Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2010, 13:49   #1171
BHPian

Bad drivers can't be spotted - not all of them anyway! You avoid one, two maybe three but there's still gonna be a few around who will get you! Those sneaky XXXXXXXX just come out of nowhere, cause ridiculous damage and say sorry. Then you are left with the option of acting in a civil manner or beating down on them in a fit of rage! For some reason, I just can't hit anyone at this point in my life. So a few profanities and good bye.
Old 19th June 2010, 18:58   #1172
Senior - BHPian

this b**tard almost killed us!

if you guys (Bangaloreans) spot him on the road, stay clear of him! this guy almost killed us just an hour back with his rash driving!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc04630.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc04631.jpg

we had been to BurgerMan in Cambridge Layout and were returning via the Sai Baba temple road. i was in the middle of the road, overtaking another biker on the left when suddenly this guy without any warning overtakes me from the right and cuts across to the middle grazing the front mudguard of my bike!! had i not swerved to the left the bike would have fallen on impact with his car, taking both my wife and me along with it!

since the there was traffic i give short chase and confront him and his explanation is that i was driving at 10kmph (actually was at 40kmph) and didn't give him way ! instead of accepting his rash driving he kept defending his stand and that he didn't do anything wrong! he even had the cheek to tell us to get moving and not cause a traffic jam!

people behind saw this, but instead of backing us they were asking us to leave it alone and move along (and honking as usual)! that's our Indian mentality right there - simbly adjust madi!

PS: he got all worked up when my wife called him an a$$hole
Old 20th June 2010, 07:13   #1173
BHPian

At Mumbai, every time I travel via Vashi bridge, I see some sort of accident involving two or a series of vehicles.

Yesterday saw a taxi (black and yellow) Premier padmini and an Indica involved in an accident. The RHS above front wheel was ripped apart, but the taxi - real wheel total axle was broken and wheel came apart.

I do not know how this could have happened - may be axle broke first and hit Indica on the next lane.

Police authorities and drivers themselves can do something in this bridge to avoid so many accidents. A bad patch to drive - one has to be extra careful.

Drive fast - Drive safe.
Old 20th June 2010, 10:08   #1174
Team-BHP Support

Last week, I saw something not uncommon in Bangalore. At Anil Kumble Circle (Hard Rock Cafe side) we were waiting for the lights to turn green. There wasn't much traffic and although the roads were relatively empty, the cars on our side stayed put. And then the lights turned green.

We just started moving and blazing down MG Road from Kasturba Road was this Traffic Constable on his white Pulsar. He jumped the signal and nearly got hit by a car that was following the rules just like the rest of us. And what ticked us off even more is that he gave us 'the look' for something he did!
Old 22nd June 2010, 22:52   #1175
BHPian

this guy was overtaking from left right and center, (its a figo)
and the guy had only the driver's side ovrm open, may be he doesn't want to see whats happening on the other side of the world !! twice he came in front of me, while I was driving on the left hand side, ofcourse his left ovrm was close !!!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bd.jpg
Old 25th June 2010, 19:18   #1176
Senior - BHPian

A good driver

Was on my way home yesterday, when I decided to board a share auto due to my exhaustion. I was expecting some utter rash driving. But lo, to my surprise, this guy was super-neat. Though he looked (appearance) rogue-ish, he was a gem of a driver:
-> Until being confronted with a lady weaving across the road, he didn't honk.
-> Maintained lane discipline
-> Was using his indicators whenever he had to move to the outer lane to pickup/drop pax and then back into the inner lane
-> Didn't jump signals. There are three signals on the way, and as luck would have it, we had to wait for Green at all three. I was amazed that he didn't give in to the persistent honking by some of his peer and those morons on two-wheelers.
-> Ride was comfortable by APE 3-wheeler standards. Most of the APE share autos give you a feeling that it's going for a wheelie when it starts from a stop.

I wanted to tell him that I liked his driving, but had to give up that idea because there were a few fellow pax queuing up behind me to pay the fare when i got down. In the process I forgot to note down his reg number so that i can try to spot him another day.
Old 25th June 2010, 19:23   #1177
BHPian

Auto driver using his indicators? That must be a first .
Old 25th June 2010, 19:41   #1178
Distinguished - BHPian

Bad drivers...

Are on the wrong side of the road.

Approaching Madyar Kailash, from the flyover towards Adyar, a cyclist also heading towards Adyar, casually sauntering alongside the median on the right-hand side of the road! There is not even a high median on this stretch of the road: he had nothing to gain but danger.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 25th June 2010 at 19:42.
Old 25th June 2010, 20:08   #1179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
not really. i've encountered two such auto drivers in Bangalore - a first in the last 12yrs that i've been here
Old 25th June 2010, 20:31   #1180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Not really. You should've said using the indicators PROPERLY, and I might agree.

The APE Share auto guys use indicators aplenty - milliseconds before they veer left to pickup/drop passengers. And some leave it on even when they switch to the inner lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Bad drivers...

Are on the wrong side of the road.

Approaching Madyar Kailash, from the flyover towards Adyar, a cyclist also heading towards Adyar, casually sauntering alongside the median on the right-hand side of the road! There is not even a high median on this stretch of the road: he had nothing to gain but danger.
Add to it, jaywalkers. You can find plenty of them doing similar antics on the OMR during office time.
OT: It's Madhya Kailash and not Madyar Kailash

Here's a biker on a TVS moped:
1. Wrong side
2. No helmet
3. Talking on a mobile phone
The lady walking in front of me had a narrow escape. Though it appears that he's stationary with his right leg planted on the road, he was doing some 25-30kmph.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-03052010105.jpg  

Old 25th June 2010, 20:54   #1181
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
OT: It's Madhya Kailash and not Madyar Kailash
Had a feeling I'd missed an "h" and generally messed it up! --- thanks!

Walkers.... well, do they qualify in the bad driver thread? I have a lot of sympathy for pedestrians (and we are all pedestrians for some part of our days) but none when they do stuff like walking in the road by the side of a perfectly good pavement. Especially when they do so side by side
Old 25th June 2010, 21:14   #1182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
... Especially when they do so side by side
No, that is not the worst - side by side, holding hands, is what takes the cake!
Two gents walking side by side, off the footpath, on the roadside, oblivious to the very real danger to the very life of the outboard gent, hehe!!
Old 25th June 2010, 21:48   #1183
BHPian

Pedestrians crossing the roads while talking on the mobile are a big menace these days. They are like zombies and don't even realise what they are doing. Many times they just enter onto the road suddenly without taking a look at what is coming at you, while talking on the phone and you have to brake suddenly or veer to one side to avoid them. The really frustrating thing is that they don't even realise we just saved their lives, they just continue walking and talking on their phone without even realising what happened :( .
Old 29th June 2010, 18:34   #1184
Senior - BHPian

This morning 9 am. New Avadi Road signal towards Pachiappa college. All kinds of vehicles flowing towards the same direction and heard a screech right behind me and this Swift Dezire.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img00612.jpg
I thought must he have been caught unawares. Again heard another screech. The same guy. And another. The guy was having fun hard braking and making screech noise. Also the car was heavily rocking every time he braked, even at 10 kmph.
I stopped the car, turned back and signed him "whats your problem"? He overtook me perilously and went in front, in absolute insanity. See he is riding right in the middle of the road. He squeezed between a bus and a school van too dangerously.
See where he is stopping at Pachiappa signal. Right in front of him is the median.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img00611.jpg
At Pachiappa signal, he got stuck right in the middle and ended up right behind me from there on. I taught him a few lessons of driving, by not letting him overtake me. He followed me all along up to Harrington road.
I found that he had a girl of age around 10, in front seat to be dropped at the American College School on Harrington road. Both were not wearing seat belt. And all the Rock and Roll, the girl also seemed to be enjoying.
He noticed me clicking him and he asked the girl to click my car too when they were behind me.
Beware of this Hero in North Chennai.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 29th June 2010 at 18:35.
Old 30th June 2010, 13:21   #1185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
He noticed me clicking him and he asked the girl to click my car too when they were behind me.
Beware of this Hero in North Chennai.
You better beware... he will post your pictures in this thread itself, as he got your pictures on his mobile (his rationale - firstly, you did not let him overtake & were driving rashly to avoid letting him overtake; & secondly, you took pictures while driving).

Just kidding... no offences meant.

In one of the pictures there is a bike driver riding well in opposite lane with traffic in that lane fast approaching, & the bike driver (& the one coming from the opposite) not wearing helmets. And, then there is a pedestrian actually waiting in the middle of a busy road to cross road.

Your pictures are actually images of Zoo with these stupid species running riot.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 30th June 2010 at 13:24.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks