Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2011, 23:23   #2701
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I'm not surprised.What they do is get onto the extreme-side of the wrong side of the road and when the traffic thins out, they merge with the traffic going in their direction.Bottom line is, they lack patience. And it's the same case with everyone.
You are right. Two wheelers always go to right side and take a right turn to the right side then cut to left through the traffic. And funny part is (I have conversed with some) many guys feel that, that is the right way to take a right turn.They does this while entering a main road from a bylane or into the bylane from the main road. This has become a way of riding. Many cars also does this.
Now even private buses take a right turn through the wrong lane when signal turns green, but is still dangerous as they drive straight into free left's trajectory.

Last edited by rajeev k : 16th August 2011 at 23:25.
Old 17th August 2011, 09:48   #2702
Distinguished - BHPian

Lot of bad drivers spotted in Blore and on the way back.

Traffic was held up in Kuthiran due to the road work and this Indica decided to overtake the held up vehicles causing a major confusion.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-indica.jpg

Tavera tried to do the same but squeezed in after seeing the cops.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-tavera.jpg

I have seen many waiting for the green light on or after the zebra crossing but this is the first time I have seen one waiting on the wrong side of the road.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bike-traffic.jpg

A common sight in Blore.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bike.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img00774201108121833.jpg

At Kuthiran

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-indi.jpg
Old 17th August 2011, 11:40   #2703
BANNED

Yesterday a Maroon Red Toyota decided to overtake me from the left at high speed around 2pm in heavy downpour and raced through a one foot deep and meters long puddle. I noticed his attitude much before however and slowed down for the eventuality. For a few seconds there was a sheet wall of brown water all over my windshield and my visibility was ZERO!! The bonnet of my Gypsy was sloshing water and a some of it poured down the air vent below the windshield and onto my legs inside via the air duct facing sideways!! Thankfully I was not wearing leather shoes.

Still .. inspite of anticipating, I almost braked to a full stop in momentary fright due to total loss of visibility.

--Ragul
Old 18th August 2011, 17:01   #2704
Distinguished - BHPian

Witnessed an incident half an hour back. The person in question is already a "Bad Driver" (Drivers of private buses in Cochin) but this guy qualifies as a really really bad driver.

Location - MG Road near Jos Jn

This bus driver decides to overtake another bus in an already congested road. He takes the footpath to reach the bus stop early. In the process he knocks the ORVM of a Dzire. Not stopping, he manages to crawl through the road. The Dzire catches up and stops bang in front of the bus. Gets out and the rest is as expected. I could hear him saying that he will not take the car until he is paid. He was really furious and I could see his face turn red. Other motorists joined with him and started shouting at the bus driver.

The reason why I posted this even without the pic is that this bus driver literally took the footpath even when there were many people waiting at the bus stop. I'm sure that the fatal "Palimukku bus accident" (which was posted here - video) came to their minds.

A very bad driver!

Last edited by naveen.raju : 18th August 2011 at 17:02. Reason: edit
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 12:57   #2705
BHPian

Today morning at around 9:15 AM, I was heading towards my office at CV Raman Nagar, Baghmane Tech Park, Bangalore. Near Michael Pallya road, saw one Black Scorpio (KA 03- ML 1829) bashed one pedastrian and tried to escape. While doing so, he rammed one biker on right side. He again tried to escape. I tried to accelerate (I was on my bike) and block him, to request him to stop.

He suddenly accelerated and rear wheel went over my left foot. There was a traffic block ahead, he slowed down a bit, I caught upto him, and again asked him to stop. He straight forward banged my bike from behind and escaped into Baghmane tech park. I kept following him. He spent 15 min roaming around, taking U-turns and atlast entered Texas Insrtument building. I contacted 'Head Security' of Texas (Mr. Ramdas) and informed him about the incident. Gave my number, took his number. Atlast came to office, discussed this with my colleagues and decided to call the traffic helpline number, they asked me to logde a compalint at 'Indira Nagar Traffic Police station near to Jeevan Bhima Nagar.
I went there, they heard me, and took this down in writing. The scorpio guy was summoned to police station with his vehicle. The culprit landed there after half an hour later with his 'head Security'. The scorpio guy told me to speak in Kannada and not in Hindi or English as I'm in their land. He got good words from the cops. But the guy was very-very arrogant. The security head requested me not to file the complaint and he aplogized.
I told the cops and Texas guys that, I just want this culprit to learn a lesson and it's upto the cops wht to do in this case.
I came out of the police station and the scorpio guy was screaming behind me that, 'Go to support Anna Hazaare' you seem like him etc etc.
Me & my friend came back to office after meeting & shaking hands with Mr. Ramdas.
So guys tell me did I do something worng here? Do you guys think that, I shouldn't have followed this guy & forced him to showup at police station. Did I do the correct thing by not filing the complaint?? The guys told me that, he will see me
dev_kudle is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 13:10   #2706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dev_kudle View Post

I came out of the police station and the scorpio guy was screaming behind me that, 'Go to support Anna Hazaare' you seem like him etc etc.
Me & my friend came back to office after meeting & shaking hands with Mr. Ramdas.
So guys tell me did I do something worng here? Do you guys think that, I shouldn't have followed this guy & forced him to showup at police station. Did I do the correct thing by not filing the complaint?? The guys told me that, he will see me

The only thing you can be accused of doing wrong is not filing a complaint.

This has nothing to do with Hazare - what he was talking about was bullshit. And the way you have described the incident he can be booked for attempt to murder - that is not a traffic violation.
Old 19th August 2011, 13:19   #2707
Distinguished - BHPian

You did absolutely the right thing. I am surprised TI sent their "head of security" to defend this scum, in any other company, you'd be on your own if you tried a stunt like this.

Possibly a "senior" manager of some sort, possibly "well-connected", who MUST be punished for his actions. Please go ahead and file the complaint.
Old 19th August 2011, 13:24   #2708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I am surprised TI sent their "head of security" to defend this scum, in any other company, you'd be on your own if you tried a stunt like this.
Exactly, I appreciated Mr.Ramdas when I saw him accompanying the culprit. He seemed to be very senior person. And, he requested me not to file a complaint.

Last edited by GTO : 20th August 2011 at 14:53. Reason: Fixing quote
Old 19th August 2011, 14:27   #2709
Zed
BHPian

Quote:
Dev - what you did is absolutely commendable. Im not sure if you should have put yourself in harms way by trying to block this demented guy, but you did a great job in locating him and taking him to task. The rest of your narrative is consistent with what most of us expect. The guy is probably well connected and the response from cops indicate that in all probability the incident has not even been registered in the absence of a formal complain from your side. And judging by your description of this fine human being - he seems to be the kind of individual that wouldn't hesitate to track you down and give you a coaching moment.

That said what you can still do is (a) try and get in touch with a senior police officer in your city - not sure what the deal in B'lore is but there are cities where the commissioner of police has direct hotline numbers, facebook accounts etc.
(b) As long as you are 100% sure that the person is am employee of TI, try and get in touch with TI - I did a quick search through their website & the US site has details about the corporate communication executive for India. These are in the public domain in the website ( Under Investor relations ) and hence im pasting the details here.

India
Puja Bhattacharjee
080-25099221
puja.b@ti.com

Global head for Corporate Communications (based in the US)
Kimberly Morgan
214-479-0707
kim-morgan@ti.com

My suggestion would be to email the India contact person with information regarding the incident. If the India contact person does not respond favorably, you could escalate to the Copr communications head. One way to get their attention would be to let them know that the incident is being discussed in a forum with thousands of registered users from across India - a portal that had a very high traffic of visitors from the motoring community in India. Perhaps you can seek guidance from the moderators before you do so.

Im sure there will be many like minded bhp-ians and folks not registerd here who would stand by you in support.

Considering that was not just a case of bad driving but involved people getting hurt & threatened just makes it seem wrong that the guy gets away with it.
Once again Kudos to you for taking the time and effort.
I wish you luck.
Old 19th August 2011, 14:41   #2710
BHPian

@Dev:
File:
1) Public Nuisance
2) Assault
3) Accident
complaints against the Scorpio guy.
Next time he asks you to talk in Kannada, tell him to learn English or Hindi, and that the language you talk in is none of his business.
Try contacting the media and higher police officials, to get CCTV recordings.
Do not let such "educated" barbaric people to get away with these kind of acts, and arrogant behavior.

Further, if the police do not co-operate, file cases against the police too. I would do the same if I were in your position.
All the best.
Old 19th August 2011, 18:28   #2711
BHPian

Just a tip, try posting it on the Bangalore Traffic Police page, it's maintained and regularly updated by Praveen Sood, Addn. CP, Traffic Police. Attaching the link below:

Bangalore Traffic Police | Facebook
Old 19th August 2011, 22:53   #2712
BHPian

Hats off to what you did buddy. You are a hero.

Suggest you contact the traffic police FB page. Also if he has threatened you, you can seek security cover from the police. He could so easily have killed someone.

I am sure all TBhpians will stand with you in this. IF you have any pictures of him or the vehicle please email that to some news channel. Probably some politically connected pig. He called you the Anna Hazare type, feel proud of it.

Another thing, is be careful for some time. All the best.
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 23:12   #2713
Senior - BHPian

You did a fantastic job mate. At least he would think twice when behind the wheel at least for some time. Bangalore TBhpians should render all help and protection to dev kudle if necessary. Take care dev.

Quote:
He suddenly accelerated and rear wheel went over my left foot.
I hope you did not get hurt.
Old 20th August 2011, 11:57   #2714
BHPian

Hats off! Instead of being a passive by-stander, then getting your foot driven on - you still opted to do things by the book instead of taking law into your own hands.

I believe, why you should care about the position of the person inside his organization? I suggest that you keep constant touch with the head of security and let him understand that you have not forgotten this incident.

I also assume you have all the proper documentation for your bike. It isn't difficult to imagine how a connected person can turn this whole thing around for some lack of paperwork on your part.

and yes - get that foot looked at...

Last edited by mmxylorider : 20th August 2011 at 12:19.
Old 20th August 2011, 12:10   #2715
BANNED

Quote:
The scorpio guy was summoned to police station with his vehicle. The culprit landed there after half an hour later with his 'head Security'. The scorpio guy told me to speak in Kannada and not in Hindi or English as I'm in their land.

Great work!! A job well done !!

I am appalled at the idea that an "educated" person working for a premium MNC lacks a sense of National Integration. I see this all the time on the streets in minor skirmishes where even though the local party can speak and understand a common language with the other like Hindi or Tamil or English, they switch to Kannada and start demanding the other party speak Kannada or get out of Karnataka!!

We need tough laws in place to prosecute such people for inciting hatred against a linguistic minority and creating disharmony between Indians on the basis of Language with their anti-national sentiments.

Is there an already existing law under which we can prosecute such people? I would love to use it!

--Ragul
Ragul is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks