Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2021, 21:55   #11311
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

How on earth can someone even think of doing something of this sort. Incredible India

Last edited by vvivek85 : 22nd January 2021 at 21:56. Reason: Typo
vvivek85 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 06:57   #11312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
How on earth can someone even think of doing something of this sort. Incredible India

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=DyK2YSkSMXI
I've seen something similar in Punjab myself, a truck carrying an EcoSport in a very similar fashion. This is pretty dangerous, not to mention the obvious question, how did they even get it up there?!
RoadMonkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 07:43   #11313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadMonkey View Post
how did they even get it up there?!
You'd kick yourself for wanting to know. The usual technique is to park the truck with its rear against a cliff of suchlike, setup a ramp of wooden planks to the top and drive the vehicle onto the truck.

Few days back there was a video of such a ramp arrangement (to load a vehicle onto a boat) going horribly wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarjun View Post
Kids sticking out of the sunroofs has become quite common these days
Had driven to Kerala recently. From Salem till Coimbatore there was a car (a WR-V iirc) a bit ahead of me with a kid sticking out exactly as you mention. About 150 km. On a highway. Often at speeds > 100 kmph.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 08:32   #11314
BHPian

I know I will get lot of bricks for it, but need to tell.

After a close encounter last week, I started noticing these regularly, the bicycle racks for car, specially those designed for carrying two cycles.

I saw a black innova fitted with one such rack and it had one bicycle mounted. But the additional length of the mount was sticking out at least couple of feet from the car like two horns of a bull. In a scary situation like sudden braking, I pray to god that there are no two wheelers following the car in close proximity.

Along with bumpers, these also needs to be banned.

Image from Google. What I saw was sharper than these.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-sl400.jpg  

girishv is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 11:05   #11315
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post

Along with bumpers, these also needs to be banned.

Image from Google. What I saw was sharper than these.
I think these are already made illegal. Read this news sometime last year.
Old 25th January 2021, 16:40   #11316
Distinguished - BHPian

The extreme hurry to reach home and the tricks they try!

I almost avoid this stretch on a regular day because I end up meeting a number of such idiots who cannot have patience to manage 30 minutes driving on a busy 4-lane and attempt overtaking from the shoulder to get past slower vehicles! Whenever I am returning back home, I promise myself to drive extremely patiently on this stretch so that I can reach home peacefully than getting involved in a competition that you witness here.

Bad Driver 1:
Aspire tries to overtake from shoulder, gets pushed out of the road by the Bolero Pick-up. The car had a Dashcam and am sure the owner would want to delete this clip off the records but dude I got you!

Bad Driver 2:
Grande i10 with an unbuckled kid standing on the back seat, impatient driver attempts to overtake from the shoulder, fails to do that and then happily tries get back onto my lane when things go wrong but this time I am in no mood buddy and you need to wait

This was on a Saturday afternoon and took the risk of driving all the way till Nelamangala and turned off towards Hesarghatta from here. If it was a Sunday, I would have gotten off this highway at Sira itself and peacefully reached home via beautiful single carriageway roads.

Last edited by paragsachania : 25th January 2021 at 16:47.
paragsachania is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 20:09   #11317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
In a scary situation like sudden braking, I pray to god that there are no two wheelers following the car in close proximity.
+1

It should not be allowed on roads. It is dangerous for the other road users. Even for the car, it can be a costly affair if it gets rear ended.

In the video below, the owner lost his cycles, rear window glass, and bad dents on the body. The MU-X would have come scathe free sans the cycle.

bejoy is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 28th January 2021, 21:41   #11318
Senior - BHPian

Never knew cycle carriers to be illegal. Though I don't use them, I have seen them being used widely abroad. Especially in the middle east where road rules are very strictly adhered, there are plenty of cars with this attached to the rear.

Could someone in know, somehow elaborate the legal and correct aspects of having this on one's car.

Off topic: In the preceding post video, can the Ciaz owner get a tax refund now that his car is <4m (No offense to Ciaz owners, but man look at that rear !)

Last edited by TrackDay : 28th January 2021 at 21:46.
TrackDay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 10:24   #11319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Could someone in know, somehow elaborate the legal and correct aspects of having this on one's car.
Carriers block view of the number plates, hence declared illegal.

LINK
Old 29th January 2021, 10:46   #11320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Carriers block view of the number plates, hence declared illegal.

LINK
More than blocking plates the extensions are illegal as they are beyond the prescribed dimensions of the vehicle registered in the RC book.

Then comes the dangerous protrusion these carriers have.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 16:51   #11321
BHPian

We live in a world where people can't waste their precious time by being patient at the railway crossing

The only good thing was, he didn't make any effort to pull back the bike.

vvivek85 is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 17:46   #11322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvivek85 View Post
We live in a world where people can't waste their precious time by being patient at the railway crossing

The only good thing was, he didn't make any effort to pull back the bike.

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=hb3Y...ture=emb_title
Scary and funny at the same time. Hope he has learnt a lesson for life.
rajivr1612 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 20:16   #11323
BHPian

I have seen crazy menace riders on the road but never came across such a clean video. I can't get over the fact that he has 1.24 lakh subscribers and all his video comments praising him for his dangerous reckless riding. There is a difference between riding fast and recklessly endangering the life's of others on the road. The below video is the latter.
logicalidiot is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th January 2021, 21:15   #11324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
I have seen crazy menace riders on the road but never came across such a clean video. There is a difference between riding fast and recklessly endangering the life's of others on the road. The below video is the latter.
These bikers should realize that other lives on the road matters. Folks returning from work, especially the ones who provide for their family. What if an impact caused by such reckless riding, ruins someone else's life. I seriously can't understand what is wrong with these fellows. They also bring about bad reputation to other bikers.
TrackDay is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2021, 13:37   #11325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
I have seen crazy menace riders on the road but never came across such a clean video. I can't get over the fact that he has 1.24 lakh subscribers and all his video comments praising him for his dangerous reckless riding. There is a difference between riding fast and recklessly endangering the life's of others on the road. The below video is the latter.
https://Youtu.be/B-N7ldOI57A
These "riders" and their parents should be handed a lifetime ban from getting a driving license anywhere in the country along with bikes seized permanently and a short visit to lockups for their parents.

These guys are figuratively moving death on roads which will occur sooner or later for either them, any innocent on road or for both.

Sad to say the harsh truth - but there is no amount of education which can solve this behavior once it becomes a habit. Only legitimate enforcement is the way to bring us Indians on track.

Last edited by amods : 1st February 2021 at 13:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks