Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2011, 16:04   #2506
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

1. On ECR yesterday, south of Thiruvanmiyur... a pedal cyclist, middle-aged-plus guy, ambling northwards, next to the median, on the wrong side of the road.

I was so tempted to stop and block him, but he would probably have just ridden around me and got killed by the traffic passing me on the left.

2. Getting a reverse around a corner on a narrow road screwed up and putting the front wheel in the ditch.

That was me <Blush>

In the lanes two minutes from my house:

a. a stationary tanker blocked my left turn, so I decided to go around the block and take another road.

b. a trench was being dug across my route, and the tiny lane the diggers directed me into went nowhere.

c. I badly abused them for not helping me out of the ditch --- luckily, they spoke no English, not even really bad words.

d. a kindly guy came along and persuaded them to lift the front of the car.

--- point is, whatever else happened, it was only my bad driving that put the wheel there

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 12th July 2011 at 16:05.
Old 12th July 2011, 16:14   #2507
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
+1 to that. I'm practicing how to control my anger and be cool, every day.

===========

If somebody was there in the left lane, I would have had no other option but to ram straight into the oncoming idiot.

I feel like getting a used rusted tipper truck!
Well mate I will try to present you a real axe (hold on hold on I meant Axe oil!)
For all the trouble these morons give may be we need to have these instead of perfumes in the car

Cheers
Prasad
Old 12th July 2011, 17:46   #2508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
+1 to that. I'm practicing how to control my anger and be cool, every day.
Last weekend, I was travelling on Bannerghatta Road, just after Hulimavu, towards Bannerghatta. I was following a bus, which was moving on the right lane (next to the median) Suddenly, the bus swerved to the left lane and to my horror, I saw a three wheeler coming straight at me on the right lane, in the opposite direction. This moron was driving against the traffic to avoid going few meters and taking a proper U-turn to the other side of the road. Luckily for me, the left lane was empty and I swiftly moved to my left. If somebody was there in the left lane, I would have had no other option but to ram straight into the oncoming idiot.

I feel like getting a used rusted tipper truck!
Sir you should better bring down your A350X on the roads, I am sure they will give way for you or just throttle up and ushhhh they will be sucked and thrown out by the engines like grilled chickens
Old 13th July 2011, 11:47   #2509
BHPian

When: July 13, 2011, ~9:15 am

Where: Free left toward Sector 31 at Star Mall, Gurgaon. This is a free left from the service lane on the 'underside' of NH-8, that merges onto a two-way road (NH-8, 32 Milestone to Sector 31, 40).

Description: I was on the free-left, just about to merge onto the traffic. I yield to two cars and was just about to complete the turn, and was on the extreme left of the road, when a silver-grey (not the proper silver) Alto LXi, tries to 'bypass' me and misses me by the skin of the teeth. I stop and let the car pass and catch a glimpse of a lady in her mid-thirties driving.

As she is driving in front of me, I noticed slight swerving of her car, and I was stunned as I looked closer. She had one hand on the steering wheel and with the other she was combing her hair, using the IRVM! (Yup, combing, proper with a comb, not brushing her hair with her hand). I was amazed, astounded and

Well, it does not just end there. As we drive ahead for a couple of meters more, and the lady is done combing, she decides the its time to move ahead of the silly folks moving at ~35-40 kmph in a narrow two-way road. Having made her decision, she swerves to the extreme left, cutting two cycle rickshaws and narrowly missing them, and overtaking a yellow board cab from the left and just zips by.

And how did I spot her? Because the way she drove had 'I-suck-at-driving' written all over it. The instant I got alert when she tried to cut me among all vehicles moving is a typical 'rhythm,' I knew I just experienced a bad driver.
Old 13th July 2011, 13:26   #2510
Senior - BHPian

saw this on the Bangalore Traffic Police facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

notice the got BHP?

EDIT: on second thoughts, should this be posted in the spot the sticker thread?

Last edited by IronH4WK : 13th July 2011 at 13:28.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2011, 14:38   #2511
BHPian

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_0125.jpg

Saw this overloaded vehicle this weekend somewhere in Nagpur. The rear suspensions (leaf-spring) were hogging instead of sagging , and I am not kidding at all. Unfortunately, it is not visible in this picture.

On a different note, there are loads of brand new vehicles on the road in Nagpur. All of them carry what looks like a high security number plate. But on closer inspection, I found that the font of 'IND' is different and larger in size, and there is no 'India' written across the embossed alphanumeric characters.

Aalok
Old 13th July 2011, 15:08   #2512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK

notice the got BHP?

I think this has already been posted here, Anil!

By the way, saw another moron yesterday morning holding up traffic. Why? He wanted to enjoy his cigarette in the rightmost lane. As if one bad habit isn't enough!
Old 13th July 2011, 15:33   #2513
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Sir you should better bring down your A350X on the roads, I am sure they will give way for you or just throttle up and ushhhh they will be sucked and thrown out by the engines like grilled chickens
Thanks AK. I would actually love to have the engine FOD testing by putting these idiots through them.
Anyway, I encounter lots of racers while coming to EC office in the morning. I use the road from BG road which comes out near Wipro office. Many of them turn to Wipro and there also, for getting into the parking lot, they race against each other forming atleast 2 lanes, holding up the traffic from behind.
Old 13th July 2011, 16:59   #2514
BHPian

Rajasthan Roadways buses plying between Mathura (UP) and Lohagarh (Rajasthan) are becoming a big menace on the Ring Road and Mathura Road :

- they drive on the extreme right lane and do not let traffic move smoothly. Traffic cannot turn right at intersections / crossings since these huge buses are blocking the right turn.

- They never follow the bus lane

- they tend to race each other while approaching flyovers

- they honk continuously on the roads while driving at breakneck speeds

- they stop in the middle of the road if they spot a vendor dispensing pan masala / bidis on the roadside

- they have no clue to the turning radius of the bus in proportion to the road width often make misjudgements on curves or while overtaking

The traffic police never seems to notice their driving styles. Never seen a state roadways bus being hauled for bad driving.
Old 14th July 2011, 11:54   #2515
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugeeta View Post
Rajasthan Roadways buses plying between Mathura (UP) and Lohagarh (Rajasthan) are becoming a big menace on the Ring Road and Mathura Road :

- they drive on the extreme right lane and do not let traffic move smoothly. Traffic cannot turn right at intersections / crossings since these huge buses are blocking the right turn.

- They never follow the bus lane

- they tend to race each other while approaching flyovers

- they honk continuously on the roads while driving at breakneck speeds

- they stop in the middle of the road if they spot a vendor dispensing pan masala / bidis on the roadside

- they have no clue to the turning radius of the bus in proportion to the road width often make misjudgements on curves or while overtaking

The traffic police never seems to notice their driving styles. Never seen a state roadways bus being hauled for bad driving.
Why would they be hauled. Tell me do you give hafta to the policeman? Without hafta how do you expect same treatment. Well come to capitalist world
Old 14th July 2011, 11:59   #2516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Why would they be hauled. Tell me do you give hafta to the policeman? Without hafta how do you expect same treatment. Well come to capitalist world

I think he was talking about the "sarkari" buses - they will not pay hafta, if anything they maight charge hafta from the cops for not mowing them down.

Most of the time police doesn't interfere because invariably when they do there is a strike
Old 14th July 2011, 12:11   #2517
BHPian

Not to forget the courier vans and the India Post mail red vans seen driven rashly most of the times. Couries vans use the pavements as their way sometimes. Post mail vans drive so closely that they try to scare you. Its all a matter of fraction of a second, if either of the drivers lose judgement, that can lead to disaster.
Old 14th July 2011, 16:52   #2518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

notice the got BHP?

How shameless.
This is not the 1st time I've come across a shameless BHPian.
I've seen plenty, even parking in the middle of the road, on the footpath etc., forget not wearing seatbelts!
This primarily why I dont visit the team-bhp stickers thread anymore.
Old 14th July 2011, 18:29   #2519
BHPian

Attachment 576887

This happened just a couple of hours ago.

Location: At the junction in front of Pizza Hut/Powai Plaza on the JVLR.

The fellow on the bike was trying to sneak past the signal which was red for him, and green for us. Although there was my car and some other cars making the turn, he continued to drive forward. As is apparent in the picture, my friend driving the car drove past him making him stop right there, and I gave him a piece of my mind by pointing to his signal.

Moreover, after we have passed him, the guy has the guts to:

1. Break the signal
2. Drive alongside us and argue
3. Asking us to slow down/stop , which we obviously did not.

We had reached the IITB gate by then and we turned in.

This trend of not obeying the signal is definitely increasing in Bombay. People are becoming more restless by the day, and breaking signals at will, unless they see a traffic cop past the lights.

Aalok
Old 15th July 2011, 09:29   #2520
Distinguished - BHPian

New kid on the block - TATA NANO. How many people have seen their reckless driving? Nano is one hot car among rash drivers here I guess. They keep pushing their cars to the limit always. Encountered many Nano's. To report, saw one bad driver yesterday. Brand new Nano with ribbons intact kept honking and flashing the headlights for no reason. I didnt want to piss him off further so gave him the side to overtake me. I would never do that and was planing to bite my dust but seeing it's a Nano, let him off.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks