Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2012, 08:41   #4111
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

^^^
Most of the cab drivers work on a small salary and commission per trip basis. The number of trips made per day translates to the significant amount. I am not sure about other cities, but Mumbai-Pune cab drivers get about Rs 200 per trip. Add the money from wayside people given a lift.
Outstation trips mean a fixed amount.

No wonder city cab drivers are always in a hurry to fit in more trips per day, even if it means longer working hours. The cab drivers also have their own network to ensure maximum utlization.

This makes a good percentage of them break rules qualifying for this thread.

A friend of mine got a Honda City for Mumbai drop while he booked an Indica. The City was going for a pick-up. The Indica driver probably made 3-4 local Pune city rounds getting money.

Sorry for going OT here.
Old 20th July 2012, 10:48   #4112
BHPian

I think the company cabs still work on a salary basis, while regular cabs ply on commission basis.

Whatever be the case, is it worth taking so much of risk to earn couple of 100s more ? I know each rupee counts, but what if something unfortunate happens ?

Further, I am sure whoever driving rash would also be driving under stress, i mean, he/she would panic brake, honk, face near miss situations to avoid hitting something/someone, etc. This would raise their bp etc. Wouldn't that affect their health in the long term ? Like blackouts, stroke, heart attack etc ? Do they even know ?

If i tell the above to any cab driver, i might be sounding funny to them !
Old 20th July 2012, 11:13   #4113

While I was learning to drive, my father gave me a simple instruction. "Drive on the road assuming all drivers & pedestrians are blind & deaf"

Over the years, this is a mantra I have been following & while the extra alertness causes a little bit of more stress, thankfully, I have not been the cause of any accidents till date. That also usually means that my useage of lights, horns & brake are more but I guess being safe & in one piece is the requirement of the highest order.
Old 20th July 2012, 11:33   #4114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
So much for trying to save 200 bucks will now end up appearing in court and tarnishing your own image. I am sure the lady must have had a bad hair day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinadJoshi View Post
It is obvious that this owner does not want other vehicles in the proximity of his expensive vehicle.

My 90 year old neighbour has an excellent remedy for such parking-impaired morons...he breaks an egg on the windshield of the vehicles that are parked wrong in front of his house. Try getting out of that mess
This is an interesting ploy to deter people from parking wrongly. I have numerous 2 wheelers parked near our house during the day. Situation is so bad that I have to go an park somewhere else if I am home early from office. Let me see if I can try this at home
Old 21st July 2012, 08:58   #4115
Senior - BHPian

Here's a moron who thinks that red lights are for stopping right in the middle of a busy intersection. And, emboldened by his brazen attitude, the young lady decided that she could also stop on his left side, and use him as shield against the fast flowing traffic from the right.

A tragedy waiting to happen. What if some-one t-bones into him hard? The worst hit would be the lady on the scooter. To top it off, despite the 'no-right-turn' sign, both of them blatantly violated the rule and turned to the right. Taken on Karve road, Pune today morning.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo0061-copy.jpg
W.A.G.7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 12:57   #4116
Senior - BHPian

don't think these need explanation, do they?
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_7030.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_7031.jpg

or maybe they do. see that Qualis in front? that and my car are on the right most lane of the left side!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 23rd July 2012 at 12:59. Reason: explanation
IronH4WK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 13:09   #4117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Attachment 960653

Attachment 960654

or maybe they do. see that Qualis in front? that and my car are on the right most lane of the left side!
Going at this rate, I think we can soon open a "WALL OF SHAME", just to post the cars/vehicles with TBHP stickers breaking rules. Not necessary to be driven by a TBHPian. I hope atleast that might make those TBHPians follow rules.(if the one is really a TBHPian). Otherwise we can trace out how did that person end up with our stickers and probably find some way to curb TBHP sticker brings bad name to the otherwise wonderful group.
AlphaKilo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 13:10   #4118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I think that is called an instant community decision to declare a one-way street!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo
the cars/vehicles with TBHP stickers breaking rules.
Wow, well spotted! I was wondering what you were talking about until I looked at the photo properly!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 23rd July 2012 at 13:13.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 13:27   #4119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
A tragedy waiting to happen. What if some-one t-bones into him hard? The worst hit would be the lady on the scooter. To top it off, despite the 'no-right-turn' sign, both of them blatantly violated the rule and turned to the right. Taken on Karve road, Pune today morning.
Ketan, unfortunately there are many such people I spot in that area. In fact at the same junction when I am travelling on Karve road (the direction which will tbone this moron you pictured), there is always someone who stops or slows down at the signal in the extreme right lane. Either to take a right turn or a u turn, neither of which are allowed.

One of these days someone is going to brake late or just miss noticing that they are slowing down. Or someone in the fast lane in the oncoming direction, oh forget it; too many possibilities. its like a pawn being surrounded in chess.

we will see the pics in the Accident pics thread. Causes in this thread here show effects in that thread there. Maybe we should have a 1:1 reconciliation, the accounting type
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:16   #4120

Bad Biking in Gods Own Country...

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-pic_1.jpg

He is about to be joined by other 'smart' bikers.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-pic_2.jpg

M_83
Old 23rd July 2012, 16:29   #4121
Senior - BHPian

saw this Audi A7 being driven like a maniac this morning on the Hosur road, weaving in and out of traffic, revving the engine hard, accelerating and then braking hard at short stretches, zig-zagging through traffic on BETL you name it! at first i thought it must be some rich brat who just got delivery of the car (the car didn't have registration plates), but to my astonishment i saw that the guy driving looked like one 'em drivers at the showroom!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_7056.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_7057.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_7058.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_7059.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_7060.jpg

i pity the fella who's gonna take delivery of that car.
Old 23rd July 2012, 17:00   #4122
Senior - BHPian

I am for sure never going to buy an Audi as and when I can afford it (working towards it). I have seen too many of them with temp no plates being driven crazily. Add to that in other posts somebody mentioned that several new Q3s, 5s and 7s being regularly driven. I am sure these will be handed over to unsuspecting owners as 'new'.

I have seen too many Audis driven like this by their drivers either when new or at the time of service, to ever think of buying one.
Old 23rd July 2012, 17:18   #4123
BHPian

Quote:

Look at the swift's number plate.
Registered as a Commercial vehicle - so he's /she's more than just a bad driver.
Old 23rd July 2012, 18:44   #4124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
saw this Audi A7 being driven like a maniac this morning on the Hosur road,

but to my astonishment i saw that the guy driving looked like one 'em drivers at the showroom!

i pity the fella who's gonna take delivery of that car.
Same is the case of Benz's. While travelling the MC road, had spotted multiple times, these showroom drivers driving those beautiful machines like maniacs.

Recently saw the news of one such crash in a local paper, where the showroom fellow crashed and burnt a 'to be delivered' Merc.
Old 24th July 2012, 12:24   #4125
Senior - BHPian

Because of fellows like the driver of the Getz there was a huge jam on the Palmgroove & Old race course Rd in Austin town last evening. If you see the picture the City and my car on the right most side besides the divider but the moron goes on the oncoming lane and stays put there for 10mins as there was already a huge jam in the circle.

When will people ever learn, just to save some extra mins they end up wasting other peoples time.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bad-driver.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks