Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2011, 07:02   #2416
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
just got out of Reliance Fresh and was about to get into VT Bakes (on Channasandra main road, Banaswadi) when i see this guy and his wife quickly park their car and head inside Reliance Fresh - blocking the Scooty!
I guess even the bike riders constitute bad drivers in these snaps. Aren't those also parked haphazardly I agree that the car is not parked properly.
Old 5th July 2011, 09:22   #2417
BHPian

Quote:
at least that's one at a time. have you seen a flock of idiots go the wrong way together?

ta da!

this is the NGEF bypass this morning!
@IronH4WK - It is indeed the case everyday.. There is one more flock of these folks who block the free left.

And the same happens on the parallel road (Byapanahalli Road that joins OMR before Isolation hospital)

Cheers
Old 5th July 2011, 09:24   #2418
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone have Target's HR and transport email IDs? I am absolutely sick of their Swaraj Mazdas' rash driving. They stop in the middle of the road to pick up employees, without any indicators, muscle their way into lanes and just generally are blatantly ignorant of others on the road. One such idiot i encountered today was KA 03D 7680, white mazda.

Last edited by amitoj : 5th July 2011 at 09:25.
Old 5th July 2011, 10:47   #2419
BHPian

Isn't driving and taking pics as dangerous? I am seeing a lot in this thread.
Old 5th July 2011, 10:58   #2420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj302 View Post
Isn't driving and taking pics as dangerous? I am seeing a lot in this thread.
If you observe the pictures are taken mostly at signals or when the car is stationary/traffic jams. This is when you get to see the morons and their histrionics!
Old 5th July 2011, 12:06   #2421
Senior - BHPian

Check this guy trying to negotiate bumper to bumper traffic while talking. In the snap he is stationary but when the traffic started inching up he was talking and making the right moves. I guess some overhead satellite was giving him some directions on the phone

By the way this is the daily jam on the way to the Hinjewadi IT park in Pune. Three lane road converted to 4/5 lane road with just about enough space for the RVMs to not scrape each other.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img00072.jpg
Old 5th July 2011, 12:38   #2422
Senior - BHPian

spotted this on the NGEF bypass this morning when the traffic was moving at a snail's pace. slow or not, its never a good idea to have a unrestrained child in the front and in this case on the steering wheel!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_0648.jpg

the other day when i was standing in my balcony and having tea, i saw a Swift moving at a considerable speed. in the front seat was a little girl (unrestrained) having ice cream. i shudder to think what would happen if the driver had to apply sudden brake!

why have it if you ain't gonna use it!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_0661.jpg

that spot is for small cars and hatchbacks, but i don't think this guy gives a hoot! btw, he parks there everyday.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_0671.jpg
Old 5th July 2011, 13:43   #2423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
just got out of Reliance Fresh and was about to get into VT Bakes (on Channasandra main road, Banaswadi) when i see this guy and his wife quickly park their car and head inside Reliance Fresh - blocking the Scooty!
What makes this worse is the direction in which the car has approached the parking space. IMHO, it has been parked in the direction of oncoming traffic and should actually be pointing in the direction of traffic. While backing out, there is bound to be a mess.

Quote:
that spot is for small cars and hatchbacks, but i don't think this guy gives a hoot! btw, he parks there everyday.
I may sound sadistic, but I hope he learns a lesson one way or the other.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2011, 14:23   #2424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
why are people like this? i mean, at the slightest opportunity people tend to break the law or take shortcuts! sheesh! disgusting!
Ha Ha Ha, nice one! He's practically occupying half part of the road! And oh, I forgot to tell you. Inspired by your photos, even I have started keeping my point-and-shoot on the dashboard and recording everything on video
Old 5th July 2011, 16:38   #2425
BHPian

Quote:

why are people like this? i mean, at the slightest opportunity people tend to break the law or take shortcuts! sheesh! disgusting!
Going by the radiums on the F & R bumpers, (I'm pretty sure) the car had an AP-02 registration?

These AP-02 drivers are the most STUPID drivers, I must admit, being an AP-02-ite.

Disclaimer: I have an AP-02 car, but we DON'T belong to the above category..

EDIT: On my way to college, I came across a group of idiotic bikers coming the wrong way from IRR into OA road, jamming traffic and wasting 1 min.s of my time. I ask the leader, a middle aged man "Yaak ree wrong way al bandu tonde kodthira?" ("Kyo jee wrong way mey aakar hamko katinayee detey hein?") and he's like "Hogappa Ninu" ("Tum Jao").. This pisses me off and I shout "Neen HogaLe" ("Tu Jaa bey") and he stops behind me, and turns back giving a dirty look.
Such bikers are totally making fools of themselves on the roads.

Last edited by Arkin evoisrevo : 5th July 2011 at 16:43.
Old 5th July 2011, 16:44   #2426
Senior - BHPian

Please excuse me for the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Check this guy trying to negotiate bumper to bumper traffic while talking. In the snap he is stationary but when the traffic started inching up he was talking and making the right moves. I guess some overhead satellite was giving him some directions on the phone
Amit, the Ford Fiesta have black license plates. I used to think that having black license plates is illegal(?)
Old 5th July 2011, 16:47   #2427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post

By the way this is the daily jam on the way to the Hinjewadi IT park in Pune. Three lane road converted to 4/5 lane road with just about enough space for the RVMs to not scrape each other.

Attachment 572552
Hey Amit, did you not spot me today morning? I encountered that Fiesta taxi in Black and yellow number plates. I accidentally followed a stupid Santro into a non existing lane and this Fiesta would not let me in, leaving me in a soup situation.

So I must be now aware and not follow a bad driver either, coz I cannot cut lanes like them!
Old 5th July 2011, 16:55   #2428
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
Please excuse me for the post.

Amit, the Ford Fiesta have black license plates. I used to think that having black license plates is illegal(?)
That Fiesta was of some hotel chain. If i remember correctly it was Marriott. I thought yellow numbers is for taxi's. I don't quite remember the rule for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Hey Amit, did you not spot me today morning? I encountered that Fiesta taxi in Black and yellow number plates. I accidentally followed a stupid Santro into a non existing lane and this Fiesta would not let me in, leaving me in a soup situation.

So I must be now aware and not follow a bad driver either, coz I cannot cut lanes like them!
I guess i missed you in the sea of cars. That Fiesta not allowing you in was really bad. That guy picked up a guest from one of the hotels and was taking a U-Turn to go towards Hinjewadi. I actually stopped to allow him to take the Turn while others were honking behind me. And he does this to a fellow BHPian later. This is totally unacceptable
Old 5th July 2011, 17:27   #2429
BHPian

Quote:
spotted this on the NGEF bypass this morning when the traffic was moving at a snail's pace. slow or not, its never a good idea to have a unrestrained child in the front and in this case on the steering wheel!

the other day when i was standing in my balcony and having tea, i saw a Swift moving at a considerable speed. in the front seat was a little girl (unrestrained) having ice cream. i shudder to think what would happen if the driver had to apply sudden brake!
I once encountered such a person near Century club, he was driving his M800 coolly with his daugher sitting on this lap. After i passed him I put up my hand asking him what he thought he was doing? As is usual in Bangalore when one points out a traffic mistake by another...i could see him shouting and abusing me for it...

Quote:
why have it if you ain't gonna use it!
Well thats a common scene here...even if they have it they dont use it. Most of the bikes in bangalore dont even have mirrors. I often wonder why the police dont do anything about these morons. It is against the law to remove the mirrors from a bike is it not?

These morons think it makes the bike look "cool" and they drive like idiots, cutting lanes, turning without signalling, abruptly stopping, chatting away with other bikers in the middle of the road, etc etc etc. And usually they arent wearing helmets either. I shudder whenever i encounter one of these specimens on the roads..
Old 5th July 2011, 17:31   #2430
BHPian

This happened a while back:

It was well past midnight, and me and my friend were driving back home from Juhu. At a junction, the lights turned red so we stopped. All other cars who did not care about the signal and zoomed off because there were no other cars at that junction. Then, a Wagon R pulls up behind us and keeps on honking like mad. I was in the rear seat, and initially avoided that person. But even after 20-30 seconds, he kept on pumping the horn. I turned back and gave him the look which says 'Hey, can you not see the signal ?' In the car was a couple and a child, no seatbelts, all interior lights on, and enjoying some food and drinks. The signal turned green and we set off, and as usual this guy zoomed past staring at us.

Now comes the best part. Half a kilometre later, we meet this same guy waiting at the next lights! He is now waiting like a sincere driver because there were a few cars around which were waiting for the signal and a few cars turning in front of him because the signal was green for them. He was the first one at the lights, and we pulled up right behind him. My friend who was driving literally stood on the horn, and boy did it not make him nervous! We could see his face in his IRVM, it was a sight to see.

I know this may not have been the right thing to do, but it served him right. I wish he learnt something from this.

To top it all, he kept indicating left, and at the next T junction he turned right.

Aalok
aalokg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed