Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2021, 17:23   #11611
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venky03 View Post
Dodging potholes is very important.
Yes, more important to many than the risk of a head-on collision. They hate the idea of driving through a small hole!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
This drunk idiot ...
Watching that made me feel nauseous!
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2021, 10:55   #11612
BHPian

Yesterday evening returning from town I had run in with this idiot, however safe a car is, its only as much safe as the driver. This Charlie just kept coming even when the gap was so narrow and it was raining too. Driving an XC90 does not necessarily mean a good driver.

sparky@home is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 20:53   #11613
Senior - BHPian

One of those thousands of them who are in a perpetual hurry to squeeze into the smallest gap available with their two-wheelers. The end result was a scratch on the left side of the bumper of my Baleno. The guy stared and gestured at me as If I cut across his path and pushed him off his bike.

Sigh! Life on the road goes on!
sandsun7 is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 23:52   #11614
BHPian

So I have a long list here. Most are interesting where some are near misses.

Just when I was about to overtake this Royal Enfield, this man decides to go right. Good that he decided to put out his hand indicating me the same, but still he is not interested in using the indicators.
Same video from 0:43 you can see another guy turning right without indicators, again just when I wanted to overtake him. If looked carefully, we can see that he looked to his right, as if it meant he wanted to turn right. Things are getting messier day by day.

This FZ guy overtook me from the left at 0:13 and then decided to hit the vehicle in front at 0:50. Again, better attention led me to not crash into him.

I dont know who the bad driver is here. The Alto800 or the state transport bus driver. Either way, looks like both were in a super hurry.

At 0:08, the Innova suddenly decides that it can join the fast going traffic just like that. And later at 0:27, my jaws dropped to the floor seeing that biker come up at 90 degree where there was no road on the right. Still wondering where he came from. I was completely blindsided by that traveler here.

After continuously honking behind me(there was no road to give him space) for a good few kms, I decided to give space for the private bus at 0:07 and he had an absolute terrifying overtake right after that making both side traffic come to a near-stand still. Later, he stopped at a bus stop 500ms away and all of us overtook him and then he repeated the same actions of honking the heck out of your ears.

At around 0:05, I see a flying bus approaching from behind and I moved to the extreme left of the road and then watch at 0:13 how fast the bus overtook all the vehicles in one go, completely occupying the opposite lane.

Not over yet. This video isn't complete, but you can see what happened here clearly. At around 0:17 when I thought I could overtake the Innova in front, I hear some classical airhorn tones from behind with lights flashing and I immediately move to the left at 0:24 and after that at 0:29 you can see the poor terrified Innova driver also gives way by going to far left. I believe the emergency services should utilize these bus drivers as they looks to be the fastest mode of transport on road. One funny thing to note is, most of these buses were empty, it looked like the buses were having a race.
Xaos636 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 09:16   #11615
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos636 View Post

After continuously honking behind me(there was no road to give him space) for a good few kms, I decided to give space for the private bus at 0:07 and he had an absolute terrifying overtake right after that making both side traffic come to a near-stand still. Later, he stopped at a bus stop 500ms away and all of us overtook him and then he repeated the same actions of honking the heck out of your ears.

Telicherry-Kozhikode stretch I assume , from the destination boards of the bus. All in a day's work for these bus drivers! I have had this experience uncountable number of times.

Quote:
At around 0:05, I see a flying bus approaching from behind and I moved to the extreme left of the road and then watch at 0:13 how fast the bus overtook all the vehicles in one go, completely occupying the opposite lane.
The reason? Can see another bus ahead of him. The race to catch pax at the next bus stop!
The timing gap between bus services on this stretch (Kannur-Telicherry-Kozhikode) used to be just 2 minutes to 5 minutes and with the kind of traffic, invariably two sometimes three buses end up going one after the other in a mad race for passengers! Things I hear is a bit different now as many buses have pulled out of this route.
sandsun7 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 18:49   #11616
BHPian

Captured from my dashcam. A lot could have gone wrong. I couldn't stop abruptly either as I was tailgated by another car.

drivingme.crazy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 19:39   #11617
Senior - BHPian

I find it very irritating to drive when heavy vehicles occupying both right and middle lane. If they can at least keep the right lane free on such 6 lane road for fast moving traffic, it will be helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-t-2.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-t-3.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-t-4.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-t-5.jpg  

airbus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 19:55   #11618
BHPian

Quote:
So I have a long list here. Most are interesting where some are near misses.

Just when I was about to overtake this Royal Enfield, this man decides to go right. Good that he decided to put out his hand indicating me the same, but still he is not interested in using the indicators.
I don't think this dude deserves a post here, compared to morons I face in Pune. They don't know what turn indicator is, they don't use their hands to indicate as the right one is on the throttle, the left one is holding phone attending to their very important calls. They just slightly bend their neck in the direction they want to go, and us lesser mortals have to check where these idiots are going
Akshay6988 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 22:38   #11619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingme.crazy View Post
Captured from my dashcam. A lot could have gone wrong. I couldn't stop abruptly either as I was tailgated by another car.
Not sure if the brown truck crossing the road was visible when you came out from behind the dumper.

If I see a vehicle crossing across lanes on highway I take my foot off the accelerator and start braking lightly. Moreso, when there's a tailing vehicle, to caution it via brake lights.

In the end, you were lucky.

Now, coming to a moron :

Saw this one going out for a joyride, with pre-teen child sticking out of sunroof.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20210912_221733.jpg
AutoNoob is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 15:37   #11620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Not sure if the brown truck crossing the road was visible when you came out from behind the dumper.

If I see a vehicle crossing across lanes on highway I take my foot off the accelerator and start braking lightly. Moreso, when there's a tailing vehicle, to caution it via brake lights.

Yes, I noticed it (guess a little late) and by the time I started decelerating the truck was about to push me out of the lane. I had to use stutter braking to warn the driver behind as well as be ready to manoeuver instead of going for a full stop incase the truck continues to push me. In the end that worked and like you said lucky too.
drivingme.crazy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 18:44   #11621
Distinguished - BHPian

Biker drives in front of a Karnataka state bus in a zigzag manner for 4kms. Gets the lesson he deserves

CEF_Beasts is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 19:03   #11622
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Biker drives in front of a Karnataka state bus in a zigzag manner for 4kms. Gets the lesson he deserves
Absolutely deserved the treatment the idiot received.
It would have been fine if it's done once or twice, people would have overlooked it, but riding in such a ridiculous manner for four kms, that idiot was asking for it.
speedmiester is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 22:45   #11623
BHPian

Poor guy!. Was just having some fun .

Would dearly like to know what was he saying in his defense as the audio is not so clear.

I wish I was one amongst the mob that surrounded him .
Old 15th September 2021, 08:34   #11624
BHPian

Quote:
BENGALURU: A man and woman on a bike died as they were thrown off the Electronic City Elevated Expressway in an accident around 9.45pm on Tuesday. The identity of the victims is yet to be ascertained. The accident occurred when a speeding Baleno hit the bike from behind, tossing the man and woman off the elevated expressway onto the surface road, some 40 feet below. Both died on the spot due to severe head injury.
Happens every year, and this time it wasn't even raining.
Someone should sue the police, the operator and the government.

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/beng...w/86216038.cms

https://www.deccanherald.com/city/th...er-842624.html

https://www.deccanherald.com/content...ents-near.html

https://www.newindianexpress.com/cit...r-1966419.html

Last edited by mvadg : 15th September 2021 at 08:38.
mvadg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 23:29   #11625
Senior - BHPian

After Bolero In Flood Water, Anand Mahindra Shares Video Of Thar Crossing River

Irrespective of how amusing or daring the act was. It was totally stupid of those people to do the crossing. It is clearly visible that the vehicle was even drifting alongwith the water at one point. Doing that twice was most stupid thing to do.

And as a responsible CEO, Mr. Mahindra should not have shared such video as this looks extremely dangerous and it may encourage others to try such stunts.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 16th September 2021 at 23:38. Reason: added youtube video link
AutoNoob is online now   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed