Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2011, 17:18   #1681
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

IronH4wk, what amazes me more is that you notice all these things. I have become so used to such idiots on the roads that i dont even notice them any more. I have to consciously make an effort to spot such violations!!
Old 15th March 2011, 17:34   #1682
BHPian

I love people who drive at their own sweet pace with both rear view mirrors shut close, sunk somewhere deep in the seat of their car or maybe falling over the steering. Them happy go lucky people !!

I also love folks who wait for the fuel tank to run dry in the middle of a busy road. These innovative ones can cause a jam on the widest of roads.

@IronH4wk, please post pics of some such drivers for our benefit.

Even if these people are not necessarily bad drivers, they are irresponsible drivers.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 15th March 2011 at 17:40.
Old 15th March 2011, 19:46   #1683
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
Most of the posts in this thread relate to parking woes. Should we go for another thread titled 'Bad parkers'?
hehe.. think we might need that! for example:
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01284.jpg
what gives?!

PS: the Palio guy parked last!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch.nathan View Post
You should have become a professional photographer or an investigative journalist, man you would have made one hell of a career in media.
gracias senor, but photography is just a hobby, something that started 26yrs back (i was in 4th grade). used to do some freelance work in between. now i just carry one of my cameras with me always (well almost) and if i see anything interesting - click; and you know our Bangalore is full of interesting things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
I also love folks who wait for the fuel tank to run dry in the middle of a busy road. These innovative ones can cause a jam on the widest of roads.

@IronH4wk, please post pics of some such drivers for our benefit.
interesting subject. lemme see if i can get that captured!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
IronH4wk, what amazes me more is that you notice all these things. I have become so used to such idiots on the roads that i dont even notice them any more. I have to consciously make an effort to spot such violations!!
if one has been long enough in Bangalore, one would become impervious to these things, but i've decided enough is enough! this is my revolution against the nincompoops plaguing our roads and inadvertently depriving us of our long life!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 15th March 2011 at 19:48.
Old 15th March 2011, 22:32   #1684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Add to that people who are new to a particular locality and are searching for some place. Suddenly in the middle of the road stop to ask directions or to look around for the landmarks given to them without a care for the people following them behind.
Old 15th March 2011, 22:47   #1685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
two wheelers, eh?
At-least he is wearing a helmet. But the helmet is a half face one and he has not fastened the strap! Wow!!

But this is nothing. You should come to Pune and see the two wheeler riders. 7 out of 10 don't wear a helmet, 8 out of 10 are ladies on Honda Activas, 9 out of 10 will cut across your face like the guy in the signal pic, and all 10 out of 10 will bad mouth you Puneri Ishtyle if you try to give them a piece of advice!

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 15th March 2011 at 23:05. Reason: Grammar
Old 16th March 2011, 18:17   #1686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
but i've decided enough is enough! this is my revolution against the nincompoops plaguing our roads and inadvertently depriving us of our long life!
I full agree with you here. I am with you in this revolution

And no posts from you today in this thread. Looks like Bangalore drivers are showing good behaviour today.
Old 16th March 2011, 18:18   #1687
Senior - BHPian

Some smart alecs who want the best of both worlds (read - lanes)
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-morons.jpg  

Old 16th March 2011, 20:07   #1688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
I full agree with you here. I am with you in this revolution

And no posts from you today in this thread. : Looks like Bangalore drivers are showing good behaviour today.
nah.. working from home
Old 17th March 2011, 10:10   #1689
BHPian

This lone ranger blocked the traffic from behind for a good 20 mins. I reached the peak of my tolerance and kept honking not to overtake but to clear the traffic which was piling behind me. Every time i tried to overtake there was oncoming traffic which made life even more sad

There was absolutely no change in the guy's behavior! God save us all from such riders...
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img00006201103170933.jpg  

Old 17th March 2011, 10:13   #1690
Senior - BHPian

Downshift and revv and pounce on him from the right. If he doesn't yield, keep driving parellel along with him and show him you intend to push him off. He should budge.

Not the right way but you can't really get him to move off any other way.
Old 18th March 2011, 19:32   #1691
BHPian

Spotted a light bluish Wagon R today ram into a bike with the rider sitting on and speaking on his mobile.

The Wagon R first jumps the signal outside Mandovi Motors on Bannerghetta Road. He was taking comfort behind a BMTC bus to jump the signal, but to his bad luck the BMTC bus stops at the bus stop right after the signal. This chap honks and honks. Finally the BMTC bus moves ahead (at his convenience) and shifts to the right lane. I do not understand why, but then the Wagon R pulls to the left side of the bus trying to overtake it. WHAM ! He rams into a bike with the rider sitting atop speaking on his mobile.Now I understood why the bus shifted to the right lane. The biker was parked adjacent to the footpath and the Wagon R just runs into the rear of the bike. Wagon R guy gets out, yells/shouts at the biker who is laying helpless on the footpath with the bike on his legs. A small crowd gathers and then the Wagon R guy just gets into his car and takes off after he sees the crowd gather.

I think the biker was wrong on his part to stop beside the footpath of such a road with such heavily congested and regular traffic. But nevertheless the Wagon R driver was definitely at fault. He could have killed the biker today.

Could not get a snap of the driver nor the car but I did note down the number. It is KA ** * 3824.
Old 21st March 2011, 13:45   #1692
Senior - BHPian

Sunday afternoon, 2nd Main in Jayanagar 7th block. The road is quiet. There is just me in my car, and an old man on an even older Chetak in front of me.

I honk, begin to pull out to the right to overtake him. I see his right hand extend (like he is signalling to turn right), so I hang back. No sign of him turning, he continues straight on.
Repeat.
Repeat.

Now I decide, I will overtake him anyway, so I do. I look at him extending his right arm and realise - he is tapping ash from the cigarette he is smoking!! And completely oblivious to the world around him!!
Old 21st March 2011, 13:55   #1693
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
Spotted a light bluish Wagon R today ram into a bike with the rider sitting on and speaking on his mobile.

Could not get a snap of the driver nor the car but I did note down the number. It is KA ** * 3824.
Oh it is the same guy i reported here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Check out this dude.
Right after the Bannerghatta Road - ORR intersection, there is a bus stop (no surprises there). This dude was behind a bus, and surprise surprise, talking on the cellphone. No, no bluetooth, no hands free. Good old fashioned phone in one hand and steering in other.

Anyway, i was in the right most lane. As the bus stopped, this dude tried to squeeze in. Normally, a bus and two cars can go side by side. But his luck ran out and the bus started moving into his lane. Since i had already half crossed him, this fellow had to brake. I guess he did not like that and started tailgating me! I had to pull over to the side of the road to give him a piece of my mind. But i dont think he had the intelligence to accept it.

He kinda wanted to get physical, but i didn't want manslaughter charges on my hands.

So i just took this pic, in order to warn others and drove off.

Attachment 443787
I had enough time to stop and take a pic , of the car as well as the driver.

Here is the link to the post quoted above
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/collec...ml#post2118503
Old 21st March 2011, 14:40   #1694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
I look at him extending his right arm and realise - he is tapping ash from the cigarette he is smoking!!
first reaction:

few moments later: you should have honked the living daylights out of him! that's what i do. i wouldn't honk unnecessarily, but if a vehicle is deliberately impeding me, i'll give a warning blast, but even after that they don't move then i just keep the horn pressed until they move to the side. for example, saw this biker on the BETL riding slow on the speed lane. gave a twin blast, then a single blast, but he didn't budge. had to give a long blast of the horn to finally get him to move.

found another idiot this morning on the Domlur flyover. the above trick didn't work on him, so i went around him and took a picture as i passed him. guess what was he up to?!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01347.jpg
Old 21st March 2011, 15:00   #1695
BHPian

There is a steep road near where I stay, which is a one-way in the downward direction. There is an exit on Bombay Bangalore bypass (NH4) which connects with this one-way. For folks familiar with Pune - I am describing the Chandni Chowk chaotic interchange.

Some time ago, I was driving down in the Estilo, when a bus driver comes up the wrong way to join the NH4. Confrontation! Situation was alike David-Goliath but he was in a hurry and I had all the time. Status Quo for about 5 minutes. He couldn't go (his) right due to free flowing traffic and I was in no mind to budge. Traffic behind me had already started piling up. Left with no choice, he had to reverse slowly and take the correct route to NH4.

Another time, same stretch but an auto this time and me in the Xylo. This guy started manouvering to bypass me, but I kept moving forward eating his space. Left with no choice, he turned back and went about the correct route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks