Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2011, 18:44   #1711
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
@ Ironhawk: mate, I would seriously recommend chucking the Cam when you are driving. I can understand snapping someone when you are at standstill/at a signal etc. But doing 80 and playing around with a Cam is just as dangerous, if not more, than what the folks in your videos seem to be doing.
thank you niranjan; i'll take it under advisement. i don't feel i should justify my driving skills here, hence i'll leave it at that.

@MODS: please remove my post (#1708) if you feel it is not in the best interests of this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
@Ironhawk why dont you mount it on your dash, it will be much safer that way...
yeah, getting that done.. sort of. the HDD of my handycam had crashed; just got it replaced. will have it mounted on a tripod
Old 23rd March 2011, 19:16   #1712
BHPian

Hi,
Couldn't agree with ajmat better. But one thing I have to say here is that Chennai has the worst respect for traffic (maybe wrong), people just dont wanna wait one minute/ obey signals/give way.

They are more engrossed in their own individual activities (talking to each other), talking on a cellphone - never ever realizing the fact that they are endangering their lives and the lives on the road.

VJ
Old 24th March 2011, 02:54   #1713
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - WHY ARE THEY THAT WAY!

The pictures below are of a DRIVING SCHOOL car. This is one of the older schools in Pune. This shows why the drivers dont have regard for the basic safety measures.

The car does not have rear view mirrors, the instructor who is an elder person was not even wearing seat belts. What say?Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo0191.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo0192.jpg

P.S.: The driving school is not exactly dilapidated. They have a huge place in one of the most expensive areas in Pune. Also, I have seen a Hummer (original) parked there most times.
Old 24th March 2011, 06:30   #1714
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ Ironhawk: mate, I would seriously recommend chucking the Cam when you are driving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
thank you niranjan; i'll take it under advisement.

yeah, getting that done.. sort of. the HDD of my handycam had crashed; just got it replaced. will have it mounted on a tripod
I don't want to spark off a debate here ( since this is a path trodden to death) but Niranjan, while I appreciate your concern for a fellow member, let me tell you that I have seen Ironh4wk in action. He literally shoots from the hip. No mucking around with the settings, no looking through the view finder. Just pick up the cam with one hand, release the safety, and shoot.

Ironh4wk, mounting your HDD camera on a tripod may not work. HDD cameras don't take the vibrations well. You need flash based handycam for that.
amitoj is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2011, 09:46   #1715
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
I don't want to spark off a debate here ( since this is a path trodden to death) but Niranjan, while I appreciate your concern for a fellow member, let me tell you that I have seen Ironh4wk in action. He literally shoots from the hip. No mucking around with the settings, no looking through the view finder. Just pick up the cam with one hand, release the safety, and shoot.
I second that ! Either way, if not for his skillswe would not get to see so many BHPians being spotted all over Bangalore.
Atleast with respect to the roads, he has definitely taken Citizen Journalism to a whole new level.

Quote:
Ironh4wk, mounting your HDD camera on a tripod may not work. HDD cameras don't take the vibrations well. You need flash based handycam for that.
OT:
I think there are quite a few HDD cameras that work well on mounted holders which are actually different from the regular tripods. The vibrations should be rather negligible because they are built to absorb that disturbance and distribute it without affecting the shot/video quality. What I am referring to is something like the one shown in the video and the eBay link.

Ironh4wk is definitely going to need these. With the cam on your hood, no BHPian shall be spared on Bangalore roads.

Pro2 car suction cups mount 4 video dv hdv DSLR camera | eBay

Last edited by bblost : 24th March 2011 at 13:59. Reason: Removed an extra smiley. No more than 2 per post. Thanks.
Xryder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2011, 10:04   #1716
Senior - BHPian

Let us continue this OT discussion here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...order-car.html
Old 24th March 2011, 12:16   #1717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
thank you niranjan; i'll take it under advisement. i don't feel i should justify my driving skills here, hence i'll leave it at that.
Quote:
Guys, no disrespect/accusation intended in my post earlier. I was merely trying to point out what I thought was risky. I do follow Ironhawk's activism across threads and above all, I really do appreciate his patience in actually trying to snap the innumerable bird brains that fill our streets
Old 24th March 2011, 13:51   #1718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, no disrespect/accusation intended in my post earlier. I was merely trying to point out what I thought was risky. I do follow Ironhawk's activism across threads and above all, I really do appreciate his patience in actually trying to snap the innumerable bird brains that fill our streets
no worries mate; no offense taken just didn't want the discussion going south.
Old 25th March 2011, 13:05   #1719
Senior - BHPian

Sigh.
Do i need to say anything here?
Door held together by a ribbon:
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-badd1.jpg

A life held together by pure luck:
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-badd3.jpg
Old 25th March 2011, 13:52   #1720
BHPian

Quote:
Sigh.
Do i need to say anything here?
Door held together by a ribbon:
Attachment 522879

A life held together by pure luck:
Attachment 522880
Words fail me when i see such bird brains. More than anger it is sheer pity that they even come with such ideas. Let wisdom be bestowed on them
Old 25th March 2011, 14:28   #1721
Senior - BHPian

despite this board being placed there..
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01386.jpg

this person feels its ok to leave his/her car in that very spot!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01356.jpg

near Mekhri circle: this guy almost got run over by that van!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01396.jpg

IISc/Sadashivnagar signal: i'm in line with the divider (extreme right on my lane); all of a sudden this BMTC comes from my right and tries to push me in - yeah right, like that's gonna happen!!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01400.jpg

Benson town: there have been barricades put so that people don't take a shortcut to cross over, but their still jump over the divider!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01404.jpg

this morning on NGEF bypass: don't know what the heck was wrong with this Scorpio guy; he kept inching forward in every gap possible. see how close he's to that bike's mud flap!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01425.jpg

HAL road/OMR signal: i really wonder where the hell did that Innova come from!!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01427.jpg

Koramangala 1st block signal: this guy stops his Fabia smack in the middle of the road, leaving a huge gap on the right side. when the signal went green this guy went left!!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01431.jpg

this is what i see as i come down the Silk board flyover this morning!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01432.jpg

Sony World junction Koramangala: look how far ahead this numnuts has come!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01366.jpg
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01367.jpg

there's only so much space for people to walk on the NGEF bypass, even that too is encroached by the two wheelers and bicycles!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01341.jpg
Old 25th March 2011, 14:35   #1722
Senior - BHPian

@Iron4HWK - Today it looks like its a bumper crop of bad drivers

So many snaps in one post/one day.
Old 25th March 2011, 14:41   #1723
Distinguished - BHPian

Tody i had been to lunch to a restaurant on hosur road,
just beside that restaurant(In front of an under construction Bar) there was a parking place for two cars.
1 was taken by a qualis and I parked in the other facing a wall.
After lunch i came out and what did I see...an alto parked close to my car and perpendicular.
So perfectly that I couldn't reverse my car. that car owner was in an adjacent lodge.
We found this ********* (all popssible options for these stars are in my mind), after searching 15mins.
he came out as slow as a snail. By that time standing in the hot sun, my patience had reached my limit.
I spoke one line with a tone which showed my feelings.
To this, that idiot went back inside.
One of my colleague with me asked me to be quiet and one more colleague somehow talked to him and brought him back. (As if we had made a mistake).
We wasted 20 mins for nothing. What can we do to such morons.
Old 25th March 2011, 14:53   #1724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
@Iron4HWK - Today it looks like its a bumper crop of bad drivers

So many snaps in one post/one day.
only three were taken today; rest were taken earlier in the week. if i catalogue the numnuts on Bangalore roads everyday, i'll have to outsource my primary job to someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Tody i had been to lunch to a restaurant on hosur road...

...an alto parked close to my car and perpendicular. So perfectly that I couldn't reverse my car. ...

.. What can we do to such morons.
where's the picture?
Old 25th March 2011, 15:09   #1725
Distinguished - BHPian

I was not in a great frame of mind...didn't take the picture although I could've. TBHPian MCR was also with me

Most Viewed