Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2010, 12:43   #946
Senior - BHPian

bad enough?

i've deliberately not masked this guy's number plate. if you spot this guy on the road, keep away. not only does he drive on the wrong side, he talks on his cellphone and impedes the traffic behind him (and doesn't give a rat's behind if anybody is honking for him to move)!

PS: that's the N.A.L junction on the Old Airport road.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imag0148.jpg  

Old 29th March 2010, 12:49   #947
Senior - BHPian

^^ Good job mate. I really wanted to snap that silver Verna with number plates, but I had my wifey with me and didn't want any trouble there.
Old 29th March 2010, 13:11   #948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
bad enough?

i've deliberately not masked this guy's number plate. if you spot this guy on the road, keep away. not only does he drive on the wrong side, he talks on his cellphone and impedes the traffic behind him (and doesn't give a rat's behind if anybody is honking for him to move)!

PS: that's the N.A.L junction on the Old Airport road.
I encounter these guys on my way back to home, at the same junction. They will be waiting for signal at the wrong side of the road. There will be hardly any space left and this will cause a jam on the main road at the signal.

I vent my frustration by turning on high beam. I hate doing this, but at those moments, I wish I had real powerful lights; like those flood lights at stadiums.
Old 29th March 2010, 13:30   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
I vent my frustration by turning on high beam. I hate doing this, but at those moments, I wish I had real powerful lights; like those flood lights at stadiums.
+1 to that - I never like driving on the high-beam, but moronic behaviour like this does make you feel like diverting all the engine power to the headlight and give one mighty flash
Old 29th March 2010, 14:38   #950
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkp View Post
3. Modified high-end luxury cars - More often, these are driven by the teenage sons / daughters of effluent businessmen.
I love a good typo. This one seems particularly appropriate.

Thanks, bbkp!

Old 29th March 2010, 15:46   #951
Senior - BHPian

had gone to Mantri mall in Malleshwaram yesterday on wifey's insistance, just to have a look. was quite surprised to see the Camero there (had read it in the papers and heard it on the radio, but had forgotten). on our way back (read trying to get out of the mall), we were stuck in the parking lot for more than an hour! we utilized the time well - we were in lower basement (-2) and my wife went all the way to 1st floor and got snacks, which we finished before we even could move! yep, there was a big traffic jam inside and outside the mall.

well, the problem was many-fold:
- Sampige road is a one way and more often than not, there is a traffic jam.
- the Mantri mall has a parking capacity for about 2000 cars (not sure). imagine just 1/4 or 1/2 or them cars trying to get out at the same time!
- weekend bring more crowd into the mall.
- there is only ONE exit for that mall!
- bad drivers!

cutting lanes, honking (like that's gonna make the jam go away), unnecessarily revving the engine (thereby causing fumes to pollute the basement which is already short on air supply), screaming and yelling at others! gosh, it was a nightmare!

attaching few pictures here (scroll down)
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imag0144.jpg  

Old 12th April 2010, 15:39   #952
BHPian

Hey Bhpians,

I am not sure if these have been covered already. Its worth another mention in any case i guess.

Certain driving habits/styles that I cant seem to tolerate:-
  • Driving with the ORVM's closed. (even the one on driver side)
  • Not maintaining a safe distance from your vehicle (and ultimately bumping into you)
  • Pointlessly leaning on to the horn.
  • Having absolutely no idea about the functionality of the indicators.
  • Excessive lane changing
  • Texting while driving, as if talking on the phone wasnt bad enough.
The list goes on but these, I think are the most annoying.
Old 12th April 2010, 17:46   #953
BHPian

Well, i also consider the ones who are so desperate to overtake you as the bad drivers. They just stick to your back so closely that out of fear for your life or your vehicle, you tend to get choked, or for few ego takes control and end up doing something stupid for yourself i.e either blocking his way purposefully or continue driving without bothering about such drivers.But i always consider such people to be in some emergency and i give way for them, also to avoid bad moods.

However, inspite of being fully aware of such maniacs and trying to avoid them, i recently had to face a different kind of maniac. I was driving my bike near a empty Raj bhavan road just near the spot where they have dugged a pit, trying to avoid it i just manevoured towards left after making sure therez no one behind or sidewards, all of a sudden this pulsar guy who had a female pillon rider just wizzed past me almost pushing me to drive in that pit. that guy went on scolding me. Later near the Hotel chalukya signal, there was a red signal and i happened to stop next to him. He was staring at me. I did a stupid thing by looking at him back again. The gal and that guy were talking something and when the signal turned green i had to take right towards old high grounds police station and also was this guy. Now this time he came so close to my bike while taking turn that i had to give way for him with fear and ended up getting hit by a santro on my left. And i lost control over my bike and fell down in the middle of the road. though nothing happened to me as i was in some 20-30km/hr. I just saw that gal looking back and laughing while asking her guy to take a look at my position.
what i did next was.. i shouldnt tell.
Old 12th April 2010, 19:42   #954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post
what i did next was.. i shouldnt tell.
Well, I would like to hear what you did. There are many such mortals with underdeveloped neural system which gets all the more pumped up with adrenaline and a bottom that gets really hot when there's a member of the fairer sex in close proximity.

Yesterday I saw a guy on a Pulsar covered with stickers all over, and three guys sitting on it. As you can guess, it was driven utter rash. No heed for signals, senseless honking of the air-horn (which sounded like a dog barking), no helmet... list is endless.

I witnessed a deadly combination too:
Car: Suzuki SX4 (Quite powerful, I suppose)
Driver: An educated lady (educated, because she had the id-tag of a well-known IT major)
Why deadly: She had the mobile phone between her head and left shoulder, left hand i guess was inside her bag that was kept on the passenger seat, right hand was on the wheel (fortunately), a few strands of hair covering her right eye (not sure about the other side), and the car was in the "middle" of the road, diagonally positioned.

I was inside a crowded MTC bus, so couldn't take out the cam and snap a pic
Old 12th April 2010, 21:08   #955
BHPian

[quote=silversteed;1834519]Well, I would like to hear what you did. There are many such mortals with underdeveloped neural system which gets all the more pumped up with adrenaline and a bottom that gets really hot when there's a member of the fairer sex in close proximity.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, after i fell down, i managed to note down his number as he had to slow down few yards away for a bump and i quite guessed where he might be heading to..i.e a film theater few kms(approx 5-6 kms) from the signal. As there was continous honking from the motorists, i picked up my bike and came sidewards, called up police control room and informed them by the incident and gave them the number. I appreciated that lady`s response to take action immediately by informing the cops nearby via wireless and also said that she would get the master traffic control supervisor to call me and update the status.
I was also shocked to see that there wasnt any cops at this traffic junction. The santro guy also parked and inspected his car, luckily only a minor scratch on his bumper. managed to convince him and calm him down.
Later i thought that nothing would have happened with that pulsar guy as he might have escaped or the control room wouldnt have taken any action at all and started to drive home. just a few mins later i got a call from PCR that a similar bike has been caught near the theater and if possible can approach a circle inspector over there to find out and update the SI. I reached there and i was happy to see that guy pleading in hindi to the SI. I informed that this guy was driving rashly and it was me who complained. It was enough for the SI to make matters worse for this guy. he was charged a fine of Rs-400/- for rash driving and insurance lapse. This guy was even arguing with me initially, but the SI threatend him of cancelling his DL if he doesnt accept his fault and pay the fine. I could see that these punks were cursing me, but i had my laugh.

I have a trust on cops as i generally dont think that all of them are corrupt or lazy. I have seen few cops helping out citizens with whatever resource they have. So, i would suggest everyone who happens to be in similar situations to call up police instead of taking matters at your own. Even if there are no action taken, atleast you would have done something wise. One more thing, now-a-days cops are very serious about drunken driving, rash and reckless driving and over speeding. they have zero tolerance towards these punks.
Old 12th April 2010, 22:17   #956
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudhindra View Post
just a few mins later i got a call from PCR that a similar bike has been caught near the theater and if possible can approach a circle inspector over there to find out and update the SI. I reached there and i was happy to see that guy pleading in hindi to the SI. I informed that this guy was driving rashly and it was me who complained.
This is the most positive news I have heard of Bangalore traffic police of late.
Old 13th April 2010, 09:50   #957
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
. No heed for signals, senseless honking of the air-horn (which sounded like a dog barking), no helmet... list is endless.

I
I don't understand why these type of horns are not banned or the riders caught by the cops? And these guys just 'play' these horns mindlessly, even on empty roads.

On the lighter side, there is one street dog fella has his home on the platform in front of my house. He blissfully sleeps on the platform, regardless of all the honking that happens around him, but one thing he just couldn't tolerate even when he is deep asleep is, this kind of barkhorn on bikes. whenever one bike passes him with this barkhorn, he immediately bolts up and chases that biker with violent barking message. "Even dogs find such horns hostile.
Old 13th April 2010, 10:28   #958
BHPian

^^ that was hilarious. Anyways, since i trust and admire our city cops here, i will enlighten about one such cop here. Hope some members here would have read about him. His name is babu N, circle inspector of Kumarswamy layout limits.
He doesnt tolerate such punks with wierd horns, whats more even the ones with modified silencers as he thinks they create nuisance around his area for the elderly, women and children. So, he nabs those bikes, get them removed and handover the bike to these punks with a strict warning. Later he hangs these silencers and stuff infront of his station for reminding everyone about his actions.

He keeps a tab on local mechs who does such modification works.

, most of the bikes he targets is RX.
Old 13th April 2010, 11:13   #959
Senior - BHPian

[quote=Sudhindra;1834694]
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Well, I would like to hear what you did. There are many such mortals with underdeveloped neural system which gets all the more pumped up with adrenaline and a bottom that gets really hot when there's a member of the fairer sex in close proximity.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, after i fell down, i managed to note down his number as he had to slow down few yards away for a bump and i quite guessed where he might be heading to..i.e a film theater few kms(approx 5-6 kms) from the signal. As there was continous honking from the motorists, i picked up my bike and came sidewards, called up police control room and informed them by the incident and gave them the number. I appreciated that lady`s response to take action immediately by informing the cops nearby via wireless and also said that she would get the master traffic control supervisor to call me and update the status.
I was also shocked to see that there wasnt any cops at this traffic junction. The santro guy also parked and inspected his car, luckily only a minor scratch on his bumper. managed to convince him and calm him down.
Later i thought that nothing would have happened with that pulsar guy as he might have escaped or the control room wouldnt have taken any action at all and started to drive home. just a few mins later i got a call from PCR that a similar bike has been caught near the theater and if possible can approach a circle inspector over there to find out and update the SI. I reached there and i was happy to see that guy pleading in hindi to the SI. I informed that this guy was driving rashly and it was me who complained. It was enough for the SI to make matters worse for this guy. he was charged a fine of Rs-400/- for rash driving and insurance lapse. This guy was even arguing with me initially, but the SI threatend him of cancelling his DL if he doesnt accept his fault and pay the fine. I could see that these punks were cursing me, but i had my laugh.

I have a trust on cops as i generally dont think that all of them are corrupt or lazy. I have seen few cops helping out citizens with whatever resource they have. So, i would suggest everyone who happens to be in similar situations to call up police instead of taking matters at your own. Even if there are no action taken, atleast you would have done something wise. One more thing, now-a-days cops are very serious about drunken driving, rash and reckless driving and over speeding. they have zero tolerance towards these punks.
I take it as a rule of thum that when you see a gentleman with a lady on a bike (the dating types), stick as far as possible. As they say, when in love, you've not eyes or ears, so such people have no brains either.
Old 28th April 2010, 19:58   #960
BHPian

The kind of music I like to listen while driving, well, it depends on my mood, time and the road. In the city, I prefer Hindi pop or latest Kannada songs. Night times, I like English pop music, which may even keep me awake! When I’m sad, for some reason, I listen to Bee- gees. On a highway, I seem to enjoy songs from Paul Young, foot loose or even flash dance. When I’m angry, I like songs like ‘brick on the wall’ or ‘don’t worry be happy’. When my wife is with me, I love songs from George Michael or Kenny-GIn my car, I have music for all occasions

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks