Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2020, 18:31   #11056
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post

My observations:
I don't see any flashing lights on the ambulance, so I assume it is not attending to any emergency.
Looks like a road rage incident. Something must have taken place before which led to the fight.

OT : The number plate on the bus is fake. Initially I was surprised to find a KL 01 B (Trivandrum registration from the early 90s in a bus in kozhikode) which made check the portal and it tells me it is a motorcycle.

Last edited by --gKrish-- : 4th February 2020 at 18:35.
--gKrish-- is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 19:36   #11057
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankar009 View Post
Two wheeler drivers should also try to stop the practice of overtaking from the wrong(left side)
Just one of the many shoulds in driving. Everyone should use all their mirrors all the time. Because why? Because why wouldn't you? What do you want? To see less? Or to see more. But the bikers won't listen. Nor will the people who think it is fine not to use mirrors.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 20:39   #11058
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL01toKA03 View Post

I don't see any flashing lights on the ambulance, so I assume it is not attending to any emergency.
You can hear the sirens in the video.. Maybe it was on the way to pick up a patient?
Old 5th February 2020, 18:35   #11059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Good thought but in Bangalore that is a practice and when you question that wrong side over taker you will be asked "what happened?". Nobody feels something is wrong and that becomes a practice or law and eventually you become an odd man out here
It is impossible to drive in Bangalore if your car does not have left ORVM. One can write a whole big book on "Driving Practice to follow in Bangalore"
Nowadays it is mandatory to have a " NO LEFT SIDE OVERTAKING ' signage on all Transport Vehicles (especially buses). at least in Tamil Nadu and Kerala. I think the presence of open left ORVM has given confidence to these rule breakers because they seem to take it for granted that the drivers of those vehicles will ensure the safety of them.
sankar009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 12:46   #11060
BHPian

Another phenomenon, increasing rapidly in Bangalore - turn right, move to the right side of the road before junction and turn sharp right. Oncoming traffic has to adjust and make way to these..
G-BoleroBoy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2020, 14:50   #11061
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankar009 View Post
Nowadays it is mandatory to have a " NO LEFT SIDE OVERTAKING ' signage on all Transport Vehicles (especially buses). at least in Tamil Nadu and Kerala.
Bikers don't see, or don't take notice of, indicators. How can we expect them to read and act on such a sign?
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-BoleroBoy View Post
Another phenomenon, increasing rapidly in Bangalore - turn right, move to the right side of the road before junction and turn sharp right. Oncoming traffic has to adjust and make way to these..
Yes. Correct position for right turn is just left of centre. Not just right of centre. And, of course, the turn should be taken without cutting the corner. All this assumes caring about oncoming traffic on one's own road, and on the other road: increasingly, people don't.

Another "popular" pre-right-turn manoeuvre is to tailgate (or even overtake ) the car in front.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th February 2020, 16:15   #11062
BHPian

This happened couple of days back, as far as parents love their kids, I wish they are informed on safety measures.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-132c67413a02479e9b04b07d47710173.jpeg  

vvivek85 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 02:48   #11063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
You could have put a note with your choice of words and see that, its tagged in the right place visible to the driver and his co-passengers. I did it twice
I respectfully disagree. I an all likelihood the inconsiderate driver of the honda city will simply throw the paper away without any consideration as it has not/will not impact him/her in any way.

While you have a valid point on the consequence/inconvenience of such an action, hopefully that teaches the honda city owner a lesson not to forget in a hurry.

While your method is apt, it only applies to those with a conscience and respect for others. If the honda owner had either of these the car would not have been parked in such a way.

He should be happy that no further damage was done to the car, as a consequence of his/her own stupidity and inconsideration.

Also, it is quite possible that some car would have had a car air pump which could have been borrowed.

The polite way may not always be the best way to educate fellow road users in our country.

Last edited by rakirank : 10th February 2020 at 02:51.
rakirank is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 18:45   #11064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakirank View Post
I an all likelihood the inconsiderate driver of the honda city will simply throw the paper away without any consideration as it has not/will not impact him/her in any way.
It's enough to read at it once. Depends on where you stick it and the words you have written. It creeps into your subconscious mind and will stay there. Actually, it works way better than having a direct altercation.

Quote:
While you have a valid point on the consequence/inconvenience of such an action, hopefully that teaches the honda city owner a lesson not to forget in a hurry.
Old 10th February 2020, 20:50   #11065
BHPian

Quote:
I respectfully disagree.

The polite way may not always be the best way to educate fellow road users in our country.
I agree. Politeness is taken as a weakness today. Whether it is two or four wheels, I feel the act done by OP , like a punch in the face, is what will stick in the mind of the offender!
srikanthns is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2020, 10:57   #11066
Distinguished - BHPian

I solemnly pledge to follow the traffic rules, so I have stopped for the traffic light to turn green no matter if I have taken the wrong side and if I am not wearing the helmet:

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-vlcsnap2020021110h55m41s887.png

I am 7 wheeler. 4 for the road, 1 spare and 2 more for the 2 wheeler stocked inside me (spotted between Rajkot and Ahmedabad):

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-vlcsnap2020021110h59m13s203.png

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-vlcsnap2020021110h59m33s348.png

Last edited by paragsachania : 11th February 2020 at 11:01.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 16:51   #11067
Distinguished - BHPian

I need not mention that Headlights and Hazards will let you do ANYTHING on our country's roads.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-eqps6mivaaaql9a.jpeg

This was on a proper 6 lane road with a median. The U turn was only 100 meters away.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th February 2020, 15:34   #11068
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Going against the tide here and posting about a good driver

It's not every day that one sees a good driver in peak/rush hour morning office traffic, so I'm posting this here as "contrary evidence" for all the bad driving we see around us.

I also remember @Thad E Ginathom mentioning that good drivers go unnoticed most of the times, which is so very true.

So, I'm using this to break the monotony of this thread that has been seen so many posts about bad drivers/driving.
I was just behind this car and followed it with a safe distance from my car for a good 15-20 minutes in peak traffic and was happy seeing it being driven so nicely.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-good-driver.jpg

*BMW X7 XDrive 40i - It had a local state registration number and colour of the number plate was blackish/dark green. It also has "SEYCHELLES CC (HONORARY)" in small font above the number, Carnet import or Diplomatic (numbers don't change to local numbers for such do they? ) or is it something else ?

Last edited by NPV : 15th February 2020 at 15:36.
NPV is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th February 2020, 18:25   #11069
BHPian

Re: Team-Bhp members on road

Mod Note : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and the use of abusive words / photographs in posts / avatars / signatures / topics are STRICTLY prohibited.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th February 2020 at 18:39. Reason: Mod Note inline.
RenuKumar is offline   Received Infraction
Old 17th February 2020, 20:50   #11070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasinveins View Post
He noticed a Honda city CVT parked right in front of the parking entrance, Now, there is no way out for almost 15+ vehicles parked in the parking.
A similar incident happened to me exactly a week later after coming across your post.

In my case, it was in my recently moved apartment.With many thing planed for the Sunday, I came to parking to remove the my car only to find out I am blocked with a car parked exactly in front of my parking entry/exit gate. There was a decent amount of space next to gate , but the owner chose my gate maybe because it requires additional maneuvering to park a little ahead.
Started searching for the owner initially at nearby homes and no one had any clue. Then started calling the Car dealer by a sticker which was pasted on the car, they acknowledged and tried their best even though it was Sunday and suggested to call Traffic police who will tow it away. The other side of my parking had another car whose owner was out of town. After an hour or so I got a call from Car dealer with a number unfortunately that number did not exist. Now it is more than an hour and option of calling traffic police is left or cancel the day. There was a church nearby and being Sunday there was a slight possibility of owner being there for such long time, my Security guard went there and made an announcement and the owner was found.

The owner was a gentleman who acknowledged his mistake , but the anger inside me made me blast at him (tried my best to be normal, but couldn't).With some scenes the owner left and I started the day 2+ hours late

I found this mobile parking card which displays mobile number so that others can reach out to the car owner when emergency.
This might be helpful when parked at unknown places (best to carry during Road trips).

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-a840716ce8dca10c6d0c9b318e313f4a.jpe
Shamegz is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks