Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2012, 12:23   #3631
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Well a biker and an educated techie at it, we successfully managed to sandwich him between our car and the tanker after he tried this stunt. He tried to back up and get out, but a cabbie found his way there.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo0080.jpg

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 16th March 2012 at 12:33.
Old 16th March 2012, 12:32   #3632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Well a biker and an educated techie at it, we successful managed to sandwich him between our car and the tanker after he tried this stunt. He tried to back up and get out, but a cabbie found his way there.
Lol these incidents are so funny to look at, i dont know whats the rush, the other day in Sony world signal mine was the 3rd car from the start with some bikes in front, one fellow comes and honks to the bike in front and asks him to move a little in front, I thought this fellow wants to take a U-turn, but he just overtakes the bikes and then goes and stands at the start of the signal and that too on the other side of the white line
Old 16th March 2012, 16:10   #3633
Senior - BHPian

Today morning on my way to office, I spotted a blue Dzire in my rear view mirror. When I was trying to slow down near junction, I could see him approaching me pretty fast in my RVM, seeing him coming I moved my car to the left lane. After overtaking me, he was doing all kind of stunts to get past the car in front of him.

Seeing all this, I had a gut feeling that something bad is going to happen. While doing the above stunt he nearly crashed in to a biker.The biker started banging the boot of the Dzire with his hand and was shouting at him. What the Dzire guy did next was extremely shocking, he suddenly moved his car towards the biker in order to take him down. He did this thrice, and on the third time the car hit the bike on the crash guard, the biker came crashing down to the ground, the bike also took down an innocent cyclist who was on the extreme left lane.

I thought the Dzire guy will just fled the scene, but he stopped. The biker guy came running towards the car and they started throwing blows at each other. I don't know what happened next, but after some time the same car overtook me with the hazard lights turned on.

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures since I was driving.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 16:20   #3634
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Well a biker and an educated techie at it, we successfully managed to sandwich him between our car and the tanker after he tried this stunt. He tried to back up and get out, but a cabbie found his way there.

Attachment 903453
Dammn these bikers , they are a headache for four wheelers.
*They park them self in front of everyone at a traffic light, and rush when light turns green and in the process there is a JAM.
*They NEVER EVER overtake from RIGHT side it is Left side every time.
*They try to squeez in between cars stopped for Red light.
*They are in HURRY in every hr of the day and night.
In short they have NIL traffic manners ,I feel it is due to easy Bank loans to these guys to buy their own bikes with small amounts of EMI.They know nothing about traffic rules.

Last edited by IQBAL VEERJI : 16th March 2012 at 16:21.
Old 16th March 2012, 16:27   #3635
Team-BHP Support

^^ While I agree with what you've said, I'd like to say that the bank-balance has not much to do with people's manners on the road. I have seen well-behaved autorickshaw drivers, and badly driven BMWs too.

Today, there was a guy on a bike who pulled up next to me, at one traffic-signal. I noticed his riding, and I must say, I was left impressed. He did not swerve into lanes. He did not honk unnecessarily. he did not try and squeeze in-between the traffic ahead. He was riding his bike as a decent driver would drive his car.

That said, 95% of them are just very impatient and don't realize that they're not really getting anywhere by trying out such death-defying antics just to reach their destination 5 minutes early.

I personally know this thirty year old who isn't very rich. Comes from a working-class family and is not the brightest or smartest person I know. But he has something most people lack. Common sense. it's amazing watching him drive. he does the right things at the right time, and that's what is important.
suhaas307 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2012, 17:39   #3636
Distinguished - BHPian

Above all the things listed: failure to act on signals, or even red the road at all, eg overtaking a car when anyone with their eyes open and their brain on should be able to see the car is going to have to take avoiding action ahead, or the obvious, when the car is signalling to turn.

No, bikers! Beeping does
not mean that I am going to hit someone else to let you past, ok?

But sometimes it is the biker that really deserves the sympathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
... ... ... He did this thrice, and on the third time the car hit the bike on the crash guard, the biker came crashing down to the ground, the bike also took down an innocent cyclist who was on the extreme left lane.

I thought the Dzire guy will just fled the scene, but he stopped. The biker guy came running towards the car and they started throwing blows at each other. I don't know what happened next, but after some time the same car overtook me with the hazard lights turned on.

Sorry, I didn't take any pictures since I was driving.
If you had taken the licence number, do you think it would have done any good reporting it to police? Oh well, probably not.

You never see any good bikers ...because the good ones, as with any other vehicle, just are not noticable!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 10:03   #3637
Senior - BHPian

Another example of exemplary traffic sense, standing on the right and going to the left, atleast he has the left indicator on rather than the right and still going left

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20120318_112826.jpg
Old 19th March 2012, 11:18   #3638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Another example of exemplary traffic sense, standing on the right and going to the left, atleast he has the left indicator on rather than the right and still going left
And there is a board right there, that says "Follow Lane Discipline" :-D.

But in that guy's defence, I have had a similar experiences. When I have to go to some unfamiliar area of Bangalore, I check the map in Google and plan my way. But when I actually drive, I am lost. Then I end up in the rightmost lane because I feel I should take a right, but a biker or a rickshaw driver at the signal tells me to go straight. What option do I have, other than switch on the indicator and hope that others understand my problem?

I definitely can't rely on signboards in this city!
Old 19th March 2012, 11:23   #3639
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
And there is a board right there, that says "Follow Lane Discipline" :-D.

But in that guy's defence, I have had a similar experiences. When I have to go to some unfamiliar area of Bangalore, I check the map in Google and plan my way. But when I actually drive, I am lost. Then I end up in the rightmost lane because I feel I should take a right, but a biker or a rickshaw driver at the signal tells me to go straight. What option do I have, other than switch on the indicator and hope that others understand my problem?

I definitely can't rely on signboards in this city!
Lol yeah, i know from where you are coming, but incase there is a junction coming up and you are confused about the way, what I do is to stop before it and ask for directions rather than at the signal, since now a days signals only allow some 20-30secs to cross, it kind of gets annoying when someone blocks your way because the person is not able to decide where to go

Also, I have got a GPS for the same reason and either I follow it completely or I dont, mixing both causes issues.
Old 19th March 2012, 11:38   #3640
Distinguished - BHPian

The worst part about bikers is the way they drive in bumper to bumper slow moving traffic. I can never decide if the biker in front of me will stop in my lane or change lanes or block both lanes since all they do is criss cross driving as if he is really drunk. This creates a lot of confusion for the car driver behind since I have to now actually see the other lane too and analyze if this biker can squeeze in there or will continue in my lane.
The total disrespect for a car's ORVM is another grey area. In the process of squeezing through they invariably hit your ORVM or donate a healthy scratch at the sides of the bumper. Whats more mind boggling is the totally unapologetic expression after hitting the car!!
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2012, 12:00   #3641
Senior - BHPian

Saw a really irresponsible driver AND a parent/guardian in a maroon colored Ford Fusion on Bannerghatta road yesterday around 11AM. He had a kid sitting in his lap who was steering the car all by himself. The kid could barely see above the steering wheel and the guy was controlling the pedals i think. The way the car was all over the road, it was pretty evident that the dude had given the control of the car's direction to the kid.
I was too shocked to take a pic or note down the number. I shudder to think of the consequences of coming to a sudden halt.
Old 19th March 2012, 13:40   #3642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
I'm okay with such people who at least warn the vehicles behind them of their intention. Did I say okay? Considering the kind of behaviour I see on roads today, I'm grateful to people like him.

There are many times when people are stuck in the right lane when they actually want to go straight, its not really the drivers fault always. The kind of infrastructure we have in certain places one wouldn't even know if there's a signal unless he's stopped by the sudden half of traffic moving in front, such is the traffic density, most of the times its just a careless driver though, like million others.

There are some intersections where the right only green light turns on for the traffic of both sides facing each other and if I was in the right lane at that time I'd indeed take a right turn than just sit there and block the traffic behind me. Anybody blocking the traffic in such situations would be a real moron, but as I said, given the traffic condition today, people such as this Santro-wala would fall in the sensible category.

I've personally encountered instances in some crowded areas of Delhi where I'm standing in the right lane just because I couldn't move left in the last 200-300 meters as each attempt to go left was countered by either a biker almost taking my ORVM with him, or another car scraping me to avoid being cut, or the vehicles behind me not just honking but shouting at top of their voice if I was slowing down to let the traffic pass in the left lane before I move left.

I thank the fellow motorists of Delhi & Gurgaon everyday I reach home without a fresh scratch on my car. So much for being a car-lover!
fine69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 11:37   #3643
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Saw a really irresponsible driver AND a parent/guardian in a maroon colored Ford Fusion on Bannerghatta road yesterday around 11AM. He had a kid sitting in his lap who was steering the car all by himself. The kid could barely see above the steering wheel and the guy was controlling the pedals i think. The way the car was all over the road, it was pretty evident that the dude had given the control of the car's direction to the kid.
I was too shocked to take a pic or note down the number. I shudder to think of the consequences of coming to a sudden halt.
I think the father is teaching his son a trick-or-two on how to combat Bangalore traffic, right from this young ripe age. Because I saw the same maroon Fusion on Old Airport Road driven by the same kid this morning.
Old 20th March 2012, 12:15   #3644
Senior - BHPian

on the IRR (where one can take a u-turn) this taxi driver waits for the right amount of traffic and then cuts right from the extreme left to take a u-turn!!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_5440.jpg

you think only men can ride in parallel and chat at the same time? think again
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_5446.jpg
Old 20th March 2012, 15:18   #3645
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I think the father is teaching his son a trick-or-two on how to combat Bangalore traffic, right from this young ripe age. Because I saw the same maroon Fusion on Old Airport Road driven by the same kid this morning.
When i saw this, i was too shocked to react. But if I see him again, I am afraid i will end up doing something about it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks