Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2012, 14:00   #3511
Senior - BHPian

^ nice one Speedy! Please do post the video so that we can all see who the dimwit is. Btw, when did this happen?
Old 2nd February 2012, 20:57   #3512
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Sadly people follow rules of the road only for the fear of being caught by cops and fined. Not for safety.

Seat belts - Now people have started wearing it because cops have said we will fine you if you are not wearing.

Helmets - Oh cops there, wear it on. Pass by the cops, take it off!

On my way to work last Friday (I was driving my Jeep - LHD), there was this old man, on a two wheeler, without a helmet at a traffic light, right next to me. The conversation went on like this - >

Me: Sir - You don't feel the need for a helmet?
Sir: No, I am exempted.
Me: Exempted? For what?
Sir: I have exempted myself from wearing a helmet.
Me: You will be exempted of your life if you fall.
Sir: With a shake of his head, naaah, even the government has exempted me from wearing a helmet.
Me: Even the mentally sick are not exempted from wearing helmets, how can you be?
Sir: Grins.

Traffic light turns green, Sir zooms away on his Dio or Activa.
Old 2nd February 2012, 23:21   #3513
Senior - BHPian

Saw a home bred Sebastien Vettel race in the by lanes this morning. I caught him at the intersection and was shocked to see a kid around 3-4 years of age merrily seat hop while his father continued speed tryst
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:37   #3514
BHPian

Helmet -

Yesterday near Nimhans junction, i see 2 guys on an old chetak with out helmets. There were cops at the junction, the passenger passes the helmet to the driver, while driving he tries to wear it. I saw the scooter zig-zagging. I stopped my car just in time. They some how managed to stop the scooter before it crashed into a BMTC bus.

The mad moron had blinded himself while putting the helmet, and then couldnt control the scooter. He would have died/killed the pillion/crashed into the poor souls waiting near the hospital. ANy thing could have happened.

Bad driver ? Yes. But they should not even be drivers.
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:40   #3515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai
Helmet -

Bad driver ? Yes. But they should not even be drivers.
completely agree! forget being a bad driver, there are so many who dont deserve to drive itself!
Old 3rd February 2012, 23:09   #3516
BHPian

Shared on Bangalore Traffic Police wall for invalid number plate type
KA 51 MB 4356 - BMW - The car was parked in an inner lane next to Just Bake shop, 1A Cross Road, Koramangala 5th Block - Is this font and font size allowed on number plates?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-409080_10150530917991279_610236278_9004402_941960671_n.jpg  

Last edited by akshay380 : 3rd February 2012 at 23:11.
akshay380 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 18:22   #3517
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's one that I spotted few hours back.

Car in front of me driving at 40km/hr. Suddenly the driver removes the seat belt, turns back, opens the back door(the left side) to shut it properly. In the process of doing this, the driver almost lost control, goes to the other lane and almost bumps into a corolla. All this at 40km/hr. The corolla which was beside this car honks to warn the driver. Hearing this, the other car drives off in a very bad manner (cuts traffic and drives off fast redlining the engine ). It was a grey i10 with a doc emblem and the best part is - it was driven by a lady.
Old 6th February 2012, 22:43   #3518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubz View Post
Helmets - Oh cops there, wear it on. Pass by the cops, take it off!
And most of them don't even buckle the helmets. What's the point? They are not just bad, but pathetic drivers.
Helmet would come off even before the head hits the ground. Then the ignorant people will blame it on the helmet for not saving a life, and on cops for imposing a useless helmet rule.
Old 8th February 2012, 14:57   #3519
Distinguished - BHPian

This is the way we park our car, park our car, park our car....
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20120208_134254.jpg

This is the way we park our car...
As long as there's no warning!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20120208_134304.jpg
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 11:15   #3520
BHPian

Today I met a moron on Bike. He was driving in front of me and suddenly picked his phone and talking to someone. Without even looking he pulled right to avoid an auto to his left. I had to brake a bit to avoid him and just signaled him to watch out.
This gentleman took it offensive and followed be for few meteers and driving parallel to my left and asked
Him:What?
Me:You're on mobile not looking sideways before moving, both of us would be on ground now
Him: Athukku enna ippa (So what?)
Me: Nothing.. please go...
Him: Athuu... (then move on..)
Me: ........ It totally waste to teach these guys... These folks will learn one day the hard way and many won't be alive after that...
Old 9th February 2012, 11:41   #3521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reisender View Post
Today I met a moron on Bike.
Him: Athukku enna ippa (So what?)
Me: Nothing.. please go...
It totally waste to teach these guys... These folks will learn one day the hard way and many won't be alive after that...
He tried his best to die yesterday - he couldn't - so he is trying his luck today.
Tempelhof is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 11:57   #3522
Senior - BHPian

This might not be the apt post for this thread. But for a change, noticed a father son duo (son around 6-7 years) both having helmets. The child had a proper helmet for his head size as well. Wish we see more of them
arvind71181 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2012, 12:04   #3523
Senior - BHPian

I thought only the owner of the ritz was dumb and had parked my scorpio in the 3rd slot. The ritz owner had used up two slots and when I return in the evening to leave office I find a swift parked in the tight spot between my scorp and the ritz.

Left a note for the swift owner on his windshield asking him to use what little sense is left in him and not cause inconvenience to others. Between the scorp and the swift, bumper to bumper distance was like a mere 4/5 inches.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo00681.jpg
Old 9th February 2012, 12:08   #3524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
I thought only the owner of the ritz was dumb and had parked my scorpio in the 3rd slot. The ritz owner had used up two slots and when I return in the evening to leave office I find a swift parked in the tight spot between my scorp and the ritz.

Left a note for the swift owner on his windshield asking him to use what little sense is left in him and not cause inconvenience to others. Between the scorp and the swift, bumper to bumper distance was like a mere 4/5 inches.
Looking at the way he has parallel parked though, he might be categorized as someone who knows to drive (at least park) well
Old 9th February 2012, 13:10   #3525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post

Attachment 884893
That is quite funny because the ritz guy did not park correct and the swift guy though his driving skills are to be appreciated.

Not much use of parking sense and decided to park inbetween instead of opting to park in front of the ritz.

However it is unfair to comment without knowing who had parked ahead of the ritz guy.

Cheers
Prasad

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks