Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2019, 14:55   #10936
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
Probably she was watching her car's dashcam live stream on her phone
She'd probably prefer to not publicize the evidence when the inevitable 'dash' occurs
Old 15th November 2019, 22:43   #10937
Distinguished - BHPian

One bad driver forced to become good!
SS-Traveller is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 22:49   #10938
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Stopping on the high speed line is not a good idea. The vehicle might get rear ended.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th November 2019 at 00:32. Reason: Please don't quote videos. Thanks!
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 09:59   #10939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Did he turn around and go back on the wrong way again after you went? Highly probable that he did that.
nikhilthegunner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 10:44   #10940
Senior - BHPian

AS YOU SOW, SO SHALL YOU REAP

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20191116_1040151058x979.jpg

Photo that a friend proudly shared on WhatsApp, titled : My son driving our car!

PS: Have masked the face to protect the little one's identity.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2019, 11:08   #10941
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
Stopping on the high speed line is not a good idea. The vehicle might get rear ended.
The speed limit there is pretty low - 30 or 40 kmph I believe. In any case, a car with brake lights and hazards on in broad daylight, running the risk of rear-ending, is safer than a head-on collision with the other car inside a dark tunnel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilthegunner View Post
Did he turn around and go back on the wrong way again after you went? Highly probable that he did that.
Might have, I don't know. Till I could see him in the ORVM, he was driving in the right direction.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2019, 22:28   #10942
BHPian

Reduced visibility, and the nexon guy wants to overtake on a blind curve. I was miffed until i saw the ST bus driver
Torq is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2019, 10:29   #10943
Distinguished - BHPian

Received a wonderful antidote to an hour's worth of frustration at toll booths yesterday.
Last evening, I was driving back from Moradabad to Delhi, and what should have been a 3 hour drive had another hour and a half added to it because of the additional 10-20 minutes from each of the toll booths. As I was trying to merge into another toll lane, a guy in a Q3 got into a “nosey” competition with me. Stopped and screamed, and then nosed further ahead, till it became obvious that if he moves another inch, his expensive paint is going to meet my unforgiving and cheaper bumper. I backed up a few inches while he hung out his head from the window, making a gun with his finger, and even screaming “Ye UP hai!!”, in his HR plated Audi.
He then “snitched” on me with the toll booth guys. About twenty minutes after the toll booth, I see a bit of a jam. As I get ahead, I see a brown duster being blocked in by guess who. This time he is out of the car, and at the duster’s window, shouting away. Understand that this is on a two lane highway, in the dark. The threats are not just fast moving cars and trucks, but also any guy with a katta. And this guy, with a wife and maybe 10 year old girl in the car, has decided to prove his manhood for god what purpose, or for whom.
I was a little angered when the incident happened at the tollbooth, but I have long since understood that NOTHING is worth getting in an argument, or worse, on the road. SO I had calmed down completely. But it was extremely satisfying to see how much of a worse time the guy in Audi was having.
I mean, he was obviously heading back from a vacation someplace, going by the bags in the boot.
What my worry about such guys is, especially when they have women and children in the car.
By his own admission, "This is UP". And still , he would take a chance on blowing up at a car full of strange men?
mayankk is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 14:56   #10944
BHPian

This happened yesterday. I was at Tambaram Taluk Office on the GST road, parked my car on the shoulder parallel to the road and went inside for a service. A Toyota Etios cross with a PRESS sticker on it parked besides me on the high road obstructing free flow of the traffic. He parked so close to my car that I cannot get inside. I checked the surroundings and waited for 10 mins to find him no where. Frustated, I wrote a piece of advice in a paper (cannot reveal that in the forum ) and placed it between the wiper and the windscreen. Hope he will remember this advice when ever he parks.

I got into the car from the left side. After some gymnastics and breathing exercises got in to the driver seat and rode off.

The PRESS/Media sticker helps these guinea pigs to evade the rules and the police.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 10:25   #10945
Distinguished - BHPian

Absolute disregard by a school bus:

Rash driving becoming synonymous to school buses and here is one more! This fella was in a hurry and had no space to get into my lane yet a mere hand signal is presumed to overrule every other indication. KA03D6439 and associated with the Goodwill English high-school, Yelahanka.

When I rolled down soon after to tell him what he did was morinic, he suggests me to make my way and keep going and that's when I really got annoyed and pulled over and gave him some earful after getting down. The bus had only students and I asked the kids if there was a teacher along with them and there was none. The driver wasn't wearing the mandatory uniform which is another story. I showed him the dashcam as he argued he had right of way and on return from school, I pulled over at the Yelahanka Traffic Police station, met the constables outside and they noted down the details - Not sure if they will take action but I will wait and then do the rest.

Wrong side driving and its a norm:

Co-incidentally, BHPian sandsun7 was right behind me (he messaged me later) and we both presumed this was the famous XUV that we regularly spotted on the wrong side at the same time. Upon checking my previous uploads, I realised that this was a different XUV. KA04ML4200 - Dude you need to get famous.

I only gesture him on what exactly was he trying to achieve but didn't want just another moron on just another normal day to spoil my mood like yesterday and I moved on. I noticed other vehicles behind me were also blocking him. At once I also noticed the XUV slotting into reverse gear but later he would have continued further.

Needless to say, the 2 wheelers that you see at the beginning of the video are so regular that the Bangalore RTOs have requested amendment to the rules and publish a gazette notification that 2-wheelers are now legally allowed to do whatever they want.

I saw a dead man riding:

This is Doddaballapur Road, wide and usually faster than Bangalore standards. You can notice how vehicles are passing by as I slow down. I notice the LCV slow down and assume he wants to turn right but the reason was something else.

This bike had a dead man riding it with another normal human being also known as pillion who often is the rider's best friend when it comes lending a helping hand. You can see the pillion signalling the fast oncoming traffic to slow down and make way for them.

All this to avoid a U-Turn to reach the gate of an official building on the other side (you can see the gate at the start of the video). The U-Turn is another 200 meters away

Last edited by paragsachania : 26th November 2019 at 10:41.
paragsachania is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 10:42   #10946
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Absolute disregard by a school bus:

Rash driving becoming synonymous to school buses and here is one more! This fella was in a hurry and had no space to get into my lane yet a mere hand signal is presumed to overrule every other indication. KA03D6439 and associated with the Goodwill English high-school, Yelahanka.
Seriously doubt whether the cops will take action. Suggest you to call the principal of the school and share the video with her/him. Tell the video will be shared with parents of the children of that school.

And what was his hand gesture? Was he pointing or poking at something .
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 10:56   #10947
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Suggest you to call the principal of the school and share the video with her/him. Tell the video will be shared with parents of the children of that school.
I checked the details about this school and from the location and information available, I realised these are the schools which would hardly care for such threats like the usual polished and sophisticated ones. But I have left at message with the video as well as the details of the bus on their facebook page and hope there is a response:

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-vlcsnap2019112610h47m06s056.png

Quote:
And what was his hand gesture? Was he pointing or poking at something .
ಜಾಗ ಮಾಡ್ಕೊಂಡು ಹೋಗ್ತಾ ಇರ್ಬೇಕು - One must make their way and keep going!
paragsachania is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 11:05   #10948
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I checked the details about this school and from the location and information available, I realised these are the schools which would hardly care for such threats like the usual polished and sophisticated ones. But I have left at message with the video as well as the details of the bus on their facebook page and hope there is a response:

Attachment 1939045

ಜಾಗ ಮಾಡ್ಕೊಂಡು ಹೋಗ್ತಾ ಇರ್ಬೇಕು - One must make their way and keep going!
You can see that the bus has no safety rails as well. The kid is half outside as seen in the pic. So dangerous for kids.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 11:19   #10949
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
You can see that the bus has no safety rails as well. The kid is half outside as seen in the pic. So dangerous for kids.
Good catch Viddy. So the school ensures safety of the kids by "Goodwill" and keeps up to its name . The driver after this continued to talk on the phone as I let him pass because I wanted to capture the name and number properly.

High time school buses too have Dashcams installed mandatorily. I had earlier written to the transport department of my daughter's school after on incident of one of their buses in front of our apartment and how a Dashcam would have helped the driver to say who erred (other party was a 2 wheeler).

Soon after this, in few months they got cameras installed for all their buses. Although they are not Dashcams, I am sure it would be helping them a lot to deal with such cases on day to day basis.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-yyyy.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-zzzz.jpg

Many have CCTV installed to record the cabin but the need of the hour is to have Dashcams where the schools can assess how their buses are driven. Merely stickering "Speed-limit and GPS Installed" won't do.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 11:58   #10950
BHPian

I was unable to find a separate thread on this, but I am sure this phenomenon must have been observed in this forum. Kids riding pillion, facing backwards.

Now I don't understand if the parents are unaware or simply don't care about this, but it is a serious safety issue. I saw a lady riding an Activa (without a helmet), and she was probably just bringing her daughter back from school. The child was also without a helmet and riding pillion, facing backwards. She went a bit faster than she should have over a speed-braker and though she didn't lose balance, the child could not hold on and fell on the ground.
Thankfully no serious injuries, and just a few bruises, but this could have been a disaster. Sorry I don't have any pictures of this incident, but I was so pissed off seeing the ignorance of the lady rider.

Schools should also have these awareness drives to educate such parents IMO.
EvilZombie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks