Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2011, 21:59   #2056
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
1) We came across this 'Left Hand Drive' Toyota Corolla on the way back to home. This guy made sure that he won't overtake at least a single car through the right hand side.

I don't know whether it would be unfair or not to tag this driver as a bad driver(?)

EDIT: Though the actual registration number of the above car is KL 01 J 6535, the car owner has selected the font and license plate layout in such a way that the registration number reads as KL 01 JG 535. [
I know a guy whose number reads KL 36 36 36 where the second 3 is not 3 but B written to resemble as 3.
Old 2nd June 2011, 00:39   #2057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k

I know a guy whose number reads KL 36 36 36 where the second 3 is not 3 but B written to resemble as 3.
I've seen some thing very similar in Mumbai so many times that I've lost track - cars with numbers ending in 8055 written similar to 'BOSS'. Maybe it was the same car I saw each time

To think of it, XX XX UR 8055 or UP 01 BG 455 would be nice numbers to have if they allowed fancy number plates

Last edited by nileshch : 2nd June 2011 at 00:45.
Old 2nd June 2011, 12:19   #2058
Senior - BHPian

thwarted an attempt by a employee to park his Alto in a no parking area this morning.

after i told him that's a no parking area, can't you see you'll be blocking the entrance to the building, he just stood around there trying to see if he could still get away with it. i walked back 50mts, called the security and told him that guy is parked in a no parking area; ask him to move. the security promptly asked the guy to move ahead and park in the proper slot!

while walking back i saw this guy angrily reversing his car and surging ahead with screeching tires. looks like i gave him a perfect start for the day
IronH4WK is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 17:28   #2059
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
thwarted an attempt by a employee to park his Alto in a no parking area this morning.
Good Deed I have done this a couple of times in Pune and i guess have made friends for life Atleast those guys would never forget it.
Old 2nd June 2011, 18:15   #2060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Good Deed I have done this a couple of times in Pune and i guess have made friends for life Atleast those guys would never forget it.
shooed one away, but another took his place

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imag0131.jpg
Old 2nd June 2011, 18:35   #2061
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 554110
How the heck will the poor swift owner get in the car due to this moronic drivers parking.
I hope someday this Santro owner should get a taste of his own medicine, by getting his car flanked from both sides, so that he has to enter the car via the BOOT!
Old 2nd June 2011, 18:38   #2062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 554110
My ex-employer used (it still does I guess) jam the vehicles parked improperly and impose fines to get them unlocked. Unfortunate that we wont do things right unless we are fined!

Many a time I see people cruising in side the company campus, all of them are bad drivers, what do we do? Install speed guns? I guess reliance does that! Over speeding inside campus == 500 rs/- deducted per violation in that months salary!

We should have a car tracking mechanism that can issue fines which is then should be tied up to one's mobile bill or electricity bills, in that we ensure that breaking rules means paying fines no matter what!
Old 2nd June 2011, 19:29   #2063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
How the heck will the poor swift owner get in the car due to this moronic drivers parking.
I hope someday this Santro owner should get a taste of his own medicine, by getting his car flanked from both sides, so that he has to enter the car via the BOOT!
I was thinking how the Santro's driver might have got-off at the first place... Surely not through the driver's door...
Old 2nd June 2011, 19:46   #2064
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikatmandal04 View Post
I was thinking how the Santro's driver might have got-off at the first place... Surely not through the driver's door...
maybe he beamed himself out!!
Old 2nd June 2011, 19:48   #2065
Distinguished - BHPian

Guess the number of bad drivers here. This was taken in a span of 10 secs. You can even notice "DY MAYOR'S" car in the pic. One Dzire almost banged me while trying to squeeze in like the other drivers. No pic though as people around were shouting at him.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img00620201106021800.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img00621201106021800.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img00622201106021801.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img00623201106021801.jpg  

Old 2nd June 2011, 22:25   #2066
Senior - BHPian

Rains are back and roads flooded with bad drivers

Monsoon has struck on the dot as predicted by Met Dept.
But as we all know, bad drivers greeted this in their own way; keeping the hazard warning flashers on.
Take a look. Last Sunday afternoon scenes.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-29052011371.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-29052011372.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-29052011374.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-29052011375.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 2nd June 2011 at 22:27.
Old 2nd June 2011, 22:48   #2067
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rains are back and roads flooded with bad drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Monsoon has struck on the dot as predicted by Met Dept.
But as we all know, bad drivers greeted this in their own way; keeping the hazard warning flashers on.
Take a look. Last Sunday afternoon scenes.
I'm not sure if keeping the hazard warning lights on in heavy rains would make someone a bad driver. Just yesterday on my way to office I had a silver Santro infront of me. It was raining very heavily, visibility was poor and the guy did not have any lights on. I felt unsafe driving behind him and had to overtake him to feel safe. Luckily once I was infront of him, he switched on his lights too.
Old 2nd June 2011, 23:02   #2068
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rains are back and roads flooded with bad drivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
I'm not sure if keeping the hazard warning lights on in heavy rains would make someone a bad driver. Just yesterday on my way to office I had a silver Santro infront of me. It was raining very heavily, visibility was poor and the guy did not have any lights on. I felt unsafe driving behind him and had to overtake him to feel safe. Luckily once I was infront of him, he switched on his lights too.
In rains if one's intention is to make others feel one's presence, then switching on the park lights is more than adequate enough during daytime. During night, needless to mention that the lights are on. Instead flashing of hazard lamps would only add to the confusion more so during heavy rains and at night.

On the night of last 31st I was driving from Trivandrum in torrential rains where I encountered a guy in a Honda City, sporting a fancy regn number of an Alleppy district SRTO, in front of me with his hazards on totally blind folding the traffic. This is to be avoided by all means. I over took him and found him to be on high beams also. I signalled to him by putting my hand out in the rain but he was unmoved and he was finding moving on a very difficult proposition, as that Doctor (Got to know from the mvdkerala site and hope he was at the wheel) was getting his own medicine back from oncoming vehicles.

The hazard lamp flashing and driving during rains are discussed in depth in exclusive threads on this forum. Take a look.

Last edited by rajeev k : 2nd June 2011 at 23:26.
Old 2nd June 2011, 23:20   #2069
BHPian

Using hazard blinkers is a bad idea during rains especially when the visibility is very low as it is confusing! Parking lights should be ideally used in such situations!
Old 2nd June 2011, 23:35   #2070
Senior - BHPian

If you are following someone, the other guy's park lights are good enough because they are red in colour. Indeed, in that case his hazard lights can even distract you.

But, if you are approaching someone from the opposite side during heavy rains in day time, park lights may not be spotted easily from a good distance. Headlights/fog lamps are better.

I think people switch on hazard lights since flashing orange lights are more easily spotted than pale yellow lights during the day. People are trying to help you and help themselves - not to harm you. That's why I said it doesn't make them bad drivers. On the other hand, a guy who does not have any lights on in the rains is definitely a bad driver in my book.

Last edited by StarrySky : 2nd June 2011 at 23:42. Reason: Added last sentence

Most Viewed