Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2012, 14:29   #4126
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Same is the case of Benz's. While travelling the MC road, had spotted multiple times, these showroom drivers driving those beautiful machines like maniacs.

Recently saw the news of one such crash in a local paper, where the showroom fellow crashed and burnt a 'to be delivered' Merc.

This is the accident I was talking about;

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-s-class.jpg

Already being discussed here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ml#post2847289

Newspaper article:
The Hindu : NATIONAL / KERALA : Car overturns, catches fire near Edappal
Old 26th July 2012, 10:24   #4127
BHPian

Y'day late in the evening I was on my dio with my son running a quick errand and was taking a right near Usha apartments Jayanagar. Suddenly out of no where this black Scorpio comes in from of me and honks! I for a second shuddered as my son was standing in front and i quickly slow down and take the dio to the extreme left. The Scorpio took a right towards swagath garuda mall and speeds away. I keep looking at it and notice a LTD sticker stuck on the rear bumber the last 4 digits have been etched in my mind 9272.

My dear friend whoever you are just get one thing straight, this is not the way to drive around the city especially in residential areas. I could have stopped you however with my kid around it was not worth it.

Last edited by sumathindra : 26th July 2012 at 10:38. Reason: edits
Old 26th July 2012, 10:31   #4128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I for a second shudder as my son was standing in front
I am sorry sumathindra, but keeping a kid between the seat and the handle bar on a scooter is not a very safe thing to do.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 10:37   #4129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I am sorry sumathindra, but keeping a kid between the seat and the handle bar on a scooter is not a very safe thing to do.
I usually do not @bblost, however it was so near to my home that my son was pestering me to take him along and hence I did. Lesson learnt is all I can say "do not trust anybody while driving on the roads"...

Last edited by sumathindra : 26th July 2012 at 10:37. Reason: edits
sumathindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 12:39   #4130
BHPian

We should have a thread to post " accidents waiting to happen" .This one would have figured there.

Saw this at the ulsoor road junction towards manipal centre. The vehicle was transporting labourers and these guys were showing off. I had to keep a very long gap between me and them, as i was worried one of them is going to fall off either on my bonnet or even under my tyre.

There were few cops on the junction and no one seemed to bother.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img01932201207261048.jpg
Old 26th July 2012, 13:35   #4131
BHPian

Does anyone know how to book a BMTC driver for breaking rules?

Incident last evening near Ooty Chocolates signal on Kormangala 100ft road. The signal had turned green for me (on my bullet) to go. And just when I start to move, a Volvo Vajra accelerates from his line, which is 90degrees to my right (although the signal has turned red for him) - he was probably doing about 10kmph, so stopping was not an issue for him.

Maybe what I did next was stupid but I just wasnt in the mood to let him get away with it. I inch forward to slip my front wheel right in front of the bus so that he had no option but stop. I wanted to give him a piece of my mind, but then he already started mouthing off to me in the local lingo. Something within me told me that there's no point reciting an ode into the ears of a buffalo(the driver).
By this time, other selfish road users had already started using my cover to get away - what a sorry state of selflessness in this country! It's this 'chalta hai' attitude of ours that we've let these uncouth rascals get away with this degree of rule-breaking.
For some reason, I wanted justice and victory - call it road rage if you would like. A Volvo's wiper blades are so low that I could easily reach onto it. Sudden instinct forced me to rip off his wiper blades and this act of mine got him furious. By the time he got out of the bus, I had already sped away. Felt content momentarily for instant punishment that I delivered. But, a few hours later and guilt has got the better of me. What have I done? I am supposed to be a civilized road-user. And I've resorted to violent means. Was I wrong? But he was more wrong...
Someone help me...
Old 26th July 2012, 13:47   #4132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mempheS.D View Post

Incident last evening near Ooty Chocolates signal on Kormangala 100ft road. The signal had turned green for me (on my bullet) to go. And just when I start to move, a Volvo Vajra accelerates from his line, which is 90degrees to my right (although the signal has turned red for him) - he was probably doing about 10kmph, so stopping was not an issue for him.

Maybe what I did next was stupid but I just wasnt in the mood to let him get away with it. I inch forward to slip my front wheel right in front of the bus so that he had no option but stop. I wanted to give him a piece of my mind, but then he already started mouthing off to me in the local lingo. Something within me told me that there's no point reciting an ode into the ears of a buffalo(the driver).
By this time, other selfish road users had already started using my cover to get away - what a sorry state of selflessness in this country! It's this 'chalta hai' attitude of ours that we've let these uncouth rascals get away with this degree of rule-breaking.
For some reason, I wanted justice and victory - call it road rage if you would like. A Volvo's wiper blades are so low that I could easily reach onto it. Sudden instinct forced me to rip off his wiper blades and this act of mine got him furious. By the time he got out of the bus, I had already sped away. Felt content momentarily for instant punishment that I delivered. But, a few hours later and guilt has got the better of me. What have I done? I am supposed to be a civilized road-user. And I've resorted to violent means. Was I wrong? But he was more wrong...
Someone help me...

What he did was wrong. But 2 wrongs dont make a right !

What you did was destruction of public property, a criminal offence. And that was not called for.

But your feeling of guilt is appreciated. Its not easy to control ones emotions in such a state, but we dont have a choice, but to restrain ourselves. After all we are supposed to be the " Civilized" part of the society
Old 26th July 2012, 13:50   #4133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But, a few hours later and guilt has got the better of me. What have I done? I am supposed to be a civilized road-user. And I've resorted to violent means. Was I wrong? But he was more wrong...
Someone help me...
yes, what you did was indeed wrong, but what's done is done. the driver didn't lose anything; in the end it is you who has lost because you have a conscience. you've to find a way to deal with the guilt coz its gonna give you sleepless nights.

would you be open to a spanking session from your fellow TBHPians?
Old 26th July 2012, 15:06   #4134
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Does anyone know how to book a BMTC driver for breaking rules?...

...Was I wrong? But he was more wrong...
Someone help me...
Bangalore has this knack of being able to break any person, however sane or civilized he might be. I try so very hard to remain calm but sometimes, my blood boils. I was involved in an incident a few days ago and I'm not particularly proud of it.

Whatever happens on the road, one must remember that there is so much more to life than getting angry over something as mundane as an altercation with an idiot who spends most of his time on the road i.e. bus-driver / auto-driver / taxi-guy.
Old 26th July 2012, 15:19   #4135
BHPian

Quote:
Missed out this part. You can report him at the BTP fb page for instance. But then if you check his vehicle no at the btp site, you may see multiple unpaid challans issued against him.

I wonder who pays these fines ? Does BMTC pay it or does the driver pay it ? Either way there is no justification for a Govt body to first get fined and then not pay it either.
Old 26th July 2012, 15:21   #4136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
What you did was destruction of public property, a criminal offence. And that was not called for.
Totally agreed. But isn't breaking a traffic rule as clear as a traffic signal an 'offence' too? Not justifying, but I hear what you say mannubhai.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
would you be open to a spanking session from your fellow TBHPians?
A spank for me but an abracadabara 'kick' for the driver please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Whatever happens on the road, one must remember that there is so much more to life than getting angry over something as mundane as an altercation with an idiot who spends most of his time on the road i.e. bus-driver / auto-driver / taxi-guy.
This is more along what I'm telling myself now. Thanks.

Maybe as you all say - it's important to remain silent and keep one's head cool. A difficult one indeed, but I'll 'try'.
Old 26th July 2012, 15:31   #4137
BHPian

Quote:
Totally agreed. But isn't breaking a traffic rule as clear as a traffic signal an 'offence' too? Not justifying, but I hear what you say mannubhai.

Absolutely, Totally and Completely agree.

Breaking a traffic rule is an offence, which should be penalized. And the penalty should be bigger than a mere Rs 100 fine. For a BMTC driver, it should be as harsh as the driver being made to abstain from job without pay, but reporting to duty. For a traffic light violation , may be 1-2 day's pay, and so on and so forth. He would think 10 times before jumping a signal.

For an auto guy running through a one way, he and the auto should be confiscated for a week.

Punishments should be a deterrent for doing another crime. That's my stance.
Old 26th July 2012, 15:42   #4138
BHPian

@Memphes what you did was wrong. I realise the cause for your anger.

One biker was killed near richmond road few days back by a bus who broke the red light and sped ahead.

Your safety is your concern. In this selfish world noone cares about anyone else. What you did may have given you some satisfaction at that moment but it was wrong. Anger is he worst possible enemy of a man. Things done or said in anger can only make you regret later.

You may have pulled his wiper in the heat of the moment and ran off. But the bus driver will also feel angered and want his pound of flesh. What will he do then? He will transfer his anger that he had on you onto the next biker who does the same thing. And may potentially end up killing some innocent biker just because of your action. This is what always happens.

Ive been advising for so many posts and im sure youve been reading from before, that always control your temper. Anger never gives good results. Our citizens have become so much filled with selfishness that they dont realise stopping and helping some prove a point is going to help in the common good. Everyone is just I, me and myself these days.

What you should and every other person reading this post should do is learn to anticipate whats going to happen next. What will happen if you try to close the gap, what will one second of acceleration help in, what is going to be the driver's next move, is that biker going to indicate for his turn or he will just turn without the indicators.

These are some of the things that if one doesnt pay attention to only ends up making your already bad road experience worse. Once you start anticipating you will see that in turn you will start taking bad drivers in a lighter mood rather than turning violent.

For ex, suppose you are driving with a friend. You notice that the biker in front doesnt look like the type who indicates before a turn. So you increase the gap between your car and the biker. Once he turns and doesnt indicate, you can tell your friend, "Haha saw, i told you that idiot wont use his indicator" instead of the angry reaction like opening window and shouting to the deaf biker " Yeh kya tera baap ka road hai?(is this your father's road)"

Trust me this way lot of cases of road rage and angry young men can be avoided and you will return home safely without any guilt.

As for the current incident, no use crying over spilt milk. You may have got away with it but next time try not to do it. Think the bus driver may have to pay through his salary for the wiper of a volvo or for that matter suppose its raining, he wont have a clear field of view in front (due to lack of wiper) and may end up running over someone.

Please next time just think of your loved ones when angry and think of the good times and get home safely. Later use a punching bag to get rid of the anger. And never transfer the anger you have on someone on the road to anyone else.

And you are riding a bullet. You shouldnt bother about anything on the road. Way cooler than what everyone else is riding why the anger then.
Cheers. Keep thumpin' ahead.

Last edited by Parthasarathig : 26th July 2012 at 15:44.
Parthasarathig is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 15:45   #4139
Senior - BHPian

I had gone out for lunch and when I returned to office, I found this Swift parked in my parking slot. What's worse was that, it had occupied both our parking slots. In the pics, you can see that there are two parking slots marked by yellow circles and lines, both are our slots. This guy has parked his car right above the partition line, forcing us to park our car somewhere else.

This is not an example of a bad driver, this is an example of a foolish driver. Common sense is not so common after all...
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20120726-15.31.27.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20120726-15.31.51.jpg  

Last edited by raj_5004 : 26th July 2012 at 15:46.
Old 26th July 2012, 16:08   #4140
Senior - BHPian

We really need a bad parking thread. When I came to the office parking to take my car out this is what I found!!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image2758129746.jpg

How the heck am I supposed to get in? The fella parked his m800 in that non-existant space. Wonder how he got out!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks