Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 13:11   #1081
Team-BHP Support

So were you driving parallel to the slow moving indica, effectively blocking the entire road, or were you overtaking the slow moving indica.
If you were overtaking, then the corolla guy is at fault.
If you were parallel to the indica, then its your and indica guys fault for blocking the road. In that case we have 2 bad drivers here and corolla is not one of them.
Old 25th May 2010, 13:48   #1082
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
So were you driving parallel to the slow moving indica, effectively blocking the entire road, or were you overtaking the slow moving indica.
If you were parallel to the indica, then its your and indica guys fault for blocking the road. In that case we have 2 bad drivers here and corolla is not one of them.
i was travelling at around 70-75kmph and was overtaking the IndiCab when this happened. since i know the bigger vehicles rip on this stretch, i keep an eye on the RVM and i did see this Corolla at a distance (all the more reason for the overtaking), around 400mts behind on the right lane. however, i did not expect the Corolla to to cover that distance so fast - he should have been travelling above 100kmph to do so and the speed limit on the BETL is 80kmph.

i don't understand your argument about me being at fault if i were travelling parallel to the IndiCab. even if i were travelling parallel to the IndiCab and the Corolla wanted to overtake, he needs to signal for the same first (in this case - sound the horn) instead of trying to squeeze through without warning - thereby putting my life at risk!

like i said in my earlier post, if the Corolla had honked (or at least i knew he was right on my a$$) i would have decelerated to let him pass. also, when the Corolla executed this daring maneuver he was in between lanes, which itself is a sign of a bad driver. hence, tsk1979, your argument does not hold water.

as you rightly said there were two bad drivers - but i wasn't one of them!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 25th May 2010 at 13:56.
Old 25th May 2010, 13:51   #1083
Team-BHP Support

Well I did not say you were at fault. I mere asked what you were doing. Since you were overtaking the indica, then the indica is bad driver for hogging fast lane, and the corolla driver is even a bigger bad driver for driving like this.
So yes there were 2 bad drivers and you were not one of them.
Even if corolla had honked, you should not have given way till you had completed your overtaking. Only after overtaking, corolla should have passed you.
Old 25th May 2010, 13:54   #1084
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
if this guy had honked, i would have slowed down to let him pass.
As I understand it, Ironh4wk is driving on the left side, which is fine, however slowly he is driving. If the Indica is driving alongside him to his right, then he should not be: he should overtake or not, but not block the way. I can't see how any blame can be attached to Ironh4wk --- and I'm quick enough to blame bikers!

We have all been frustrated by several vehicles blocking the lanes ahead of us --- but the answer is to flash and honk from a reasonable distance (not to tailgate). It is not right to force through in the middle.

<EDIT: crossposted with last two posts, so not very relevant!>

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 25th May 2010 at 13:56.
Old 25th May 2010, 13:58   #1085
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Irrespective of whether IronHawk was riding parallel to the Indicab or overtaking it, the Corolla was speeding, reckless, rash and pulled off a stunt that is purely not acceptable!

IMO, even if the Corolla guy wanted to overtake, he should have warned him at least a few seconds in advance before trying to overtake.

Blocking the road is one thing. Trying to get past someone who's partially blocking the road without warning is even worse.

Now Ironhawk, I'm assuming, was trying to overtake the cab and wasn't intentionally blocking the road by overtaking the Indicab.

EDIT: I should wait before posting! Sorry tsk1979!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 25th May 2010 at 14:01.
Old 25th May 2010, 14:07   #1086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I am surprised that you didn't chase after this guy. Perhaps you were just glad to be alive.
there was a time where i would have chased the car, stopped it and beat the crap outta the guy. now i'm married, just bought a luxury flat and who knows, this guy might be my future manager. hence, i'd like to keep my options open

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
EDIT: I should wait before posting!
hehe.. happens to me too sometimes!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 25th May 2010 at 14:09.
Old 25th May 2010, 14:59   #1087
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
this guy might be my future manager. hence, i'd like to keep my options open
Ahhh, yes... drawing pin left, point upwards, on his seat, for instance!
Old 25th May 2010, 15:40   #1088
BANNED

People who rush into lifts, jump queues in at various places, etc. are mostly very bad drivers when behind a wheel.
Old 25th May 2010, 15:58   #1089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Ahhh, yes... drawing pin left, point upwards, on his seat, for instance!
hehe.. looks like you've experience in this sort of things

btw, would you believe my luck!!! the same thing happened to me on my way back from office and this time i was at 60kmph and a Omni was overtaking me. while the Omni was overtaking me (he wasn't putting an effort into it) a WagonR and a Mondeo zipped through in between us!

looks like i'm a idiot magnet!
Old 25th May 2010, 16:08   #1090
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
hehe.. looks like you've experience in this sort of things

btw, would you believe my luck!!! the same thing happened to me on my way back from office and this time i was at 60kmph and a Omni was overtaking me. while the Omni was overtaking me (he wasn't putting an effort into it) a WagonR and a Mondeo zipped through in between us!

looks like i'm a idiot magnet!
Iron,

I suggest you get back to driving. I know that traffic is a nightmare and 2 wheels will get you to where you want to much quicker, but a car will get you there at least! It's scary!
Old 25th May 2010, 16:13   #1091
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
People who rush into lifts, jump queues in at various places, etc. are mostly very bad drivers when behind a wheel.
You are right. I observed the same behavior among some of my colleagues. They generally tend to treat all other "law-abiding" people as "low end creatures" or some "bunch of fools".

"I have arrived, give way to the me". "I don't care any queues or rules, Give me attention, I am the most important person here!". And when cornered they will respond, "was that a queue for this? I didn't notice!" They all seem to move with some "blinkers" on their eyes!
Old 25th May 2010, 17:35   #1092
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
... 2 wheels will get you to where you want to much quicker, but a car will get you there at least! It's scary!
Yes, cars are safer than bikes, worldwide statistics prove that, but I really feel that we overestimate the protection of that thin steel sheet. It makes us feel invincible; pictures in this thread show that that is not the case at all.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 25th May 2010 at 17:36. Reason: quote tag broken
Old 25th May 2010, 21:15   #1093
Senior - BHPian

fellow BHPians, i bring you gifts

fellow BHPians, i bring you gifts. (don't kid yourself. its them pictures again )

some people like to enjoy the shade, even if it means stopping way short of the stop line. take note of the i10 on the left.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_4751.jpg

we can't leave the phone alone , now can we?
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_4752.jpg

lets prove the manufacturers wrong, eh? more than two can travel at a time on a two-wheeler!
Name:  _MG_4755.JPG
Views: 549
Size:  165.1 KB
Old 25th May 2010, 21:30   #1094
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
fellow BHPians, i bring you gifts. (don't kid yourself. its them pictures again )

some people like to enjoy the shade, even if it means stopping way short of the stop line. take note of the i10 on the left.
Hey man i do that too sometimes! It makes the AC way more effective. Nothing wrong with it as long as you are not crossing the stop line, right?

Rest of the examples are apt though.
Old 25th May 2010, 21:34   #1095
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Hey man i do that too sometimes! It makes the AC way more effective. Nothing wrong with it as long as you are not crossing the stop line, right?.
umm.. i was referring to the couple on the bike.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks