Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2021, 08:17   #11566
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
A private vehicle using ambulance siren and avoiding toll. The vehicle belongs to a vlogger named E Bull Jet.
Heard these guys were arrested yesterday but for illegal modifications and non payment of tax. All major news channels showed the report even as flash news.

Don't understand why such a publicity and why their arrest was discussed so much.
naveen.raju is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 08:40   #11567
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Heard these guys were arrested yesterday but for illegal modifications and non payment of tax.
They were arrested because they and some of their toxic fanbase created a ruckus at the MVD office over the fine they received. From what little I saw, (No. I didn't see the entire clip and have no intention whatsoever of doing that) it looked 100% premeditated to cash in on the current negative outlook prevailing on the Police/MVD in the state. They're just milking the situation to gain more subscribers. Mainstream media is just being themselves to cash in on their followers.

The majority of the followers are literally teens. I saw my friend's brother's status video allegedly saying 'Kerala will burn if they're not released' I've asked my friend to give me a heads up on the time of execution.

On a serious note, the whole online class situation has led to kids falling prey to such 'influencers'. Parents really need to double check what they are watching.
Keeleri_Achu is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 08:56   #11568
BHPian

Quote:
A private vehicle using ambulance siren and avoiding toll. The vehicle belongs to a vlogger named E Bull Jet.
This is beyond acceptable. The guys continuosly says through the video that they are doing this because they don't have any other option and will get trapped within the city if they don't go soon. I think probably something related to lockdown, but still this is highly unethical and a dirty practice, not to forget a criminal offence too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Heard these guys were arrested yesterday but for illegal modifications and non payment of tax. All major news channels showed the report even as flash news.
Yes, they were not arrested initially but only given a fine for the extensive modifications done to their vehicle. They went on to create a ruckus at the RTO office that the cops eventually arrested them on grounds of not allowing govt officials to do their duty.

Sure they have done illegal modifications as per Indian laws and they are bound to be penalized. But the guys also claim that some of the fines mentioned in the list were false and they had clearly paid the taxes. Either way, they over dramatized the situation and made it a big commotion. They could have dealt it in a much better manner.

Quote:
Don't understand why such a publicity and why their arrest was discussed so much.
These guys started going live from the RTO office and their arrest was also being recorded live by themself. This made the enact go super viral all over the internet.

These guys are an example of rags to riches kind of story. They have traveled the length and breadth of the country making the van their home. They have considerably huge fan base too.
logicalidiot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 09:22   #11569
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not just reckless driving and flouting rules, the younger lot are getting influenced by these "heroic" acts. Fame and fan base should make one more responsible, sadly it's the other way around with these two chaps. Though not at all a watcher of their channel, I always appreciated their rise from humble roots. But all that little respect is now lost. The fame and money seem to have gone to their head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalidiot View Post
Either way, they over dramatized the situation and made it a big commotion. They could have dealt it in a much better manner.
When all these drama were part of the script they wrote, this isn't a surprise.

The following programme - "Out of Focus" well summarizes the menace these guys are creating.

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 10th August 2021 at 09:27.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 13:25   #11570
Senior - BHPian

I don't get it. RTO says, tax not paid, vehicle registered as white but is obviously black now with stickers all over and a bevvy of lights.

Pay the tax, get approval for all those changes/modifications and get on with life?

All in all, a needless issue.
deathwalkr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 15:37   #11571
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
Pay the tax, get approval for all those changes/modifications and get on with life?
But then, my dear sir, how could one make a video out of something as mundane as paying taxes/ fines. You need the drama and the cringe to rake up the views!
GeneralJazz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 17:10   #11572
BHPian

Wow, I am surprised the Kerala police haven't added the charges of driving with the siren. Such people need to be taught a lesson. Have seen many people flouting rules and no one should be spared irrespective of the celebrity status.
ronford is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 22:07   #11573
BHPian

Been watching the news now. Apparently Kerala police/MVD is collaborating with Bihar police in filing additional charges against these guys since the ambulance siren incident happened during their journey in Bihar. Seems like the authorities are taking it quite seriously to take these guys to task for all the transgressions and also they might be a bit peeved for these guys trying to monetize the situation by creating a spectacle at the MVD office and recording themselves.

Also the authorities are pushing for revoking the registration of the van and suspending/ cancelling the driving license of these guys. I don't know for sure but wouldn't the videos uploaded by these guys in their own channel become evidence against them. Talk about shooting yourselfs in the foot.

Just saw the light display on the van. It will cause photosensitive epilepsy for all who look at it for a full minute, assuming one can do that.

Last edited by BLACNWYTE : 10th August 2021 at 22:14.
BLACNWYTE is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2021, 08:16   #11574

This just went beyond"Taken for Granted". I tried to see what's in their Vlog , my ears were bleeding after 3 seconds of Intro . Lunacy at its peak .

Their target audience belongs to the age group 12-21 hence the dumb outrage , saw another clip of a teenage guy threating to hang himself is they weren't relased .

In the middle of pandemic when people are barely surviving , one start to think about the mindset of these followers .

The whole situation could have been avoided but then the so called fanbase started hurling abuses at the MVD kerala's Facebook and also at individual officals and the Police . I think thats were it went out of hand.
dupe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 19:11   #11575
BANNED

Okay gentlemen, all of us know that over confidence may cause one to land in soup, so does the show-off of your car's capabilities too.

Here is one such example IMO, when you don't properly gauge the depth and directly accept the challenge. Although these guys were lucky to have managed this, but they were actually very close to getting into a life threatening situation, in fact they were in one!

Off road groups are normally sane people who check the surroundings properly first, and then try everything as a group with the backup ready, this case seems to be simply a foolish act of bravery!

Last edited by VKumar : 14th August 2021 at 19:17.
VKumar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 20:15   #11576
Senior - BHPian

Oh man that is taking a needless risk in my opinion. Watching the speed of the water current is scary.
Old 14th August 2021, 20:40   #11577
BHPian

That is crazy !.

Mahindra Thar or Mahindra boat? This is plunging into a river in a car almost like a suicide attempt. This is just the kind of extraordinary acts that can drive a few others to emulate and end up in disasters .
Old 14th August 2021, 21:03   #11578
Distinguished - BHPian

That water turned just a tiny bit more brown right around when the car was in the middle of river, I'm sure of it.
AND they were doing it with the window down!
mayankk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 21:04   #11579
Distinguished - BHPian

I only the watched the first video, I don't know what's being claimed, but I can't see that not being carefully planned. They must surely know that river bed. And that doesn't mean they know how the flowing water has changed it.

Anyway, it's still astoundingly stupid. Water flowing at that speed does not need to be much more than tyre depth to wash a car away, whatever car, whatever tyres, whatever driver.
Old 15th August 2021, 19:56   #11580
Distinguished - BHPian

Indecisive, inattentive

And this idiot

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 15th August 2021 at 19:57.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks