Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2020, 23:22   #11146
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
What should be done to these bad driver’s?

https://www.facebook.com/13190511689...JHpSrEm3HzANc4
This reminds of the old computer game Road rash. Only thing missing from the game is shoving and kicking others out of their way.

Can't believe that someone can actually ride like this on the road and get away without causing injury to self or others!

Hope for the sake of other road users, that these guys realize the sheer craziness of their actions
Old 3rd September 2020, 09:26   #11147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakirank View Post
This reminds of the old computer game Road rash. Only thing missing from the game is shoving and kicking others out of their way.
OT: I still play it for the same urge.

Be sensible on the road and relieve your urge through these games.
Old 4th September 2020, 17:30   #11148
BHPian

An idiot tractor driver on NH 65 near Vijayawada. See how he switched lanes without any indication.

He waved his hand only when I started honking. Had to swerve to left lane swiftly to avoid collision but did it only after checking for safety.

Pferdestarke is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2020, 17:59   #11149
BHPian

Tokyo Drift Trucker

Came across this video of a truck driver auditioning for Fast & Furious 11
Hats off to his stupidity and enthusiasm, as he attempts to cross an oil spill, in his custom sports lorry!
Joshua_Ray is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 11:18   #11150
Distinguished - BHPian

This guy was on a suicide mission. The road was super wet and this guy was speeding and weaving through traffic. He almost went under the truck.

naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th September 2020, 12:54   #11151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
This guy was on a suicide mission. The road was super wet and this guy was speeding and weaving through traffic. He almost went under the truck.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=RIPC23DrI4M
Looks like somebody really needed to use the toilet, badly!!!

It's not even like he got away, despite all his histrionics, he never pulled away from you! People need to understand that smooth and anticipative driving is the fastest way.

Last edited by Turrrb0 : 24th September 2020 at 12:56.
Turrrb0 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 19:58   #11152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
Looks like somebody really needed to use the toilet, badly!!!

It's not even like he got away, despite all his histrionics, he never pulled away from you! People need to understand that smooth and anticipative driving is the fastest way.
Some people just drive like that. They basically think that’s what driving entails.

Recalls memory of a colleague who accompanied us on an abroad visit. On seeing highways with disciplined lane traffic, he exclaimed with straight face why so many people were driving like robots without changing lanes. When I asked what he meant, he said driving means using the steering wheel not holding on to it. He said this all seriously.
Yieldway17 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th September 2020, 13:27   #11153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Some people just drive like that. They basically think that’s what driving entails.

Recalls memory of a colleague who accompanied us on an abroad visit. On seeing highways with disciplined lane traffic, he exclaimed with straight face why so many people were driving like robots without changing lanes. When I asked what he meant, he said driving means using the steering wheel not holding on to it. He said this all seriously.
Would like to get a peek into how these people's brains work.. Wondering where some of the wiring was left disconnected.
Turrrb0 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 13:18   #11154
BHPian

If you are in Chennai, beware of the state run MTC buses. Following are the key things to keep in mind.
  • Their brakes may not work. I had an experience when waiting in my two wheeler to take an U turn at a signal and the bus kept coming closer and closer. As it was 7 PM, its headlights were very much visible in the rear view mirrors. It took sometime to realize that the brakes of the bus are not working. At a whisker of a moment I moved a bit to the side and escaped.
  • Be extra cautious when you overtake an MTC bus parked in the bus stop. My friend had his back door of his Rapid got severely damaged, when the bus took off from the bus stop, moving straight into the right lane, without even looking at the Rapid in the right lane.
  • Don't pay attention to their honks in a signal that is RED. They keep honking when you stop at RED. Never mind. Keep your cool and start only when the signal turns GREEN. Do not look behind or make an attempt to shout at the driver. Its pointless and will only invite more problems.
  • Be cautious when you overtake him on the left lane. There could be a bus stop nearby and the MTC bus will just move to left lane, without minding you trying to overtake in the left lane.
Crank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 00:19   #11155
BHPian

Not a bad driver but idiotic pedestrians.

Taken from CCTV at the newly opened bridge at Durgam Cheruvu in Hyderabad. Words fail me when people act this stupid.

(Video source Cyberabad Traffic Police Twitter feed.)
DriverR is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th October 2020, 11:18   #11156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post

No wonder statistics say every 4 minutes one person dies in road accidents in India. And you don't necessarily need to be on a vehicle for that .
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 12:25   #11157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post

Taken from CCTV at the newly opened bridge at Durgam Cheruvu in Hyderabad. Words fail me when people act this stupid.

(Video source Cyberabad Traffic Police Twitter feed.)
Saw another much more bizarre video of this bridge. Same spot, seems to be much later at night.

Turrrb0 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 12:45   #11158
BANNED

Thanks @ajmat this thread is so useful for me especillay your point on underaged drivers which reminds me about a horrible incident that I had 2 years back.
Old 9th October 2020, 12:50   #11159
Senior - BHPian

It was funny to watch how sheepishly the guy on the side of the bridge took off, and the shirtless guy just disowned his friend and took to his heels.

The police car was almost on a stealth with the lights off !.

I actually had a very good laugh looking at this video.
jkrishnakj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 08:26   #11160
BHPian

Now I don't know if this belongs in the bad drivers thread but this surely is one inconsiderate family. On 09/10/2020, I was on my way to Thrissur for some official work and I encountered this at Paliyekkara toll plaza. I was on the Fastag express lane and there was this Ford Ecosport in front of me. At the gate, the Fastag of the Ecosport was not getting read even after multiple attempts with the hand held scanner. So naturally the toll attendents asked for cash and since its the express lane you will be charged double for cash transactions. The driver pays cash and while getting the change, he now decides to contest this and refuses to take the change and asks for full refund.

Some senior person from the toll collection staff gets involved, but the Ecosport people do not budge. Now there is a long line of cars behind me in the express lane, honking. People start coming out of their cars to see what's going on. One elderly person (maybe the driver's father) gets down and comes to my window and tells me that their tag is only three days old but the toll people are conning them. He doesn't listen to questions regarding activation or sufficient balance and goes back to the car.

10 mins pass and people are getting impatient, and one by one a few of them approach the Ecosport and unsuccessfully ask them to move the car. After 15-20 mins my patience also wears thin and I approach the car to ask them to at least move the car ahead and to the side and then continue with their protest and let us people carry on with our life and work. That's when the I got the funniest reasoning from the elderly lady in the rear seat (maybe the mother of the driver) that if they move the car and let us pass, they won't get their money back. So they were holding up traffic and inconveniencing a lot of other people to get back the additional amount they had to pay maybe/ may not be due to their fault. Finally after some time they get their refund and I get to resume my journey.

One thing I noticed was that people waiting behind me, even though honked a lot, didn't lose their patience and do something rash which pleasantly surprised me. The culprit (with registration masked)

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20201009_101340.jpg.
BLACNWYTE is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed