Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2011, 15:29   #2371
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

a very common sight in Pune (and everywhere else)
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_9846.jpg
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 15:34   #2372
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Attachment 569715
I have observed that if you suddenly slow down in front of these creatures, their cell phone falls on the ground.
Never tried this myself, just an observation
Old 30th June 2011, 16:33   #2373
Distinguished - BHPian

Scene at a free left junction. This guy wants to go right.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img00669201106301602.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 20:57   #2374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
and he will cut off everyone on his right side to find his way
Old 30th June 2011, 21:04   #2375
Senior - BHPian

I'm sure this image is self explanatory!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01998.jpg
Old 30th June 2011, 22:57   #2376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
I just wonder how many lives these people are endangering. Not only on the road but even their own lives. I fail to understand, what is so important in those 2 mins, that these guys can't even stop by the road side and answer the phone? I also fail to understand, how the phone stays in the place. I can't even hold my office land line receiver like this, leave alone a tiny cellphone.

Btw, did you take this pic in Pune?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I have observed that if you suddenly slow down in front of these creatures, their cell phone falls on the ground.
I am going to try this in Pune. First thing tomorrow!!! Atleast I will get the satisfaction of seeing their handsets shattering to bits and pieces !!!

Going O.T: After getting a DSLR, now I have started keeping my old point and shoot camera on the dashboard and recording everything on video. A simple 2GB card, and I can record away 1hr of video; sufficient enough for home->office and back home. I got the idea after watching World's Wildest Police Videos. Lets hope, one day I can post a video in this thread here!!

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 30th June 2011 at 22:58. Reason: Removed quote tags
Old 30th June 2011, 23:21   #2377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Never tried this myself, just an observation

One question - if I try this and some BHPian sees me doing this, do I run the risk of featuring on this thread?
Old 1st July 2011, 00:21   #2378
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post

One question - if I try this and some BHPian sees me doing this, do I run the risk of featuring on this thread?
Yup, you do. So say cheese, and smile for the camera. Atleast we will see you grinning
Old 1st July 2011, 01:54   #2379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post

Attachment 569953

If we use some zoom camera we should be even able to spot a sticker hidden somewhere in their cars saying "yes, its my grandpa's road" morons!!

Last edited by AlphaKilo : 1st July 2011 at 02:10.
Old 1st July 2011, 02:08   #2380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post

Attachment 569953

One way ?

The WR doesn't have even a temp. number plate - don't they get fined if there is no number plate?
Old 1st July 2011, 02:14   #2381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
One way ?

The WR doesn't have even a temp. number plate - don't they get fined if there is no number plate?
No sir, see where the wagonr and the swift are on the road!! Wagonr is probably thinking its driving in EU or USA, on the right side and the swift is probably in transit mode!!
Old 1st July 2011, 02:18   #2382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
No sir, see where the wagonr and the swift are on the road!! Wagonr is probably thinking its driving in EU or USA, on the right side and the swift is probably in transit mode!!

I was kidding sir.

Incident report today : Had a NRI visitor at work from US today - he is staying with his relatives in old city area so I went to drop him.

The guy was frozen the whole way looking at our traffic , at one point I was taking a U turn when a bus came full speed and stopped one foot before him
Old 1st July 2011, 02:23   #2383
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was kidding sir.

Incident report today : Had a NRI visitor at work from US today - he is staying with his relatives in old city area so I went to drop him.

The guy was frozen the whole way looking at our traffic , at one point I was taking a U turn when a bus came full speed and stopped one foot before him
Now thats how we spot a real bus driver I bet he would have said his prayers. I had heard such incidents from my friend(german) who did his internship at Bharat-Benz(daimler trucks,chennai) about our buses and especially autowallas.

OT: P.S: Btw you shouldnt be calling me "sir", call me by my call sign or arvind.
Old 1st July 2011, 10:54   #2384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Now thats how we spot a real bus driver I bet he would have said his prayers. I had heard such incidents from my friend(german) who did his internship at Bharat-Benz(daimler trucks,chennai) about our buses and especially autowallas.

Well, I have first hand experience of a foreigner's facial expression on our roads. A close friend had visited from Deutschland an year or so back and her first trip to India. From Devanahalli till we reached home , she kept cursing many fellow roadsters .

But the real fun was two days later our trip to my parent's home in Kerala , through Bandipur. Till Mysore things were pretty cool, early morning trip , not much traffic.

But once we approached Nanjangud, I could see her eyes almost pop out at the killer buses forcing guys off the road , jay walkers , cycles and mopeds crossing the road with careless abandon.Every now-and- then somebody would try and overtaking trick by flashing headlamps or some busybee would try overtaking you before squeezing in with left indicator flashing

And once we stopped at Bandipur a red faced Michelle asked "how do you manage to drive here" - and my thought - "experience my friend experience"

Last edited by JoeMichael : 1st July 2011 at 10:56.
Old 1st July 2011, 11:37   #2385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
This is quite normal here in bangalore as well..i see this happening all the time. The worst was yesterday. I was waiting at the signal just before the planetarium and i was in the centre lane as i wanted to go straight towards infantry road. The road is about four lanes wide. These two tempo travellers coming from the sankey road side went to the extreme left lanes (note there is no left turn at this signal) and then promptly turned right when the signal was go A lot of the time the centre lane traffic turns right and that is unavoidable (of course there are a lot of idiots who do no even bother indicating...) but these idiots take the cake! instead of waiting behind a few cars on the correct lane (or even the middle lane) thought they would cut everyone off from the extreme left lane! And almost caused a few accidents as cars going straight had to brake suddenly. Ive attached a pic explaining the same, excuse my poor MS paint skills! (Green is the correct way to turn, and red is the way those morons turned)

Another popular junction for idiots is the signal on Lavelle road which leads to cubbon park from the UB city side. There is a left turn here for people going towards Mallya Hospital and right turn towards kasturba road. Traffic usually builds up at the junction and you find morons who want to go left will go on the right side, and even cut the centre line and go all the way till the signal on the oncoming lane and then promptly turn left cutting off people who are going straight and turning right.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-planetarium.jpg  

Last edited by radiokidb : 1st July 2011 at 11:39.

Most Viewed