Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd August 2012, 10:53   #4186
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
Have a bunch of bad drivers in my area...
A few pages ago, a BHPian has mentioned a solution that a geriatric person in his locality used to do (or, is it in some other thread?). Break an egg on the windshield of the wrongly parked car. It costs you only 3 Rs ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
As long as the Police cannot control the BMTC (Govt.) Volvo buses, they cannot control anyone else.
My wife told me this: yesterday she was in a 342F Volvo in the morning. Since the road is straight, the driver saw a big jam at Doddakannelli junction. The road is 4 lane with a high median. But the driver was far enough from the junction to swerve into the opposite lanes through a break in the median. There was no oncoming traffic, so he could go all the way to the junction. What happened next is unusual: the police constable stopped other vehicles and let this bus go first!

Yes of course, there is no point in making the bus hold, since it would block the traffic in the other direction anyway.
Old 3rd August 2012, 11:00   #4187
BHPian

The unwanted indian hurry, add to it, we never learned the art of patience. And we are used to it, and we have been given multiple opportunities to follow the impatience. So if my car bumper is scratched its my mistake, according to the IPC (Indian People Code) which is unwritten.

Once i got my RHS ORVM smashed by a scooty who was trying to squeeze in between two cars, my car was switched off, waiting for signal. So i asked him, why did you do this and ended up giving me a loss ? He justified saying, "Since you moved the car suddenly I hit it out of no choice. And next question was rude, he was blaming me for keeping all the mirrors open for style (aap style ke liye poore mirrors open rakthe ho, phir traffic main aise problems aathe hain) "

On telling him that my car is off and parked rightly, he abused and ran off (signal was about to turn green by then) Rs. 5000 lost in replacing the mirror.
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:00   #4188
BHPian

Here's a Police vehicle doing 25kph on the right lane, at night, in the rain, without any rear lights and the driver/co-passenger were sans seatbelts. Is it possibe to add any more violations all in one go?

These Boleros were brought brand new for the State Police a while back, with fancy stickers (Police Control Room Vehicle!) and red/blue beacons. But most of them have already turned into rust buckets.

And these are the people expected to uphold the law on our behalf!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imag0654.jpg  

Old 4th August 2012, 09:47   #4189
Senior - BHPian

Here's a classic case of how PMT drivers are bad drivers. At a stop light, you stop your bus on the extreme left. When the light turns green you rev hard so everyone gets scared by the noise. While everyone is zapped, you quickly take a turn to the right. Yes, swipe across right in front of everyone's nose!!

In the process you narrowly miss scraping the blue red piaggio tempo. Looking at his antics, the girl on the scooter was about to scream, but stopped short of saying "What the.....???" in disbelief

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo0080.jpg
Old 4th August 2012, 21:57   #4190
BHPian

A safari driver had a kid standing next to the driver side window while he was driving along a very busy narrow road. The Kid was standing on the drivers seat and leaning on the window. I was like .

For those who know Pune, this was at Aundh near Kobe and this strech is bumper to bumper traffic in the evenings.

OT: With so many bad drivres around we should start a thread - Good Drivers - How do you stop'em
Adi_k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2012, 18:22   #4191
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

I drove across the city last night from Indiranagar to VV Puram and had very similar experiences at all the traffic lights. Here's a picture from one of them - I reached this junction first and stopped behind the limit line only to end up behind a swarm of two wheelers who all went past my car and stopped right on the pedestrian/zebra crossing and some even further ahead! At the other junctions this behaviour was also exhibited by several cars - the worst part was some of them get right ahead of everyone else giving the impression that they're in a real hurry but when the light turns green, they're busy talking to someone in the car or on the phone and start moving only when others start honking

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-indiranagar-12th-main-signal.jpg
Old 5th August 2012, 22:23   #4192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Have you seen those metal stand like things used in commercial areas by shopkeepers to allow people to walk into their shops between parked two wheelers? I suggest that your society get a couple of them and place/ fix them at the extreme ends of the gate entrance so that these big vehicles cannot steer into that gap.

For outside vehicles entering your building, why dont you just agree to keep the gates closed and any member who enters/ leaves closes the gate behind them? If it were me, outside vehicles would get a wheel lock and a note asking to collect it from the same place next day. Let them do the running around. Nothing like inconvenience to deter them. Especially, if you cannot agree on having a watchman around.
I really liked the idea of those metal stands. But just outside the gate there is a footpath and even though rarely people use it, I am sure there would be complaints on us putting those metal bars. A good idea anyways and would be sure forwarded to the society meetings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
For outside vehicles entering your building, why dont you just agree to keep the gates closed and any member who enters/ leaves closes the gate behind them? If it were me, outside vehicles would get a wheel lock and a note asking to collect it from the same place next day. Let them do the running around. Nothing like inconvenience to deter them. Especially, if you cannot agree on having a watchman around.
Another great idea selfdrive. We do close the gates whenever we enter or exit the compound. It is not only the ones with vehicles but also when we get down we see that the gate is closed if someone left it open. I have seen people who open the gate and leave their vehicles inside. They go to the backside of the building and park it there so no one sees the vehicle. We are now planning to use the chains and tie the bikes around. The problem is that the matter can get bad at times and knowing that there are women in the house, it can get more ugly sometimes. Hence, the idea has to be used with some sense now! Thanks nevertheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
A few pages ago, a BHPian has mentioned a solution that a geriatric person in his locality used to do (or, is it in some other thread?). Break an egg on the windshield of the wrongly parked car. It costs you only 3 Rs ;-)
Team-BHP is a great place for getting many solutions to your problems. Another good one. Thank you rohanjf. Your idea is worth the try, but I doubt that the person will stop doing the same thing after the egg incident. The frequency may increase. Saying this because I have seen the same person park in front of the gate more often after arguing once with him. Seems people do not understand the right way. We have a saying "agar ghee seedhi ungli se naa nikle to ungli tedhi karni padti hai!". That means if people don't understand the right way, you should take the wrong way!. I hope that I don't get an opportunity to break an egg!

And sorry rohanjf and selfdrive for such a late reply. Was stuck in some family functions so couldn't reply. Had read your posts long back though. Thank you again for your wonderful ideas. Appreciate your effort!
Old 5th August 2012, 23:33   #4193
Distinguished - BHPian

Time: Around 8:30 PM

A couple in a two-wheeler was going at about 50Km/hr Speed(with trucks and other vehicles around + construction going on their left side), It looked like he wanted to make a call, now the lady takes his helmet off(obviously he would have gone with zero visibility for a second) and keeps it very safely in her lap. This guy took his mobile from his pocket, started dialing a number and was speaking. He was also maintaining the same speed, never seen a stupid couple like this, putting their life and others life at risk.
Old 7th August 2012, 10:20   #4194
Senior - BHPian

Today, early morning 4.30am, Eastern Express Highway, northbound between Kanjurmarg and Mulund.

A gaudy blood red Merc E class, flashing headlamps, cutting across 3 empty lanes, driving beyond 130kmph, bullying drivers by pulling close behind them, loud continuous honking and multiple head lamp flash. Most of the sane drivers gave way, I instructed my driver (we were in a Xylo) to move aside and let him go.

When the Merc blasted ahead i spotted a MH 01 number with a team bhp sticker .

Mr. Red Merc MH 01-xxxx. You have been warned. Please stick to your lanes and maintain road discipline. If you are drunk and need to vent, there are better ways. It is very easy for me or other road users to push you off the highway or the flyover, if we return your favor.

Our decency and civic sense kept you alive. And please respect the team-bhp sticker; if you cannot maintain basic road sense then stop disrespecting this forum by mentioning team-bhp on your gaudy ride.
Old 7th August 2012, 10:39   #4195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
When the Merc blasted ahead i spotted a MH 01 number with a team bhp sticker .
I think the connection (or otherwise) between having a Team-BHP sticker and improper driving is increasingly losing its relevance, since these days a large number of non-Team-BHP folks sport that sticker.

We can be rest assured that, that driver will neither respond to this post nor remove his sticker - nor will he change his style of driving
Old 7th August 2012, 12:13   #4196
Senior - BHPian

This guy in a Spark was overtaking with gay abandon and then had to retrace back for his bad exploits.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-baddy.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-dsc01398.jpg  

Old 7th August 2012, 12:41   #4197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
This guy in a Spark was overtaking with gay abandon and then had to retrace back for his bad exploits.
And he has no left wing mirrors!. He was trying to overtake an auto, comeon, Spark seems to have come from TN, and yet he underestimated the greatest threewheeled mobility vehicle on earth! Dug his own grave!
Moral of the story: Never try to show rant to a auto wallah.

Mods/Admins: My sincere request, please do something to curb the mis use of TBHP stickers. Either stop the sale completely or make the stickers available only to members on a condition that it will be used only on their vehicles.(sporting the stickers, means following disciplined driving!) although we cannot ensure it, yet we can make them realise its a must before the stickers being bought.
AlphaKilo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 13:14   #4198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Mods/Admins: My sincere request, please do something to curb the mis use of TBHP stickers. Either stop the sale completely or make the stickers available only to members on a condition that it will be used only on their vehicles.(sporting the stickers, means following disciplined driving!) although we cannot ensure it, yet we can make them realise its a must before the stickers being bought.
+1 to this. One glance through this thread and there are enough examples of ridiculous driving by cars with Team-BHP stickers. The name of this forum should not be ruined because of a handful of morons.
prkiran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2012, 13:15   #4199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
The usual idiots I saw this morning!
And you are not alone

They are here , there, everywhere

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img01927201207251632.jpg
Old 7th August 2012, 13:19   #4200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannubhai View Post
And you are not alone

They are here , there, everywhere

Attachment 966578
I guess auto rickshaw manufacturers must come up with models with a built in prosthetic leg or something for usage in such situations! (No offense to the handicapped)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks