Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2011, 20:42   #2041
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

1) We came across this 'Left Hand Drive' Toyota Corolla on the way back to home. This guy made sure that he won't overtake at least a single car through the right hand side.

I don't know whether it would be unfair or not to tag this driver as a bad driver(?)

EDIT: Though the actual registration number of the above car is KL 01 J 6535, the car owner has selected the font and license plate layout in such a way that the registration number reads as KL 01 JG 535.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc05120.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc05121.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc05122.jpg

2) If you feel that the vehicle in the image below is a truck...

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc05107.jpg

...then you're seriously mistaken. Oh yeah, it's an overloaded Tata Ace.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc05111.jpg

Last edited by Klub Class : 31st May 2011 at 20:47.
Old 1st June 2011, 07:29   #2042
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWonder View Post
Three guys on a motorcycle doing dangerous maneuvers on the Chennai ECR Road.
They were doing this act for about 5 minutes but couldn't record more as my camera's memory card was full.
I guess they were warming up the tyres aka Formula 1 style in the warmup lap . Stupid to say the least.
Old 1st June 2011, 09:42   #2043
Distinguished - BHPian

A common sight near my house. These guys always cause problems since some of these cars obstruct other cars while taking a U turn.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img00609201105311155.jpg  

Old 1st June 2011, 11:24   #2044
BHPian

saw this guy behind me change lanes on JVLR, at the junction between eastern express highway and Gandhinagar.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20110601_0926491.jpg

what so uncommon about changing lanes??

at peak hours (when this pic was clicked) this particular stretch has four lanes of road, and EIGHT lanes of cars. last thing one should do is change lanes - though people seem too keen to do it
Old 1st June 2011, 12:55   #2045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
how much space did you have between the two cars? You shouldn't have had to break hard merely at the sight of indicators.........
There was some space - by braking hard I don't mean I came to a screeching stop.

If you see a pedestrian jump out in front of the car in front and you know that car will have to suddenly reduce speed, you wouldn't necessarily wait for that guy to stop before you braked too, right? You would also start slowing down ASAP because you know the car in front would also be slowing down at the same time.

Same thing here - this guy indicated right when he reached the gap, slowed a bit, I braked in anticipation that he was going to slow down heavily for a u-turn but he kept going.
Old 1st June 2011, 14:04   #2046
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
A common sight near my house. These guys always cause problems since some of these cars obstruct other cars while taking a U turn.
Spot on Naveen! The same thing happens at the opposite side in front of Federal Bank.

Not only parked vehicles hinder U-turn, some vehicles park almost at the intersection of the main road with our lane. I find this very dangerous because whenever I try to enter the main road, these vehicles block the view.

I really wish I had a jeep .

Regards,
Jose.
Old 1st June 2011, 14:29   #2047
BHPian

In Chennai, its quite easy to spot a bad driver. He will have a political party flag up front. Its a 99% accurate symptom of a guy who doesn't care who else is on the road!
Old 1st June 2011, 14:36   #2048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Are Bad drivers also Bad at parking. Or Parking without a care about the trouble others go through because of them? A few recent images with comments.

1) Our office parking -

Attachment 552889

From the picture it looks like the silver Swift (4th from right) guy has parked properly. He only needs to look at his right side and he has maintained enuf distance there. The white car towards his left (is it an Etios)is the culprit.

Same is the case with the blue Maruti 800, it has not maintained the correct distance between itself and Swift to its right.
Old 1st June 2011, 16:06   #2049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve
Next time, I will put an large note saying IDIOT on the car drivers door and rear windscreen! What say to this?
It will work IMO, atleast for a few of them, as a colleague proved. We saw a SunlightCopper A_Star with KL plates (US Tech employee) parked in such a way that it was taking up 2 slots. Colleague gets wild, notes down regn number, searches KL-RTO & gets name of owner. He then takes an A4 sheet of paper, and writes "<name>, can't you park properly ?" and tapes it to the windshield. Ever since, the A-Star is parked properly.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2011, 16:14   #2050
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
From the picture it looks like the silver Swift (4th from right) guy has parked properly. He only needs to look at his right side and he has maintained enuf distance there. The white car towards his left (is it an Etios)is the culprit.

Same is the case with the blue Maruti 800, it has not maintained the correct distance between itself and Swift to its right.
What if the parking is being filled from left? And the car to the right of the swift positioned correctly? I just want to point out we cannot make out whose mistake it was, it could be swift or the car to the left too!
Old 1st June 2011, 17:37   #2051
BHPian

This happened yesterday while exiting my company campus. There is a straight road (serving as access road to my company and another one) which joins the main road leading to Phase 3 Hinjewadi. The junction is clogged with 6-seaters,autos and employees walking to tapri on opposite side.
So this guy stops his car, blinkers on, to pickup other folks with me right behind him on the main lane! 30 second wait before I pulled right and went past him. Talk about transformation - 2 mins before he was all rules inside the campus.
Old 1st June 2011, 18:50   #2052
Senior - BHPian

saw this Omni ambulance approaching fast from behind me on the BETL on my way home yesterday. the headlights were on but the siren was not - i thought maybe the siren is broken and quickly gave it way. when the van passed me, i saw that there was nobody inside (patient) and the driver was on the phone!!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_9354.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_9355.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_9356.jpg

this nincompoop was right behind him!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_9357.jpg
Old 1st June 2011, 19:30   #2053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
saw this Omni ambulance approaching fast from behind me on the BETL on my way home yesterday. the headlights were on but the siren was not - i thought maybe the siren is broken and quickly gave it way. when the van passed me, i saw that there was nobody inside (patient) and the driver was on the phone!!

Attachment 553562

Attachment 553563

Attachment 553564
Anna - post it on the Bangalore Traffic Police page on FB. I have noticed many ambulances blaring sirens weaving in n out of traffic with nobody but the driver in it. I always assume it is going to pick a patient -- but do hospitals send ambulances with no support staff? is the driver going to haul the patient like baggage and drive back to the hospital?
Old 1st June 2011, 19:59   #2054
Distinguished - BHPian

IronH4WK, I can't help smiling when I see your signature in this thread

Quote:
what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger..
I'm confident that you have a strong sense of humour, and won't take offence
Old 1st June 2011, 20:35   #2055
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
IronH4WK, I can't help smiling when I see your signature in this thread

I'm confident that you have a strong sense of humour, and won't take offence
ROFL!! that was below the belt! come to think about it, its actually Ironic!

Most Viewed