Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2012, 00:26   #3391
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
yep, that's how you park a Range Rover!

Attachment 863255
When I took my driving test, the inspector asked me to park the car after taking a reverse in an L road. When I parked as close as possible to footpath, the inspector failed me saying I had to park with 2 wheels on the kerb . Maybe he was expecting me to park something like this .
Old 4th January 2012, 08:12   #3392
BHPian

Was on my way back to mysore from kasaragod on second.it was around 7pm. Had just exited kushalnagar, there was an qualis in front of me, ape in front of it and ahead of the pack was a canter. I was lining myself to start what would be a series of overtakings . I keep a sharp look out on either side of road , i noticed a man crossing the road ahead of the canter. The chap had walked to the center of the road by then. I immediately abandoned my move , slightly braked and gave myself two car distance to qualis & at same time i was horrified what i was seeing as it was unbelievable. The man walked straight in front of canter. Next moment .. Bang !!! Canter smashed straight into the man. I guess the three in front did not realise what happened and raced away. I anticipated a traffic jam , drove ahead half a furlong and parked the car and ran back to see if i could do something. The man was lying face down , with a cut over the right eyelid. People were convinced he was dead. When i tried to check him they would n allow me to touch him. I had to shout at them to let me check him . Theres nothing much even i could ve done at the spot without necessary equipments and drugs. His chest appeared normal and breathing was good. Pulse felt good.Had a suspect he might have a head injury. Beyond that i was also helpless to do anything. As somebody has already called 108, ambulance almost arrived and then i left.
The person was totally drunk and he had two more bottles in his pocket. That explained why he walked straight into lorry looking at it.
drkakkilaya is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 08:19   #3393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkakkilaya View Post
The person was totally drunk and he had two more bottles in his pocket. That explained why he walked straight into lorry looking at it.
I guess the person was on a death wish. Appreciate you stopping and checking on him.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2012, 10:26   #3394
BHPian

BAD DRIVERS- HOW DO YOU SPOT 'EM

THIS IS HOW... TAKE A LOOK AT THE PICTURE.

She happens to be a prominent doc in the area i took this pic. students call her "Schumacher" ha ha ha...it was late afternoon , this lady zapped in parked the car and casually walked away. paused a moment to look back felt satisfied there was enough room fro another car i guess and carried on he ha ha ha.. it was such a sight.. few of us standing there had such a good laugh ....ha ha ha.. did not waste any time clicking this picture..

on the lighter side please now don't connect this to her profession.. ooh being a doc she parks like this..ha ha.. we dont learn parking techniques.. ;-)
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image008.jpg  

Old 5th January 2012, 09:25   #3395
BHPian

To the MANIAC in the Black Scorpio with an LTD on the rear, outside On-Mobile Office near Delmiya Circle / Kalyani Magnum.

You came for a head-on collision with my car in my lane while you were trying to overtake 4 vehicles at speeds well above 90KMPH, today outside the On-Mobile office near Delmiya Circle at 8.50AM. You knew there was no way in hell you would have overtook those 4 vehicles. The only reason I am alive here is because I stood up on the brakes and also thanks to the i10 driver in your lane who slowed down to let you back into the lane seeing the impending fiasco. I would like to meet you personally to give you a piece of my mind and if possible threaten your family/co-passengers with a near death experience so you would know how it feels. People like you are the bane of this forum and the cause of early demise of probably everyone in your vehicle and other innocent people on the roads.

Do us all a favor and remove the damn LTD sticker from your Scorpio mate. I was shocked when I saw the LTD in my rear view while I was trying to get a glimpse of your number plate. Driving a bigger vehicle does not mean you can bully others on the road into submission. Sincerely hope you go head-on with a Tipper/Lorry/Wall and learn your lesson the hard way.
Xryder is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 11:01   #3396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Er! But I guess they parked better than most doctors I see here. The tree seems to be the culprit here.

A general observation is that most doctors are poor drivers - I work at a hospital, and see the way cars are parked in the doctors' parking daily - not a single car gets parked properly. In most cases, they'd park cars diagonally thereby blocking space for two cars!

(I don't intend to blame all doctors - but my observation is that 90% of doctors are bad drivers. This is just my observation)

ha ha.. yo kind of right.. check the pic i posted on 227 page.. that explains everything.
Old 5th January 2012, 11:41   #3397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
To the MANIAC in the Black Scorpio with an LTD on the rear, outside On-Mobile Office near Delmiya Circle / Kalyani Magnum.

You came for a head-on collision with my car in my lane while you were trying to overtake 4 vehicles at speeds well above 90KMPH, today outside the On-Mobile office near Delmiya Circle at 8.50AM. You knew there was no way in hell you would have overtook those 4 vehicles. The only reason I am alive here is because I stood up on the brakes and also thanks to the i10 driver in your lane who slowed down to let you back into the lane seeing the impending fiasco. I would like to meet you personally to give you a piece of my mind and if possible threaten your family/co-passengers with a near death experience so you would know how it feels. People like you are the bane of this forum and the cause of early demise of probably everyone in your vehicle and other innocent people on the roads.

Do us all a favor and remove the damn LTD sticker from your Scorpio mate. I was shocked when I saw the LTD in my rear view while I was trying to get a glimpse of your number plate. Driving a bigger vehicle does not mean you can bully others on the road into submission. Sincerely hope you go head-on with a Tipper/Lorry/Wall and learn your lesson the hard way.
I am glad things did not get more serious.
Can we do something about it? Wish you had spotted the reg no. Here we talk about following traffic rules and responsible road behavior and still a member ends up confronting another member endangering lives. Once I have been pushed off the road by a members SUV. I was not a member that time so just cursed him and moved on.
Be responsible guys.
Old 5th January 2012, 12:27   #3398
Senior - BHPian

KA registered Maroon I20 with number 2600,TBHP stickers.

BAD driver for sure ...this moron drives with folded mirrors ..and cuts across traffic ...spotted just before EGL ,Domlur,bangalore at around 10 am . Not very long before his car gets a dent if he continues to drive the same way .

If any of you see this I20 parked somewhere ,please dont hesitate to tear off his stickers !

Moral of the story : Folded Mirrors,definitely a bad and reckless driver
speedsatya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 12:35   #3399
Senior - BHPian

Was on the Elevated road today as usual driving to work ..I am on the left lane driving close to 70kph ...I approach an ambulance with all its sirens and lights on ,but not going beyond 60-70 kph ...very funny ,but I almost jump off my car when I see "why"

There is this SX4 car driven by a lady that is in front of the ambulance going at 60-70 kph on the right lane .Now the ambulance driver doesnt want to go to the left and overtake from the left ,while the lady driver sticks to the right lane .

I laugh it off and move on ...only to see the SX4 right next to me at the toll booth which is one lane .Now,I roll down my window and ask her as to why is she honking ? She says ,she is getting late and wants to move ahead of me .I couldnt control myself and burst out laughing and ask her " Then why were you driving so slow on the elevated road and that too on the RHS" .What she told me just left me :O .She said "Dont you know speed limit is 80 kph !! And ,cars are only supposed to be on the RHS " .
Old 5th January 2012, 12:37   #3400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
KA registered Maroon I20 with number 2600,TBHP stickers.

BAD driver for sure ...this moron drives with folded mirrors ..and cuts across traffic ...spotted just before EGL ,Domlur,bangalore at around 10 am . Not very long before his car gets a dent if he continues to drive the same way .

If any of you see this I20 parked somewhere ,please dont hesitate to tear off his stickers !

Moral of the story : Folded Mirrors,definitely a bad and reckless driver
To make it more accurate, Folded Mirrors + Rash Driving + TBHP Stickers = 100% not worthy of a license + TBHP Membership. We should have a Hall of Shame like IronH4WK suggested with the pics if possible and the reg.no. That way, when one of them turns up for the Quick Meets, we can catch them by the neck !
Old 5th January 2012, 12:40   #3401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To make it more accurate, Folded Mirrors + Rash Driving + TBHP Stickers = 100% not worthy of a license + TBHP Membership. We should have a Hall of Shame like IronH4WK suggested with the pics if possible and the reg.no. That way, when one of them turns up for the Quick Meets, we can catch them by the neck !
I didnt take pics as it was rush hour traffic and I didnt want to be involved in any scrapes or scratches with so many bikes,ricks and this moron around me .

I am just awaiting my DVR to reach me ...after that it will videos .
Old 5th January 2012, 12:52   #3402
Senior - BHPian

While waiting at a signal, an i10 stopped on my right. Its left mirror was closed (but right one wasn't). I so much wanted to open it, since it was within my reach. I did not, because our law itself has not made the left mirror mandatory.

Did I do the right thing?
Old 5th January 2012, 12:53   #3403
BHPian

Quote:
She said "Dont you know speed limit is 80 kph !! And ,cars are only supposed to be on the RHS " .
You should have asked her where she took the driving lessons from and if she has a license, how she managed to get it with such super gyaan.

Quote:
I didnt take pics as it was rush hour traffic and I didnt want to be involved in any scrapes or scratches with so many bikes,ricks and this moron around me .

I am just awaiting my DVR to reach me ...after that it will videos .
DVR ?? IronH4WK sahib, you have competition.
Old 5th January 2012, 13:03   #3404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nopes, please dont do that. I mean, tearing off the stickers from his car.

It is his car, his stickers... and nobody has the rights to touch or damage it. He maybe a moron or a bad driver, but that does not give anyone the authority to tear off the stickers which he has bought from his money.

Suppose one day you are in a hurry & at a particular junction, unknowingly you cut me off. The next day, I spot your car in a parking lot & come and rip off the sticker, will you like it? for you, it maybe a one off incident where you were driving rashly, probably for a reason.

P.S.: I am not supporting the i20 guy or any rash driver.
raj_5004 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2012, 13:05   #3405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To the MANIAC in the Black Scorpio with an LTD on the rear, outside On-Mobile Office near Delmiya Circle / Kalyani Magnum....
Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Wish you had spotted the reg no. Here we talk about following traffic rules and responsible road behavior and still a member ends up confronting another member endangering lives. Once I have been pushed off the road by a members SUV..
Guys, firstly it was a bad/dangerous experience that you have gone through. It always pays to be on our guard in this mad traffic. But how can we be sure that the vehicle belonged to a member. There are many instances in the T-BHP Stickers thread where the stickers are put up on non-members cars and they dont even have a clue what T-BHP is. They procure the stickers from friends etc and just paste them on the car. They continue driving like maniacs. I am not taking sides but just pointing out that the guy might not even be a member, the sticker might be fake (there are many out there) or if he is a member, then he is a disgrace to our forum.

Most Viewed