Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2012, 12:04   #4156
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Was keeping a safe distance from these two idiots last weekend on the Banaswadi flyover in front of Mukund theatre! I guess these pics need to go on BTP FB page too!!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc_0059.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc_0060.jpg  

Old 30th July 2012, 12:10   #4157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Was keeping a safe distance from these two idiots last weekend on the Banaswadi flyover in front of Mukund theatre! I guess these pics need to go on BTP FB page too!!
you think those two are the only ones? look at the two on the left in the first picture - the two exits from the flyover are one-way and these two (and everybody) comes up on the wrong way just to get across.

earlier it was just two wheelers; now even cars have started doing this!!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_7100.jpg

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_7101.jpg
Old 30th July 2012, 12:22   #4158
BHPian

Yesterday ( sunday), i was coming back after dropping my daughter to her library. I was on the koramangala ring road, to take a right towards st johns and then proceed towards diary circle. I was 1st one in the signal. I see a white swift in my mirror, zig zagging through the scarce traffic waiting at signal. He was for sure upto something. He some how manages to squeeze past an auto on my left, takes his car ahead of me, stops almost at the center of the road. The signal turns green, I move ahead. The swift seems confused where to go. He rips of the road, as if it was an F1 starting grid, turns right and all of a sudden turns left. Donno what was in his mind, he goes straight towards the madivala road. He would have crashed into the divider, and to avoid that, he zooms through the right side (wrong side) which had couple of 2 wheelers, who barely managed to miss him. All of a sudden i see 2 kids in the back seat, kneeling and looking at us.

I pray for those kids.
Old 30th July 2012, 14:36   #4159
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP STICKERS are HERE! Post sightings & pics of them on your car...

Unfortunate sighting. Green Accent KA registered last 4 digits 8483 IIRC. Sir, you were at the Old Airport Road - Wind Tunnel Road waiting to take a U turn like a lot of us. Just that you could not wait for the signal to turn green and broke it with impunity. Granted such disregard for signals is a common sight on our roads but for a car literally plastered with all Teambhp stickers, it does send out wrong signals about the entire community.

Hope you will be a little more respectful to your fellow commuters henceforth.
Old 30th July 2012, 15:40   #4160
Senior - BHPian

two couples with their infants on two wheelers on the ORR (after Nagawara); the mothers were trying to get the infants to wave to each other!
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_7125.jpg

parked right in the middle of the road and gone!! this is the road opposite to Osborne road, Ulsoor.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_7137.jpg

teenager zig-zagging and riding very fast through traffic on IRR with a young girl as a pillion. none of them were wearing a helmet. this shot should give an idea how he was riding:
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-_mg_7149.jpg
Old 30th July 2012, 16:01   #4161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
two couples with their infants on two wheelers on the ORR (after Nagawara); the mothers were trying to get the infants to wave to each other!
Attachment 963537

teenager zig-zagging and riding very fast through traffic on IRR with a young girl as a pillion. none of them were wearing a helmet. this shot should give an idea how he was riding:
Attachment 963539
Pic. 1: If i were one of those kids, I would have shouted out to the other kid, hey buddy, look our parents are trying to get us killed and do some cost cutting!

Pic. 3: Why should he weave so close? There is enough space between the auto and the car, he can simply drive through it without having to prove the "rossi" hiding inside him. Or by the way, he wanted to be a weaver and since he couldnt succeed in that profession, is he trying to do weaving on road?

when are these people going to learn that its not just a school bus or a share-auto that could become the last ride for them (and their kids), rather even their own personal drive could have disastrous results too. Whom should we beat now, when one of these bikers/car wallahs end up loosing their life? We tend to beat up the bus driver/school management, but who should be taken to task in this case?
Old 30th July 2012, 16:14   #4162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Pic. 3: Why should he weave so close?
best guess - to impress the girl; but quite frankly the girl seemed scared out of her wits. when recovering from a 'zig' he would do it in a jerking motion before going into a 'zag' and one time i thought the girl almost fell off the bike!
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 16:21   #4163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
best guess - to impress the girl; but quite frankly the girl seemed scared out of her wits. when recovering from a 'zig' he would do it in a jerking motion before going into a 'zag' and one time i thought the girl almost fell off the bike!
Isn't the female counterpart impressed enough to sit in his bike? What more is he going/trying to achieve? Or is he trying to get rid of her?
AlphaKilo is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th July 2012, 17:44   #4164
Distinguished - BHPian

Hawkie, nice pics. Scary as hell though.

Yesterday we were driving on Sus Road which is a wide 6-lane, low-traffic stretch (naturally you see the most senseless driving on this!) There was a biker on my left with a child between himself and the handlebars (common enough sight). Suddenly to our horror we realised that sandwiched between the biker and his maybe 4-year old son
was an infant! The poor tyke must have been 7-8 months old and since he couldn't support himself Dad of the Year here had wedged it between himself and the older boy.

My wife stared at the guy like he was nuts but he was totally oblivious. He was obviously struggling to maintain balance- the poor kid was flailing about- and I hope he stopped before they were all flung off. I drove on because I had no intention of being around when it happened.

Are people ABSOLUTE idiots?
Old 30th July 2012, 20:05   #4165
Senior - BHPian

A Swift was going in front of me near Udupi garden junction last afternoon. A very sweet doll was placed on the rear parcel tray and I was adoring it. Suddenly the limbs of the doll started moving. A closer look revealed that it was a baby which is around 2-3 years old peacefully having a nap there. What kind of safety concerns does the parents of that kid have? It may be thrown out of the parcel tray if the driver brakes suddenly or a slight kiss from the vehicles at back may put the life of that kid in danger (I hope it doesn't happen). In addition, the parents were seated on the front and no one was present at the back seats.

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 30th July 2012 at 20:14.
Old 31st July 2012, 10:12   #4166
Senior - BHPian

Problem is most of us think accidents only happen to others and moreover once we get inside a car we tend to get a false feeling of security. Both these factors combined quite often prove to be very fatal.
Old 31st July 2012, 14:34   #4167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
whoaaaa ! That's very bad. He's going to end up killing both of them. Once upon a time, these stuntmen used to ride Suzuki Shoguns with loud exhausts and beefed up shock absorbers. Just yesterday, a similar case happened while I was going to office. Except the rider had no pillion, and he was riding a CBR 250 in the same zig-zag manner.

O.T.1: Sometimes I get a question ... Are these stolen bikes, which are used for joy rides and dumped when the petrol gets over?

O.T.2: Super snaps, can't imagine how you manage to do it with an SLR everytime!
Old 31st July 2012, 16:11   #4168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hawkie, nice pics. Scary as hell though.

Yesterday we were driving on Sus Road which is a wide 6-lane, low-traffic stretch (naturally you see the most senseless driving on this!) There was a biker on my left with a child between himself and the handlebars (common enough sight). Suddenly to our horror we realised that sandwiched between the biker and his maybe 4-year old son
was an infant! The poor tyke must have been 7-8 months old and since he couldn't support himself Dad of the Year here had wedged it between himself and the older boy.

My wife stared at the guy like he was nuts but he was totally oblivious. He was obviously struggling to maintain balance- the poor kid was flailing about- and I hope he stopped before they were all flung off. I drove on because I had no intention of being around when it happened.

Are people ABSOLUTE idiots?
Woooooh! Thats scary. But I know what you are talking about.
Some weeks back I saw another daddy of the year, on a pulsar with an infant, maybe 7-8 months on his petrol tank, the kid wasnt even sitting, he was lying on his tummy, felt pretty bad for the kid. His dad hasnt grown up yet, god save him.....
Old 31st July 2012, 17:58   #4169
Senior - BHPian

Saw an ink blue Swift Dzire with some garish stickers (non tbhp) yesterday. Now seeing it was bad enough, but to make it worse the driver was attempting all kinds of stunts and almost ran over two bikers in the left lane while he was trying to overtake an auto.

While I am at it, can I please request all car drivers who are reading this to be a bit considerate towards other bikers, pedestrians etc during the rainy season?
It wont take long for a group of people to catch hold of the driver and beat him up or damage his car. Which happened to the aforementioned driver yesterday, but I didnt stay around to watch proceedings at the friendly roadside fast track dispensing vigilante justice mob.

Last edited by selfdrive : 31st July 2012 at 18:00.
Old 1st August 2012, 08:23   #4170
Senior - BHPian

Two bad drivers -
[1] The Swift Dzire on the left was the neither here nor there category of driver. Stopped right in the middle forcing everyone to move to his right. He didn't want to go straight or to the right, he wanted to turn left

[2] It has become a trend in Pune, all 2 wheelers, will go and stand in the oncoming lane of the signal, causing traffic jams. Can't people wait 2 minutes and stay on their own side of the road? Why do they always have to go as much to the extreme right as possible?

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo0070.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks