Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2019, 14:02   #10951
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

I'm not an office-hour commuter, but I do tend to go out in the late afternoon when there are still home-going school and college buses on the roads. I think these vehicles were fitted with speed restrictors a few years ago, at a time when some bad incidents brought them into the limelight. Some of this was simply rotten vehicles, one incident being the death of a girl who feel through the floor!

There are exceptions, and one thing these drivers continue to do is tailgating, but, on the whole, my perception is that school/college bus driving in this city has actually improved!

But maybe Chennai-ites who are out there on the road every morning would disagree
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 14:51   #10952
Distinguished - BHPian

All school buses should have GPS, speed governors and CCTV installed in them. This is a stern message from Govt of Tamilnadu to all private school owners a couple of months ago.

It costs us about 40-50k for the CCTV and GPS fitting for a bus. Not all schools follow the orders though.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 09:39   #10953
Senior - BHPian

Porsche owner rides car without number plate, documents, fined Rs 9.8 lakh

Quote:
Owner of a Porsche 911 was slapped with Rs 9.8 lakh fine on Wednesday in Ahmedabad West. The sports car was caught by the traffic police. The vehicle had no number plate. Besides, the owner of the car did not have valid documents.

The fine was slapped on the owner for not having valid document and number plates on the car.

"During a routine checking in Ahmedabad West. Porsche 911 was caught by PSI MB Virja. The vehicle had No Number Plate and Valid Documents. Vehicle detained and slapped fine of Rs. 9 Lakh 80 Thousand [9,80,000 INR]" tweeted the Ahmedabad Police.

The sports car was detained by the traffic police on Sindhu Bhavan Road in Ahmedabad. Porsche 911 costs Rs 16 lakh. In the last few days, the police have detained 10 such luxurious cars.
Source: https://www.indiatoday.in/india/stor...834-2019-11-30
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 09:54   #10954
Team-BHP Support

Re: Porsche owner rides car without number plate, documents, fined Rs 9.8 lakh

Quote:
Porsche 911 costs Rs 16 lakh
@Indiatoday:

And where can I purchase one please?

I would like to purchase this one instead of other 'luxury cars' in that budget like Honda City and Hyundai Verna.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 30th November 2019 at 09:58.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th November 2019, 09:57   #10955
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
And where can I purchase one please?

I would like to purchase this one instead of other 'luxury cars' in that budget like Honda City and Hyundai Verna.

Thanks for pointing out. That's obviously a mistake, a typo error.
Old 1st December 2019, 15:14   #10956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Thanks for pointing out. That's obviously a mistake, a typo error.
No,no.

I believe that they should announce a scheme where whoever deposits the correct guessed amount of an ultra luxe seized car, is allowed to own it. Else, the owner can pay the actual depreciated value of the seized car to opt out and keep ownership after serious rulebook violation. If the new winner (new owner) is facing troubles, he can sell the car back to the RTO, and guess what, the car is auctioned at the appreciated value or the owner can pay actual invoice value for accepting the violation of the rulebook norms. It should only apply to major violations though. Not loophole rules where the common public is already facing problems.

It would be a fresh new issue worth the discussion for the elites and ultra rich. Even banks can issue loans for this. The earned funds can go towards automated traffic management systems and procuring high tech equipment by the traffic cops to ease the lives of common folk who have to face trouble of taking a day off work to make sure their papers are complete.
h3mnzu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 11:52   #10957
BHPian

I had an unpleasant experience in the morning today. I searched the community for bad driving and stumbled upon this thread. I find this thread to be quite a stress reliever. After all whom do I complain to about bad drivers for majority are one and gloating in arrogance of what they are with the false esteem and pretense of being the king of the road. It's appalling to see the kind of disregard to fellow drivers and pedestrians.

It's not just the truckers, pickups, bus or taxi drivers I am talking about - It's people like us. Educated, working in an MNC, leading a good life and not just hand to mouth and driving a costly car.

Coming to my experience today - I was driving on the fast lane at about 80-90. I had a bike with a pillion rider ahead of me to my left. In the rear view mirror I saw a Creta barreling down, with the curse of today - the flashing white projector lights and blaring horns. I felt like he is on his way from a different world. I could not believe that he would make that move of plunging into the narrow gap between the unsuspecting bike guy and me, well, you guessed it right, he did that with full rage. I had to shove myself almost on to the divider on my right. The driver - a well dressed, office goer, probably a Project manager in an IT firm or a Production/assembly manager in a Car manufacturing firm. What's the hurry, how far will that take you on the road.

Though I gave him a short chase, I tried to cool myself down. I thought about my family back home. I thought it's better to let him go his way and dismiss this incident as a demonic driver from hell and that this never happened, instead of ending up in news for something worse. The Team-BHP sticker thats stuck to my car reminded me that I was doing the exact same thing that "the driver from hell" just did.

I could not capture the photo of Creta, but I believe that this experience gives a gist of how careful one has to be, to also ensure that you also let live a hazardous driver and consider that to be your duty. So, all my fellow drivers out there, the reason I publish this here, is with the hope that we all can make a difference. We are in huge numbers here and each one of us, if we are considerate about others on road and also advise your friends to behave, then our roads will be a better place and we all could have an enjoyable drive instead of ranting about a "driver from hell"

Last edited by Tygerman : 5th December 2019 at 12:19. Reason: typos
Tygerman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 15:44   #10958
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerman View Post
Though I gave him a short chase ...
It's never worth it. To even catch up with these people we have to drive as badly as they do, and for what? The fleeting satisfaction of uttering a few expletives, which will be ignored.

I try to just be glad they are in front and away from, rather than behind.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 16:45   #10959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Very well said sir. I follow the same principle when i encounter these kind of morons. If i see that someone behind me is a 'moron', i will try my level best to give him/her a space to pass me. After that I can just relax and drive.
kavensri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 18:47   #10960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It's never worth it.
That's a good way to feel good . I will try that.

Last edited by Tygerman : 5th December 2019 at 19:07. Reason: adding string
Tygerman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 19:31   #10961
BHPian

Any driver who doesnt read/follow the road sign is a bad driver in my eyes.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-5dd7d6f19e21453e9cae6d38faf7663a.jpeg

Blatantly parking at a no parking sign causing unwanted traffic bottleneck.
SideView is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 19:45   #10962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Any driver who doesnt read/follow the road sign is a bad driver in my eyes.

Attachment 1942659

Blatantly parking at a no parking sign causing unwanted traffic bottleneck.
Thats a cab and for them following no rules is a rule. They park wherever they want, drive however they wish to and honk whenever they feel like.
TorqueyTechie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2019, 23:56   #10963
Team-BHP Support

Two in one day.

1. I'm approaching Richmond Circle flyover, already hanging left and used lane-change blinkers to indicate my intention to go left of the up-ramp. This auto chap is behind me on my left (can see him in my ORVM), when suddenly for reasons incomprehensible to my limited intellect, he decides it's a good idea to swing over to my right and dive ahead. Watch how close he gets to the retaining wall edge.

Someday, he's going to try it with someone who'll hang him out to dry instead of indulging his suicidal driving. One can only hope he doesn't have passengers when that happens.

2. Approaching a right turn that has a speed-breaker right on the curve, and this chap on an RE thinks it's a perfect opportunity to execute a brakes-screeching barge, while the lights of an oncoming Innova are clearly visible. A whisker away from being roadkill.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 6th December 2019 at 00:00.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 13:43   #10964
Senior - BHPian

A Maruti Swift overtakes us and continues driving along the wrong side to enjoy the newly laid section

Klub Class is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 14:05   #10965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
A Maruti Swift overtakes us and continues driving along the wrong side to enjoy the newly laid section
Extremely dangerous! Such irresponsible drivers should be charged with attempt to murder.
KL01toKA03 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks