Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2021, 07:35   #11476
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravansp24 View Post
Happened to come across 3 incidents within 1 hour of my drive during this empty lockdown roads

1. ......
Not that you were wrong, but lack of anticipation causes accidents. Please expect crazy fellows and crazy moves. You could have slowed down earlier in the third one IMHO.

In the second one, you probably accelerated when you could not look ahead much. Overtake slowly and accelerate only when you can see farther ahead.
sreenivass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2021, 07:53   #11477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass View Post
Not that you were wrong, but lack of anticipation causes accidents. Please expect crazy fellows and crazy moves.
Very true! I was a bit more casual as the guy already noticed me after I honked, so I was just using the engine braking for the junction that came shortly after that and didn't anticipate because of which I didn't use my brakes earlier to slow down

and regarding the woman, I also noticed her and she was just waiting there(she didn't look behind), so naturally I thought maybe she'll just wait or start moving forward, but didn't anticipate a 270° turn blindly from her.

But good lessons learnt. Have to anticipate the unexpected
Old 13th May 2021, 09:59   #11478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shravansp24 View Post
Very true! I was a bit more casual as the guy ........
But good lessons learnt. Have to anticipate the unexpected
I generally say it this way, expect people to drop from the sky. In a discplined traffic you need to focus on mostly ahead and rear for awareness. In our country, you need 360+ degree awareness in 3D, more like a sphere
sreenivass is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2021, 16:11   #11479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
I just googled the name and it looks like this guy just spend one night in jail and got back home again, guess how ? Some folks are just incorrigible.

Don't know how much of this is true, but it seems this is not the first of his antics. His Instagram is full of such money-spoilt extravaganza & has even gone ahead and posted most of his latest antics on Instagram of the same incident. Seems like he is a lost case !

https://www.instagram.com/p/COtTvoPjchr/
https://www.instagram.com/p/COmmsgeDQwU/
https://www.instagram.com/p/COmk_8iso9X/

...And the story continues. The same guy repeated the same reckless stunt the very next day after getting released from jail.

"I'm Very Rich": Indian-American Lands In Jail For Tesla Stunt, Repeats It After Release

Money just can't buy common sense!

Last edited by DriverR : 13th May 2021 at 16:11. Reason: Formatting
DriverR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 07:35   #11480
BHPian

Hi all,
New breed of bad drivers with blinding led headlights, coming at high speeds exceeding than road values behind you and flashing head lights constantly to move away. These set of drivers don't even give time to move away and they expect car in the front to just to disappear into thin air. Especially problem is really menacing with high been led headlights, it just blinds orvms and also to an ivrm (if not of day/night), thereby leading to temporary disorientation.

Last edited by vb-saan : 16th May 2021 at 09:22. Reason: typo
navrddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th June 2021, 18:46   #11481
BHPian

Re: Accident because of bad driving (lady driver)

I had posted videos on you tube for posting on this thread, and I did not get much viewing or any comments for that, but of lately, I seem to find too many views and people posting all kind of comments which is not strange. The surprising thing is some of these people seem to find these hazardous driving quite acceptable and advise me that I should refrain from driving, if I am worried of that. Makes me wonder, because these people who write these comments are all people who accept this bad driving and probably emulate it.
sparky@home is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 13:22   #11482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
I had posted videos on you tube for posting on this thread, and I did not get much viewing or any comments for that, but of lately, I seem to find too many views and people posting all kind of comments which is not strange. The surprising thing is some of these people seem to find these hazardous driving quite acceptable and advise me that I should refrain from driving, if I am worried of that. Makes me wonder, because these people who write these comments are all people who accept this bad driving and probably emulate it.

hmm, same thing happened to me. After years of having single digit subscribers, it suddenly shot up to 150 odd during a couple of months and i got fed up of random weird comments that i closed down the channel.

Some of them were commenting that YT recommended my videos. Very weird. Oh well.
deathwalkr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2021, 14:17   #11483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky@home View Post
..I seem to find too many views and people posting all kind of comments which is not strange. The surprising thing is some of these people seem to find these hazardous driving quite acceptable and advise me that I should refrain from driving, if I am worried of that. Makes me wonder, because these people who write these comments are all people who accept this bad driving and probably emulate it.
Don't worry about the morons in the world. You should just disable the comments and continue posting the videos.

I actually have visited this and the accidents thread on the forum for the past few years simply hoping to avoid making the same mistakes.
JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 12:52   #11484
BHPian

These Tipper lorry's are the worst drivers of the lot!

Almost took out the WagonR ahead of me, while making an illegal U-turn.

Note, this is the Western Express Highway just before the Dahisar Toll Naka, Mumbai.
OverKill is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2021, 15:25   #11485
BHPian

Another day, another guy with zero value for his life. This happened at Ottapalam, Kerala. The road was soaking wet from the rains. This genius despite seeing the truck and the Swift decided to overtake and brake right in front of me. Even a small nudge from my side would have landed him right in front of that Swift. As expected, he carried on without a care in the world.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-untitled.jpg
Keeleri_Achu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 15:18   #11486
Senior - BHPian

Retrieving some dashcam footage.
1. Bangalore-Chennai Highway. You can expect vehicles to make their U Turn without looking for oncoming vehicle. All you can do is anticipate, honk, flash lights and slow down anyway to let them go ahead.

2. Vellore: Bus drivers can make any spot a bus stand, especially for intercity buses. The Green Circle is a poorly designed roundabout and a sudden bus stop with scores of people flagging down buses adds to the merriment of driving in this city

And this bus stop right after a railway crossing in the outskirts of Vellore beyond Katpadi.

3. Just another truck on the wrong side of the highway

Last edited by BenjiRoss : 21st June 2021 at 15:21.
BenjiRoss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 15:47   #11487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Retrieving some dashcam footage.
Off topic.
Kindly adjust the angle of your dashcam. It is fine in the last video, but going the date stamp, it seems to be the oldest of the lot.
Makin Rulesz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 17:39   #11488
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
Off topic.
Kindly adjust the angle of your dashcam. It is fine in the last video, but going the date stamp, it seems to be the oldest of the lot.
Yup. I drove with the dashcam pointing upwards for quite a while. Realised it only recently!
Old 21st June 2021, 23:53   #11489
BHPian

People are over smart.

500ContyCruiser is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 22:00   #11490
Senior - BHPian

I wonder if he is this disciplined, patient, and responsible in every other aspect of his life.

Last edited by clevermax : 26th June 2021 at 22:02.
clevermax is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks