Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2021, 09:44   #11431
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Bad Riders Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
Randomly saw this video on YouTube. The Ecosport driver was on suicidal mode. He could have got himself killed and others with such an irresponsible driving.
Isn't he the one who spoofed the Youtube Vlogger? Now we know from where he got his driving skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
Also, whats with the Ecosport steering wheel? Seems to be cut open. Is that an past airbag deployment? Looks like the guy hasn't bothered to get the unit replaced!
Yes, the airbag was deployed. You can clearly see it on the passenger side as well. Am sure he didn't replace the airbags. The instrument cluster is lit with multiple warning lights.
naveen.raju is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 11:03   #11432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralJazz View Post
Also, whats with the Ecosport steering wheel? Seems to be cut open. Is that an past airbag deployment?
Yes, the airbag has been deployed before. He is no stranger to accidents it seems.
Old 24th March 2021, 12:16   #11433
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Dear BHPians, sharing a recent incident (a lucky escape!) with you all here.

See the dashcam footage first :

I was driving on the 3rd lane of the 4-lane highway (location: Saudi Arabia) heading to my office. This happened on 22.Feb.2021 around 07:50 AM. I was driving at a speed of around 90kmph and as you can see, a car (old gen Elantra) in the 3rd lane completely lost its traction when he tried to save the life of a cat!

This was a lucky and close escape for me as I was completely clueless! Technically, To which direction I should have steered the car then? The Elantra was still spinning and I was almost confused to make a call whether to move to the 4th lane or 2nd lane or go straight in the same line. If that Elantra had stopped in my same line I might have made a brutal front collision at 90kmph! How to make a call in such bizarre situations (I merely got 2 seconds to think!)? All I could do was observe the traction of the spinning Elantra and I assumed that it might come to a halt back in the 2nd lane.

It was all my good luck on that day, God's Grace!! Dears, we all must be 101% alert and watchful while behind the steering wheel, Drive Safe!

Mods: I guess this was not the rider's fault completely, kindly move the post to the relevant thread if any. Thank you.

Last edited by kamilharis : 24th March 2021 at 12:21.
kamilharis is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 12:54   #11434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamilharis View Post
Dear BHPians, sharing a recent incident (a lucky escape!) with you all here.

See the dashcam footage first :

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=5MqbDWHTH1o

This was a lucky and close escape for me as I was completely clueless! Technically, To which direction I should have steered the car then? The Elantra was still spinning and I was almost confused to make a call whether to move to the 4th lane or 2nd lane or go straight in the same line. If that Elantra had stopped in my same line I might have made a brutal front collision at 90kmph! How to make a call in such bizarre situations (I merely got 2 seconds to think!)? All I could do was observe the traction of the spinning Elantra and I assumed that it might come to a halt back in the 2nd lane.
Thank you.[/i]
That Car should NOT have taken such an evasive action on a freeway at such high speeds. Being a old model with possibly poorer handling capabilities (Lacking ABS/TCS/ESP etc), the driver was stupid to do such a dangerous evasive move. Cruel as it might It's best to just complete the rituals especially if it's a small animal like cat coyote dog etc.. The risks of creating a fatal multiple collision on highway far outweighs any sentiments. Ofcourse if it's a big animal like a cow or camel you can say a prayer to call your guardian angels and do the best evasive move

Coming to your evasive action, it was right thing and direction you took of moving away/opposite from the direction of that Car. You were lucky in that no one was there on parallel lane. I do get tad nervous if a vehicle is in my parallel side lane for long time especially Big trucks or the likes.

Last edited by venbas : 24th March 2021 at 12:57. Reason: Typos
venbas is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th March 2021, 19:46   #11435
BHPian

Lucky to not get hurt.
Old 27th March 2021, 00:19   #11436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoosh View Post
Randomly saw this video on YouTube. The Ecosport driver was on suicidal mode. He could have got himself killed and others with such an irresponsible driving.
I am not taking sides, but what if the Rapid driver had a genuine emergency. In such a scenario there are guys like this EcoSport driver who are always taking it like some kind of challenge. The EcoSport driver is way too rash, especially overtaking that grey taxi Etios through the left.
Old 31st March 2021, 16:36   #11437
BHPian

A biker overtook me from the left and almost crashed into another bike.

navaneeth is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th April 2021, 10:43   #11438
Senior - BHPian

Long and busy signal, patiently waiting for the signal to turn green...At least i was. This black ecosport decided to squeeze me in and cut me off when there was ample space on the road for him to just turn right and keep going.

Instead he cuts me off, scrapes my left front bumper and goes off like a hare that spotted a cheetah!!!

Just boggles the mind.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20210407_155708.jpg  

deathwalkr is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 10:18   #11439
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw this dude few days back.

naveen.raju is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 15:18   #11440
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Saw this dude few days back.
That is really crazy!

I noticed that you dropped back when you saw how the biker was riding. It probably occurred to you that the idiot could be rolling on the road in front of you at any time. Not withstanding that these fools get away with stuff a lot of the time (which is why they continue to do it), if the worst does happen, there's a very good chance they spoil the life of the driver behind as well as their own.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 22:59   #11441
BHPian

I have seen this for the first time in real life and that too in Delhi (at a point where there is always police presence).

NG_EV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 20:43   #11442
Distinguished - BHPian

Flash your headlights and every other car will disappear out of your path, even if you are driving on the wrong side of the service road, clearly knowing that the oncoming vehicle could have passed if you slowed down a bit earlier where the road was wider.

Bus drivers have some pattern of thinking. I usually am very kind towards people driving large commercial vehicles, but today, I didn't want to budge. After he started reversing, I made it easier for him by moving to the left on the kerb.

PrasannaDhana is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 20:51   #11443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Flash your headlights and every other car will disappear out of your path, even if you are driving on the wrong side of the service road, clearly knowing that the oncoming vehicle could have passed if you slowed down a bit earlier where the road was wider.
I think service roads are always 2 way roads. There is nothing called wrong side.

Since the width was less in this case, one of you had to budge and reverse the vehicle.

And there was no left side space for your car because of some parking. Hence bus driver did reverse his vehicle and gave you the way.

I don't see anything wrong with either of you here
gkveda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 21:03   #11444
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
And there was no left side space for your car because of some parking. Hence bus driver did reverse his vehicle and gave you the way.

I don't see anything wrong with either of you here
Disagree.

He had no business going that route. He was going to take the wrong side of the highway to merge onto the other side of the highway through the gap in the median to avoid driving around a kilometre and making an u-turn.

If he had so much sense to see I had no space, he wouldn't have entered the broken road in the first place.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 22:52   #11445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
I think service roads are always 2 way roads. There is nothing called wrong side.
They were not intended to be, but usage, probably justified in many cases, has made them so. I certainly don't feel I'm doing anything wrong when I double back on the service road on the OMR near me. It is not a saving-a-few-metres thing, it is the only practical way to the way I need to go.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks