Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2011, 17:09   #2146
LNK
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

^^ ..next scene...so, now the cabbie is the girl, the safari is the cabbie and the chain goes on. And that pattern is what represents the state of the traffic in our country. Sadly!
LNK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2011, 02:29   #2147
BHPian

Re: As you sow, so shall you reap. Instantly too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Felt like instant justice being delivered.
Couple of days ago, it had rained a lot in Pune and as it was the first rains, the roads were turned into mini rivers and large puddles. At wakdewadi I see this guy in an alto driving like a maniac. I give him way. Then he goes through a puddle, purposely, and splashes water over the pedestrians and people waiting for bus.

He did this a couple of times more in a 3 km stretch. I was just thinking MORON, when this happened. The guy crossed a fast stretch, and again, looking at people waiting by the side tried to pull the same act. The water mini lake was wider than the alto (all 4 wheels in puddle), guy was doing atleast 50, and to reach puddle had cut left and probably wanted to steer right out of that puddle. The car aquaplaned, clearly he lost control, climbed over the small divider near the footpath and crashed the left side into a pole! Instant punishment! Felt he deserved it after watching his antics for a good part of 20 mins.
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2011, 09:41   #2148
Senior - BHPian

Re: As you sow, so shall you reap. Instantly too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
Instant punishment! Felt he deserved it after watching his antics for a good part of 20 mins.
Would have loved to see the expressions on the moron's face after the crash.
Old 12th June 2011, 11:00   #2149
BHPian

I've been seeing this stupidity since the advent of call cabs in Delhi. Haven't been able to photograph him in the act as you can very well see the scenario in the pic which makes it difficult to photograph. Such antics at the start of a flyover with speeding traffic is most common in Nehru place flyover & even the flyover of Dhaula kuan & Dwarka flyover/Gurgaon expressway.

It is downright risky & just to save a few kms he goes in for this silly maneuver.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-meru.jpg

Note from Support: Note added to picture. Thanks

Last edited by .anshuman : 12th June 2011 at 21:35. Reason: Note added to pic
Old 12th June 2011, 13:20   #2150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
I've been seeing this stupidity since the advent of call cabs in Delhi. Haven't been able to photograph him in the act as you can very well see the scenario in the pic which makes it difficult to photograph. Such antics at the start of a flyover with speeding traffic is most common in Nehru place flyover & even the flyover of Dhaula kuan & Dwarka flyover/Gurgaon expressway.

It is downright risky & just to save a few kms he goes in for this silly maneuver.
Attachment 559015

(Pic for reference only, Photoshopped)
Suggest that you remove the identification marks. There is a possibility of people copy pasting this on emails and sending it out.
I have seen this happening many times in Pune as well on the University Flyover. I have see people overshoot the exit (there are two left side exits), move ahead a bit and then reverse. Highly dangerous.

Another thing I commonly observe esp on the new Dapodi - Nigdi freeway is people trying to merge into the freeway from the exit instead of the entry and trying to exit from the entry. This is extremely dangerous because the average speed on that road is 60 kmph easily. Tried to make an illustration
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-morons.jpg

The distance between an entrance and exit is like 500 - 1000 ms.
Old 12th June 2011, 13:39   #2151
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Suggest that you remove the identification marks. There is a possibility of people copy pasting this on emails and sending it out.
Good reason for not removing the identity
Old 12th June 2011, 14:16   #2152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Good reason for not removing the identity
Said that because the pic is photoshopped. Could leave a bad taste in this case.
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2011, 15:07   #2153
BHPian

Quote:
Said that because the pic is photoshopped. Could leave a bad taste in this case.
What Identification marks are you talking about?

The Meru sign or the arrows?
Old 12th June 2011, 15:34   #2154
Senior - BHPian

Photoshop looks like having been used for the arrows, and the picture of the Meru cab has been pasted on. Identifying marks are not evident in the photo.
This is the Silk Board flyover in Bangalore, picture taken from Madiwala side. Building in the background is Sanovi Tech/Quinnox.

Last edited by KiloAlpha : 12th June 2011 at 15:36.
Old 12th June 2011, 15:42   #2155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCause View Post
What Identification marks are you talking about?

The Meru sign or the arrows?
Meru signs (if the car is photoshopped). If not, ignore!
Old 12th June 2011, 19:02   #2156
BHPian

Quote:
Meru signs ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Photoshop ...
Both the background & the cab pic is taken off the net. Photoshopped pic is shown for illustrative purposes only. However, I doubt if i'm that good at a PS job that it so seems real at first glance.
Old 12th June 2011, 23:49   #2157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
What do you guys think, do you think I should have let him join my lane, or let him be on the wrong lane and block traffic?
This has occurred quite a few times with me. Initially i used to let them however after a guy became abusive i make it a point to make life miserable to them. These jokers must be thought how to behave specially when traffic is heavy and they think they own the roads!

What you did was just fine.
Old 12th June 2011, 23:57   #2158
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry. Missed point error. I missed that completely <Blush>
Old 13th June 2011, 19:13   #2159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pri2 View Post
And when I thought I would let him after seeing him struggling in the wrong lane and blocking incoming traffic, he started to show me the middle finger!! That inspired me not to let him into my lane at all and finally he got busted by the cops for being in the wrong lane and creating another traffic jam.

What do you guys think, do you think I should have let him join my lane, or let him be on the wrong lane and block traffic?
Hi
These guys do not have the patience to wait and also have the audacity to show the gesture well really it should have been the otherway round.
Old 14th June 2011, 15:40   #2160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
But why? It was so easily avoidable. You see a guy struggling to take a turn, obviously a learner, in light traffic in a residential area- give him way, please! There is no ego at stake here. We were all learners once, right? And we've made our share of mistakes. At least I remember with fondness the fact that a couple of drivers had patiently waited as I completed an ill-conceived U-turn on Versova Road back in '93 when I just started driving. If nothing else, I think that act of kindness made me realise the importance of being a good, considerate driver.
I appreciate for you being patient for a new confused driver, I would have done the same if he was in his own car.
Somehow I just do not get the idea of these driving schools making a person who does not even know how to ride 2 wheeler, sit at the steering of a car in a crowded street.

This is a nuisance to the Traffic and I really pity the learner- I am sure its a scary and panicky situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I almost hit the divider.

Somebody once asked what the scariest vehicle for you on road. Most say killer trucks or buses. I say wagon R. Its terrifies me. Every time I have to overtake one, I wonder, will I end up on the divider?

And in my opinion -With due respect to all car owners, a trend which I have observed

A rash car- wagonR or an old Santro - I never understand why are they in such a hurry to prove they can drive fast.

A brat - Swift/i20 . I sure see a lot of these cars maneuver through the traffic at high speed.

The bully - A Scorpio with all black shades. He is bound to bully you on the road as he tries to forcefull overtake or push you off the road. Not to miss the Tailgating tactics.

The nuisance - The indica cabs and the rickshaw's.

I am not generailzing the car and their drivers but I somehow had this observation

Last edited by Rastapopoulos : 14th June 2011 at 15:43.
Rastapopoulos is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed