Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th February 2012, 16:40   #3556
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
The first three at parked properly and along comes the silver Indica and parks at an angle! Why can't people learn to do things right?!
While I agree that the Indica has ruined the symmetry, I would say that it's stupid to paint parking lines perpendicular to the walls. This makes parking too hard especially if you are parking a sedan and rest spots are full with other sedans. A lot of reversing and steering! What I hate even more is that in tight spots like this, people simply open doors like a Mercedes Gullwing and bang into others cars.
Old 16th February 2012, 17:56   #3557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Exactly!! The indica driver should have taken out a T-Square and ensured that his car is perfectly aligned with the rest. He/she has no business breaking such beautiful symmetry. Some people... i tell ya

Anil, you need to find a better excuse for posting your car's pics. hehehe.
aw c'mon! it just takes one dimwit to start a chain reaction. there is a parking attendant (of sorts) to help people park their cars (while reversing and stuff) to address this issue but people just ignore them and park however they like!
Old 16th February 2012, 19:35   #3558
Senior - BHPian

This incident happened this evening i was heading home.
I was near GM Palya, near Bagmane tech park back gate, Bangalore. I saw a rash black alto coming in opposite direction. since that lane was pretty narrow, i came to a stand still wondering where the gentleman is rushing to!!

What happened next was full surprise for me and the other people near by. the driver gave a cold stare and started moving fast i hit my right ORVM and also brushed the car near rear wheel, there was a loud noise and i came out and chased him by foot. also few bike riders tried to stop him but he was menacing towards them so they left him.

I noted down the number: KA03 ML 2068. I tried to SMS this number to 56006 to get more details and got to know following detail

Owner name is BELLIAPPA B M, Black Maruti suzuki Alto LXI.

I am contemplating what the next legal step should be. it was a clear hit and run case.

I am actually used to the fact that in bangalore, these minor traffic incidents are so common. but what is making me fume here is, the guys eyes showed a clear intention of what he was about to do to my car(i am sure he wanted to hit my mirror, if not the whole car) and he was determined to avoid people and escape.

It is such people who are nuisance to our society.
I know that this person probably stays in same vicinity since he knew the small cuts pretty well. so i will find him one fine day. Any legal help is most welcome.
rajshenoy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 20:01   #3559
Team-BHP Support

^^ I suggest you stay away from this matter.

There is no point in trying to track down this moron. Do you have the time, patience and inclination to track down every single nitwit who dings your car and gives you a cold stare? This city is full of rash drivers who don't care about your property. Their single focus and aim would be on getting to where they wish to go as fast as possible. Even if it may mean dinging or scratching cars on the road.

Such people have no value for money, time or common-sense.

It's best you leave the issue and put it behind you. Yes, you will have those 'nightmares' and those moments where you'd want to strangulate him, but don't let those moments overpower you. Let them pass and breathe deep a few times.

Your time is much to valuable to be wasted on such people, who aren't going to change. And might even get more aggressive and barbaric.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 20:38   #3560
Distinguished - BHPian

^^That would normally qualify as good advice, but I somehow don't agree in this case...

It's one thing to overlook an accident- those happen and everyone's entitled to the occasional mistake. However, NOBODY has a right to deliberately and wilfully cause harm and damage to another and expect to get away with it scot-free. @rajshenoy- my advice is to please continue to pursue this matter if you have the time and energy to do so. It's commonsense that criminals always move UP the severity chain- his next brush may not be as innocuous and may well result in someone being hurt or serious damage being done.

Suhaas, you can use your familiarity with the law to advise Raj on possible ways forward. He can at least file a complaint with the authorities so that this matter is on the record.
noopster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 21:15   #3561
Senior - BHPian

@Suhaas and @noopster

I actually find both of your opinion right.

Yes, i do not have the time and energy to waste trying to bring a moron to justice if i just follow indian law

But the fact that the person did this right across my street makes me feel confident that i will meet him sooner or later.

So i will pursue this matter, but at the same time i am not swearing here to take revenge
Old 16th February 2012, 21:20   #3562
Team-BHP Support

^^ Absolutely. (Noop)

@ Raj..

What you could do is approach the local police-station and file a complaint. You must produce the registration number of the car, and make a strong case for yourself. Pictures will help. And so will an accurately narrated dialogue of the incident. But what will help you the most is your ability to speak Kannada. If you approach the cops and speak to them politely, they will certainly help you.

The police might book him under Section 279 of the IPC: "Rash driving or riding on a public way. - Whoever drives any vehicle, or rides, on any public way in a manner so rash or negligent as to endanger human life, or to be likely to cause hurt or injury to any other person, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to six months, or with fine which may extend to one thousand rupees, or with both." if your proof is solid enough.

Get in touch with the higher-ups, if the local-cops don't assist you. Use the Facebook BTP thread to vent. It might just help.

P.S. Remember, without the registration number of the car, it's going to be pretty hard. Considering that the Alto has been the best-seller for a long time *grins* But it's good that you've noted it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post

But the fact that the person did this right across my street makes me feel confident that i will meet him sooner or later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
So i will pursue this matter, but at the same time i am not swearing here to take revenge
Ummm, are you sure? It certainly sounds like you're cooking-up a revenge plot, in the sentence right above. *grins* But jokes apart, remember, don't wait for him and catch him or anything. Don't take the law into your own hands. Nobody is above the law. So if you have a problem with a fellow citizen, you report it to the police. Much like Team-BHP. If someone flames you or abuses you or if someone's rude to you, you don't go after them and start an all-out keyboard war now, do you? That would be an immature way of dealing with the situation. Some of us may lose our cool, but it's important we stay calm. This is how life often tests us.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 16th February 2012 at 21:33.
suhaas307 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 21:25   #3563
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Suhaas,

Yes, i do want to explore options. educating such people to try not to cause harm to others property is my main aim.
Old 18th February 2012, 12:40   #3564
BHPian

At Karkari More red light, I saw a bunch of guys including the driver drinking beer in a Wagon R. I was about to take their pic and post in this thread or simply advice them not to do this but then thought "what if they spot me taking their pic, take out their guns and shoot me?"

So I pretended like I didn't see them and simply drove off. And that too in a manner so as not to get too close to them to avoid any chance of touching their car. They were not looking like gunda, but just like a bunch of normal office going guys.
Old 18th February 2012, 17:29   #3565
Team-BHP Support

Bad drivers. How do you spot 'em, especially when they're not in their cars and out to lunch?

Simple.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-18022012127.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-18022012128.jpg

Bad drivers generally tend to park, just the way they drive. Badly. Without considering the fact that they might probably be inconveniencing other road-users. And showing the apparent lack of respect for their own cars. So when they're not driving badly, they park badly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are three friends who just can't seem to be separated. I've seen these clowns on several occasions.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-17022012118.jpg
Old 18th February 2012, 23:37   #3566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Here are three friends who just can't seem to be separated. I've seen these clowns on several occasions.
Suburban and rural Kerala is filled fully with such clowns. The Hon. High Court of Kerala's ruling against this notwithstanding.

Last edited by rajeev k : 18th February 2012 at 23:38.
Old 22nd February 2012, 09:29   #3567
BHPian

I saw a biege Punto (TN registered) with team-bhp stickers (Live to Drive and I Drive Safe) today morning on the NH45 to Chengalpet. It also had a weird rear spoiler on it. The norm is that the slow moving keep to the left side of the highway and the fast moving vehicles on the right. This gent was overtaking from the left and incessantly honking behind 2 wheelers and was rash. Eventually he took into the Mahindra World City and I guess went into one of the companies and in the process continued his ripping. And he has a sticker "I Drive Safe"? I hope team-bhp does not get a bad name!
Old 22nd February 2012, 09:54   #3568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post

Attachment 890101
Can someone help me identify exact number? I can post this on BTPs wall.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday while going home from office I overtook a Mahindra pickup and I noticed that his rear right wheel was wobbling. Also observed that couple of bolts were missing. Pulled next to him and indicated about the same. The chap pulled to the left and stopped while I moved on feeling happy about possibly avoiding an accident.
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:01   #3569
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
------------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as I see it its KA42L1457

The alphabet L was arrived at after elemination...It can't be C,E or F because they are given for yellow boards in Karnataka
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2012, 10:24   #3570
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
It's KA 42 E 1457

While BTP's Facebook initiative is good, is it really implemented? A few cases perhaps, but they don't look into every matter, which is frustrating for those who put their heart into helping the society.

I've posted several pictures and unfortunately, action has never been taken.

But I have seen action being taken in a few cases.

So with the BTP Facebook page, it's a bit of a hit-or-miss thing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks