Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2010, 12:21   #1381
Senior - BHPian

True Niranjan. I normally dont even make eye contact. But this guy was somewhat adamant.
Anyway, just another day on the road.
Old 26th October 2010, 12:29   #1382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
amitoj, never stop mate. These fools are not worth it. They drive like madmen and well, you really can't reason with madmen so don't bother stopping. I used to earlier but then I figured there is no point to it except running the risk of getting physical. Right now, if someone wants to tailgate me, I let them be my guest.
+1 to that! paaji, don't unnecessarily put yourself in danger - you might get infected by their stupidity!

on a serious note, don't stop - these moronic beings, a mutation from the Homo Sapiens species, are dime a dozen and certainly not worth your time or energy.

BUT, just to be safe, always carry a hockey stick (or cricket bat) in the car! i do!

btw, you took the picture before or after the altercation?
Old 26th October 2010, 12:34   #1383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
+1 to that! paaji, don't unnecessarily put yourself in danger - you might get infected by their stupidity!

on a serious note, don't stop - these moronic beings, a mutation from the Homo Sapiens species, are dime a dozen and certainly not worth your time or energy.
Got reminded of this: Never argue with fools. They pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 26th October 2010, 12:34   #1384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

BUT, just to be safe, always carry a hockey stick (or cricket bat) in the car! i do!

btw, you took the picture before or after the altercation?
I have thought of keeping an extra spanner but then gave up that idea, since the temptation to use it might become too hard to resist and it may do more harm than good in the long run.

Taking the picture was my closing argument.
Old 26th October 2010, 12:37   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I have thought of keeping an extra spanner but then gave up that idea, since the temptation to use it might become too hard to resist and it may do more harm than good in the long run.

Taking the picture was my closing argument.
Pepper spray people! Don't bother with a hockey stick/bat/spanner and the likes. They never work and if they do, you are usually in bigger trouble.

Amitoj, I am surprised that was a closing argument pic - to me it looked like he was just coming out of his car towards you. (Look at his expression )
Old 26th October 2010, 12:41   #1386
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmmm... you guys who choose to carry weapons in your cars make two dangerous assumptions: one is that the other guy doesn't, and two is that the other guy is not going to be a stronger and better fighter than you are.

Anyway: spotting the bad driver... By the way they park!

Stopped outside a shop in Adyar last week, I came back to find a bike barked across the front of the car with a three or four inch gap. I don't know how there was even room for the guy's leg! Complete and absolute ignorance and disregard for everyone and everything. I bet he drives that way too.
Old 26th October 2010, 12:52   #1387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Stopped outside a shop in Adyar last week, I came back to find a bike barked across the front of the car with a three or four inch gap. I don't know how there was even room for the guy's leg! Complete and absolute ignorance and disregard for everyone and everything. I bet he drives that way too.
Count yourself lucky that you didn't get a scratch on the bumper. It's quite common for them to squeeze into non-existent gaps.

Talking about bikers, last night at around 7, while returning home from office, I saw a total idiot attempting wheelies on the OMR in between thick traffic. He had another moron riding pillion too. Needless to say, no helmet, ear phones on (most probably the di*k-chick di*k-chick kind of music), had dark sun glasses, and some wild stickers on his pulsar.
Old 26th October 2010, 13:25   #1388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's quite common for them to squeeze into non-existent gaps.
I forgot to mention that there was plenty of parking space available: that was what made it really stupid!

Here's another one: the guys that stop exactly outside a shop door, even though that means double parking and blocking the traffic, while the family gets in or out --- when they could pull in just a few yards further on. Probably often the arrogance and ignorance of those who employ a driver

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 26th October 2010 at 13:27.
Old 26th October 2010, 13:48   #1389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Hmmm... you guys who choose to carry weapons in your cars make two dangerous assumptions: one is that the other guy doesn't, and two is that the other guy is not going to be a stronger and better fighter than you are.
oi! who says we're carrying weapons!? the hockey stick is used as a deterrent! it is placed in plain view - behind the rear seat - for all to see and admire the consequences of coming into contact with it (from the wrong end)!
Old 26th October 2010, 15:36   #1390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Last Sunday I was visitng Big Bazaar in Thane and while returning back to move towards G.B Road, I had to wait for the cops to give a go ahead signal since there is no signal at that junction. There was barely any space between my car and the end of the road but still a rickshaw was trying to squeeze in the space and in the process gave a scratch on my Fiesta. Got out of the car and pulled the rick guy out literally to show him the damage. Asked him to measure his rick and the space dimensions where he was trying to get in. Gave him a good earful, all this happening right under the traffic cops nose. Later the cops came and acted as if noting down the auto's no and god only knows what action must have been taken. I'm sure some palms must have been greased.
A scratch just before the Birthday
I can understand your frustration.
Old 26th October 2010, 15:42   #1391
BHPian

amitoj - even if you had slapped him, it would have made no difference - but you did the ultimate damage - by showing his photograph along with his car number to the whole world. This is far more damaging than any physical harm. Who needs hockey bat and long handed spanners when you are armed with a camera ? Thad E Ginathom @
Quote:
Probably often the arrogance and ignorance of those who employ a driver
Probably the owners are cripples who can't walk. It is the same malady everywhere - from Pazhamudir cholai to places of worship. People can't walk even 10 paces. They had to be dropped right at the entrance.

Last edited by Prowler : 26th October 2010 at 15:48.
Old 26th October 2010, 15:54   #1392
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
Amitoj, I am surprised that was a closing argument pic - to me it looked like he was just coming out of his car towards you. (Look at his expression )
He thought i was going away when i got into my car to get the phone. When he saw me stepping out again, he probably assumed i am coming back for a re-match!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
amitoj - even if you had slapped him, it would have made no difference - but you did the ultimate damage - by showing his photograph along with his car number to the whole world. This is far more damaging than any physical harm. Who needs hockey bat and long handed spanners when you are armed with a camera ?
Keyboard is stronger than the hockey stick?
Anyway, i thought he was the right candidate for this thread.
Old 26th October 2010, 16:00   #1393
Distinguished - BHPian

Last night on the way home, I was stuck behind two lorries chugging along in parallel along the Mumbai bypass, a common enough occurence. The normal course of action is to pray that one of them runsof out steam and then follow and eventually overtake the other. But this gentleman behind me in an SUV seemed to think that putting his headlights on high-beam and honkingly repeatedlt (at me) would bring faster results. After about 15 seconds of this, I had enough and moved over so he could overtake. But to my horror, he follows me into the slow lane and keeps at it. My eyes were watering from the high beams reflecting in my RVM and after he passed, I was momentarily blinded and had to stop by the road to get full night vision back.
The culprit was a white Tata Safari driven by an elderly white-haired gentleman. I wonder how much time he saved through his little stunt.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2010, 21:05   #1394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Keyboard is stronger than the hockey stick?
now you're exaggerating! you didn't click that picture with a keyboard, now did ya!!

my encounters of the moronic mutations today:

1. after Kasturinager i had a gray Accent in front of me which was neither giving way nor moving with the traffic. i decided to overtake him and looks like the driver (an man in his 50's) seem to have taken it as an offence and tried to race me and wasn't giving way when i was by his side trying to overtake. i power shifted and overtook him. 5mins later he flies over a speedbreaker just to overtake me! the picture was taken just after he went over the speed breaker.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_6324.jpg

eventually, i ended up ahead of him before the NFEG bypass!

2. just when i thought it was over with the Accent guy, there comes a dark gray Punto in my rear view and starts tailgating me! he just didn't spare any chance to try to overtake me! of course i would have let him pass if he had the right of way, but he kept trying to squeeze through space that didn't exist, or tried to overtake when vehicles were coming from the opposite side and of course, tried to overtake from the left! he was behind me all the way to Indiranagar 100ft road!!

3. encountered a moron in a maroon WagonR in the evening after picking up my wife, weaving through traffic at speed. he almost clipped my front bumper at CV Raman Nagar! he was weaving in and out of traffic like the devil himself was chasing him! took pictures of him, but by the time my wife got the Cybershot out to record his antics, he kinda figured out he was being watched and slowed down at the OMR/BHEL junction and let me pass!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_6344.jpg

3. another moron i chanced upon today was driving a Toyota Camry on the BETL with speed well above 120km/h! one second he was there, the next he was gone! it was like whoooosh! caught up with him when he got stuck in the Hosur road jam!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_6330.jpg

my encounters of good drivers today:

spotted this IndiCab observing the speed limit on the BETL. followed him till the toll. he even used his indicators correctly.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_6328.jpg  

Old 26th October 2010, 21:30   #1395
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
oi! who says we're carrying weapons!? the hockey stick is used as a deterrent! it is placed in plain view - behind the rear seat - for all to see and admire the consequences of coming into contact with it (from the wrong end)!
I'd love to take a pic just as you're alongside the guy who keeps his baseball bat, in plain view, in the same place!

Had a set-to with an honking, tailgating auto driver today. Of course, the honking started even in stationary traffic. I refused to let him cut the corner and overtake as we both took a right turn, then, a couple of minutes later, pulled to the left (he was trying to overtake on the left by that time) and waved him past. We exchanged gesticulations. My wife tells me that I got a grin from his passenger: unfortunately I missed that!

re your final pic: isn't it nice to see a taxi well driven? Makes it feel like a better world!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks