Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2011, 00:45   #3061
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Hi everybody
quite a few good inputs from the members
Every duty has a corresponding right and vice versa.We all forget this basic dictum when we break traffic rules.
Regards
Old 7th November 2011, 19:31   #3062
Senior - BHPian

Can we brand the owner a bad driver? The sticker says Jesus will wipe away your tears but may be it didn't apply to this poor dog. The owner had locked this dog in the car at Forum on Saturday evening and the poor dog was almost begging to be released. It was a heart-wrenching scene. I wish the owner gets locked in the car some day!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dog.jpg  

Old 7th November 2011, 19:37   #3063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Can we brand the owner a bad driver?
No. That's a bad human being.
amitoj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 21:52   #3064
Distinguished - BHPian

A stupid one, certainly. That dog could be dead in a very short time in far colder countries than ours
Old 7th November 2011, 22:04   #3065
BHPian

Quote:
Can we brand the owner a bad driver? The sticker says Jesus will wipe away your tears but may be it didn't apply to this poor dog. The owner had locked this dog in the car at Forum on Saturday evening and the poor dog was almost begging to be released. It was a heart-wrenching scene. I wish the owner gets locked in the car some day!
did the owner at least roll down the window glass a couple of inches for ventilation?
Old 7th November 2011, 22:07   #3066
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
did the owner at least roll down the window glass a couple of inches for ventilation?
He was human enough to have rolled down the passenger side windows by a few centimeters or may be ONE inch. i went close to the animal - and it was sticking its tongue out, whining, wagging, whimpering (almost begging me to let him out).

Bad human/not so bad human/inconsiderate human - but definitely a bad driver too (may not be in terms of his actual driving acumen)
Old 8th November 2011, 12:27   #3067
BHPian

Can this be treated as a Bad Driver image? I would rather call them Foolish People. This was a fad, when people used to have Omni's and used to keep the rear boot open. Nothing seems to have changed now.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bad-driver-foolish-people.jpg
Old 8th November 2011, 14:27   #3068
Distinguished - BHPian

This bad driver was easy to spot:

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bad-driver.jpg

Hogging the right lane with ZERO visibility behind him, and he even scraped a few other vehicles with his payload trying to negotiate a wrong-side overtaking manouevre. All this in peak hour traffic this morning on the NH4 bypass in Pune.
Old 8th November 2011, 14:46   #3069
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
This bad driver was easy to spot:
noop, actually it should have been - "Very difficult to spot". You can barely see the truck cabin .

On a serious note though, such sights are a common occurance on our roads. Worse case being, they cant/wont even look before shifting lanes.
Old 8th November 2011, 14:56   #3070
BHPian

Quote:
He was human enough to have rolled down the passenger side windows by a few centimeters or may be ONE inch. i went close to the animal - and it was sticking its tongue out, whining, wagging, whimpering (almost begging me to let him out).
You can't lower the glass any more as I have seen how a Dobermann almost choked itself to death when it pushed the glass window using its paw. But the glass just lowered only a few inches - just enough to push its snout and the dog slowly levered the glass lower until it was struggling in the neck.

For animal lovers who read this - we managed to find the owner and save the dog before it did any more damage. The owner appeared a decent man who claimed that he takes his pet in his trips. He had left the dog only for a short while and he had parked the car in shade.

Same way I see that even in this photo, the car is parked in a shaded car park.
Old 8th November 2011, 14:59   #3071
Senior - BHPian

Not too sure if he is a bad driver, in my recent Pune-Vizag drive, somewhere near Rajhamundry, a bus passenger who enjoyed coconut water, decided to part with it and threw it off the window and yours truly was about to overtake the vehicle in question with all the intent in the world only to be rudely awakened to the reality. Missed it by a whisker lest would have ended up in the Accidents thread!
Old 8th November 2011, 16:45   #3072

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bad_drivers_thread.jpg

Initially, I thought of posting this in the 'accidents' thread. But it is clearly not an accident, but just bad driving. Sorry for the low quality; it's a cell phone pic.

Cheers,
M_83
Maelstrom_83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2011, 18:01   #3073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom_83 View Post
Attachment 839136

Initially, I thought of posting this in the 'accidents' thread. But it is clearly not an accident, but just bad driving. Sorry for the low quality; it's a cell phone pic.

Cheers,
M_83
he's just doing a wheelie on the way to work!

umm.. yeah, that makes him a bad driver
Old 8th November 2011, 19:58   #3074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom_83 View Post
Attachment 839136

Cheers,
M_83
I have a similar experience. I don't remember exactly, but I think it was near pune.. Tractors were pulling two trailers loaded with sugarcane or some such stuff. The tractor was clearly struggling to pull and 90% of the time, it was doing a 'wheelie'. I was very young then, and I thought it was very cool. Later I realized that they were accidents waiting to happen, with not steering control at all.
Old 8th November 2011, 20:03   #3075
Senior - BHPian

This is a case of both bad driver and bad passengers. The guy was driving like a lunatic with abrupt lane changes, hitting crazy speeds, honking mindlessly. The passengers were hanging out dangerously (there were already around 40-50 passengers inside) and were enjoying the ride thoroughly.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-08112011172130.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks