Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2022, 16:44   #12121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
A big yes!

The first worse thing people do is driving the same as when it is dry. Tailgaters still tailgate; darters still dart. They have no idea that stopping distances are much increased, and that skidding is much more likely.

I love driving in the rain. Within reason, the heavier it is, the more challenging it is, the more fun it is. The pleasure is entirely spoilt by the behaviour of others. It becomes dangerous. Not because of the conditions, but because of other people's ignorance.
Just did a midnight drive in the rain from Trivandrum to Ernakulam. A distance of 200Kms covered in 5Hrs. Dropped speed to 50KMph when it started raining from 80KMph but it was a horror to see KSRTC buses and other cars zooming past me as if it was all sunny and dry.
deathwalkr is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 09:49   #12122
BHPian

Thought of sharing an incident happened yesterday, about an idiot who thought me as an idiot

I was riding my Jupiter, with wife on pillion.
The commute was very short, near my house. The speeds were anyways low - that's when a cow tries to cross the road from the median (from my right to left). There was another bike on our right & an Ather tailing us.

Since the cow was heading to the left, there wasn't point in changing to the left lane. And since there was this bike on the right lane, couldn't change to the right lane either. So, I had no other option but to slow down and stop.

That's when this Ather guy tailing us got pissed, overtook from the right side and said - "Kaise kaise idiots gaadi chalate hain" (basically saying I'm driving like an idiot) & sped away.

Really? What do people expect? Either jump the bike above the cow? or switch the lanes & push the guy on the right onto the median?
pkulkarni.2106 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 10:26   #12123
BHPian

The other day in snarling b2b traffic, the driver behind was continuously honking. It is extremely irritating. You are stuck in traffic and these idiots make it worse.
attinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 10:55   #12124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by attinder View Post
The other day in snarling b2b traffic, the driver behind was continuously honking. It is extremely irritating. You are stuck in traffic and these idiots make it worse.
We all have been there. Almost everyone behind wheel these days has to have heightened senses and will definitely have heightened stress due to the unruly traffic.

That is also the reason why it is quite possible that the driver behind you is not honking AT you. I have been in the snarls, more frequently these days due to metro work, and I tell you that it is impossible not to honk because there are so many 2 wheelers trying to squeeze through the gaps without regard for where their bike will bump in to our cars.

And by the way, I got my first small dent on my left back door last week because of a 2 wheeler guy.
Old 26th July 2022, 17:48   #12125
BHPian

There is no dearth of idiots on the road. Car jumps over a divider after a stunt goes wrong. Read more at:
https://www.latestly.com/socially/in...i-3996532.html

Video Link - https://twitter.com/ANI/status/15517...i-3996532.html
Old 27th July 2022, 12:02   #12126
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
Why do people ride like this?

What's the hurry?

https://Youtu.be/Ljvydw7t7Xg
Did you take this video, or did you find it somewhere else and upload it to your channel?

Honestly it seems fake/edited - the superbike sound plays as the 2nd bike whizzes past... but, it's a scooter!

Or are those just really noisy tyres?

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-screenshot-20220727-115654.png

As for the speed:

If you watch the video with the sound off, all the superbikes are flowing at the same speed as the traffic (including the big white bus). The very first bike might have been going 20 km/h faster than the flow of traffic.

Last edited by Rehaan : 27th July 2022 at 12:04.
Rehaan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 12:43   #12127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

Honestly it seems fake/edited - the superbike sound plays as the 2nd bike whizzes past... but, it's a scooter!
Watch the video again at reduced playback speed. You can spot the bike clearly. That dude was way too quick.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bike.png

Last edited by Keeleri_Achu : 27th July 2022 at 12:47.
Keeleri_Achu is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 13:21   #12128
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
I can't believe someone who wants to keep himself fit for a longer life risks his life by cycling on such a high speed road full of idiots.
Indian road users hate a cyclist . It is highly risky to ride a cycle in normal Indian roads. That's the reason why I don't recommend road cycling as a hobby or form of exercise in India to my friends.

Last edited by KPR : 27th July 2022 at 13:27.
KPR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 15:38   #12129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Did you take this video, or did you find it somewhere else and upload it to your channel?

Or are those just really noisy tyres?

Attachment 2339021

As for the speed:

If you watch the video with the sound off, all the superbikes are flowing at the same speed as the traffic (including the big white bus). The very first bike might have been going 20 km/h faster than the flow of traffic.
It is me cycling and recording on my gopro. The scooter ruins the 2nd speeding superbike as both enter the frame in the same micro second and by the time our scooter waala moves to frame number 2, the SBK is already out of sight.

No way were these bikes doing just 100-120 like other vehicles. Especially the 1st two bikes. They were 150+ easily.

I don't understand what causes these "bikers" to have such an uncontrollable fire under their seats.

P.S: I ride a Ninja 650 too. But I cannot relate to any such habits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPR View Post
Indian road users hate a cyclist . It is highly risky to ride a cycle in normal Indian roads. That's the reason why I don't recommend road cycling as a hobby or form of exercise in India to my friends.
I agree. But then there's no place else to ride that's not swarming with idiots. So, we make do with what we have.

Last edited by Divya Sharan : 27th July 2022 at 15:42.
Divya Sharan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 19:16   #12130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeleri_Achu View Post
Watch the video again at reduced playback speed. You can spot the bike clearly. That dude was way too quick.
+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
The scooter ruins the 2nd speeding superbike as both enter the frame in the same micro second and by the time our scooter waala moves to frame number 2, the SBK is already out of sight.
Wow, totally missed that!

Great demonstration of a dynamic blind-spot, for lack of a better term.
Rehaan is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 19:34   #12131
BHPian

Overtaking on a nicely marked unbroken double white line which is screaming, 'do not overtake' at dusk on a small hillock section.

Wrong side driving by 3 cars including a Bimmer at the Asanur junction on the Trichy-Chennai National Highway, when all they have to do is drive in the correct direction and make a U turn at a kilometre and a half down the road.

Also showing the importance of following the cues given by the vehicle in front.

Last edited by Turbanator : 31st July 2022 at 20:34. Reason: Back to Back posts.
Duckdoc is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 00:06   #12132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by denzdm View Post
Car jumps over a divider after a stunt goes wrong.
Don't you hate it when such stunt idiots remain safe after accident while innocent riders/bystanders die for no fault
vidyanand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 15:33   #12133
BHPian

Overtaking from right, when I'm moving right.

It's a risky habit.

chaitanyakrish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 19:29   #12134
BHPian

Rats have more grey matter than these people.

Look at that dead brain taxi driver trying to take a U-Turn onto a jam packed stationary lane, creating a bottleneck and holding up an ambulance in the process. He stood there for a good 5 minutes or more -

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-65cad58dec18449a916b6907ab673878.jpeg

Cue the inevitable two wheeler morons that are too cool for traffic lights and their own lanes -

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-e6ba6d480b3043f0964f14e8bcbc074f.jpeg
TheHelix0202 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 19:34   #12135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelix0202 View Post
Rats have more grey matter than these people.

Look at that dead brain taxi driver trying to take a U-Turn onto a jam packed stationary lane, creating a bottleneck and holding up an ambulance in the process. He stood there for a good 5 minutes or more -

Attachment 2340809

Cue the inevitable two wheeler morons that are too cool for traffic lights and their own lanes -

Attachment 2340810
I would say it not only the taxi driver to be blamed here but the planning authority (BBMP?) for bad road planning.

If it is designated area of taking turns there is no issue with driver taking a turn. (Agreed here he is blocking the ambulance)

In Bangalore you hardly find any free lanes to take a relaxed U-turn(provided it markered approprately), some junctions are stict No u-turns.

Last edited by SideView : 1st August 2022 at 19:36.
SideView is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks