Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2010, 20:29   #1231
Senior - BHPian

it was raining cat and dogs this evening in Electronic City and i was riding my bike. lo comes a BMW 320D (KA 35 M 7069)! it was the owner (not driver) driving the car and it was quite visible. he was driving like a auto driver - the one who got a lottery and bought a BMW! the idiot was trying to squeeze the beamer into every space possible (even if it didn't fit in)!

at the section where the road below joins the road coming from BETL, there were two men standing at that spot. our guy, trying to overtake the Swaraj Mazda in front in a hurry, almost ran those two people!!!

the way he was driving, he should have been publicly flogged!!
Old 13th July 2010, 20:34   #1232
Distinguished - BHPian

I saw a BMW driver, the other day, that made me imagine saying to the driver, "nice car... pity you don't know how to drive it!". Of course, I had to be content with my fantasy, as he was long gone by the time I finished the thought.

Usually these expensive to buy/repair cars get driven with that expense in mind...
Old 13th July 2010, 21:06   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Usually these expensive to buy/repair cars get driven with that expense in mind...
My observation is that these are normally driven by chauffers and they do a good job as long as the owner is in the car. Alone in the car and they are as "good" as the Indicab guys .
Old 13th July 2010, 21:35   #1234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
it was raining cat and dogs this evening in Electronic City and i was riding my bike. lo comes a BMW 320D (KA 35 M 7069)! it was the owner (not driver) driving the car and it was quite visible. he was driving like a auto driver - the one who got a lottery and bought a BMW! the idiot was trying to squeeze the beamer into every space possible (even if it didn't fit in)!

at the section where the road below joins the road coming from BETL, there were two men standing at that spot. our guy, trying to overtake the Swaraj Mazda in front in a hurry, almost ran those two people!!!

forgot to mention - this beamer had a big dent on the left side of its rear fender!
Old 15th July 2010, 13:30   #1235
BHPian

What about drivers who forget to switch-off the indicator after turning?

Y'day a Tempo Traveller had it's indicator on for more than 2 kms - from Banaswadi main road till NGEF signal. All my honking and flashing failed to earn his attention.
Old 15th July 2010, 14:08   #1236
Senior - BHPian

As a rule ,i usually stay away from brand new cars.Not sure if we can brand them as "bad" drivers ,but new drivers ( i also was that way ) are scary and unpredicatble.
Old 15th July 2010, 14:24   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

That reminded me of a funny scene from the movie "Shoot 'em up" .
Clive Owen : "Do you know the difference between a luxury car and a porcupine? "
Monica Bellucci : "Beats me".
Clive Owen : "With a Porcupine, the pricks are on the outside. "

Disclaimer : Only talking about the guy described in this incident, so people riding luxury cars responsibly, please don't take offence .
Old 17th July 2010, 19:32   #1238
Team-BHP Support

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-140720101584.jpg

I managed to snap this Getz with it's ORVMs closed near Cantonment Railway Station last week. This is one out of 8 other cars I'd noticed on the same day. Even today, There were umpteen 800s with closed ORVMs and even a Punto!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-150720101585.jpg

This blue Santro was being driven very badly when I chanced upon it in Frazer Town the previous afternoon. On closer inspection, I noticed that the whole right side was smashed right from the front fender to the rear tail-lights (which can be seen in the photograph). His ORVMs were closed as well. And 2 minutes after this picture was taken, he knocked down a scooter and sped away. Thankfully, it was at crawling speeds and there were no injuries.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-160720101586.jpg

I was driving back home the other day (sometime this week) and I noticed this lady on her scooter with her child who seemed to be clinging on for dear life!

I happened to go her way for about a kilometer and for that whole stretch, and I'm not joking, she had her feet grazing the road below while she was doing 30-40 km/h! Had I taken the picture 5 minutes earlier, you would've seen both her feet hovering over the road! She seemed to be so unsteady that even a slight draft would've blown her into Ulsoor Lake! She just couldn't handle the scooter. And judging by the uniform worn by her child, she's been riding like this from Residency Road to Ulsoor lake!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-170720101588.jpg

Caught this sneaky Wagon-R and his side-kick stop way after the Zebra-Crossing this evening.

The signal was green and the traffic seemed to be flowing and when it turned red, I thought the driver of the Wagon-R was caught by surprise and made an honest mistake by going too far ahead. Since I was right behind him, I stopped much before the Zebra-Crossing so as to allow him to reverse and get behind the line.

And then I forgot that I was in Bangalore!

EDIT: P.S. I clicked the picture just when the lights had turned green.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 17th July 2010 at 19:35.
Old 17th July 2010, 21:14   #1239
Senior - BHPian

The ORVMs are folded most of the time in the cities because of the danger of being hit by a bike or an auto.

Conversation is not such a dangerous thing to do while driving....eyes on the road while talking would do. Driving is not such a dangerous thing to do in cities.
Old 17th July 2010, 21:19   #1240
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The ORVMs are folded most of the time in the cities because of the danger of being hit by a bike or an auto.
That is a reason, not an excuse, and not a good reason either. Why not just drive with eyes closed!
Old 17th July 2010, 21:46   #1241
Senior - BHPian

While it is essential to use common sense while driving, textbook driving or too much emphasis on what to do and what not to do does no good.
Old 17th July 2010, 22:00   #1242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
While it is essential to use common sense
Right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
what to do and what not to do
Isn't that common sense?
Old 17th July 2010, 23:25   #1243
Distinguished - BHPian

Yep. After all, if people are not going to use those mirrors, they might just as well get broken off!
Old 18th July 2010, 10:27   #1244
BHPian

@ Mr Suhaas,

I read with interest your photos. Some of the photos have been taken in the middle of the road - if you have taken the same while driving - that is not a good way of driving.

Take care. Drive fast. Drive safe.
Old 18th July 2010, 10:51   #1245
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Right.

Isn't that common sense?
Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururaj r View Post
@ Mr Suhaas,

I read with interest your photos. Some of the photos have been taken in the middle of the road - if you have taken the same while driving - that is not a good way of driving.

Take care. Drive fast. Drive safe.
I have taken these photos while I was driving. However, most of them were taken while at a standstill, except for the 3rd photograph. I try and be as cautious as possible while taking photographs and driving.

EDIT: Do notice that in the last picture, I had taken to photo just when the lights had turned green for us. Look closely and you'll see that I've managed to catch two cars (an 800 and another Wagon-R) jumping their red-light! That one picture speaks volumes!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 18th July 2010 at 10:56.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks