Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2012, 11:57   #4486
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Saw yesterday in Eastern express highway while travelling to Thane from office a car with the driver inside making faces and throwing up hands in the air. He was obviously on a call and was pretty visibly mad with the conversations happening. On two occassions he let go off the steering and moved between the lanes. No signalling/honking deterred him from driving sanely. Caught him up at the Mulund toll and appraised him of the dangerous driving and all I got back was the choicest verbal volleys. God save him and others from him when the chap is driving.
Old 21st October 2012, 13:07   #4487
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Saw yesterday in Eastern express highway while travelling to Thane from office a car with the driver inside making faces and throwing up hands in the air. He was obviously on a call and was pretty visibly mad with the conversations happening. On two occassions he let go off the steering and moved between the lanes. No signalling/honking deterred him from driving sanely. Caught him up at the Mulund toll and appraised him of the dangerous driving and all I got back was the choicest verbal volleys. God save him and others from him when the chap is driving.
One primary reason for bad drivers being bad drivers is that they simply don't care - definitely not for others. Its absolutely not worth one's time and effort to try to 'teach' them the right behavior. They don't care about your 'life'! Do you really believe that they would give a rat's behind for our 'views' about 'how to drive'?

Life (and death) is the best teacher for suck folks. Let them learn 'how to drive right' the hard way. I give them a wide berth. May be we all should.

Last edited by SDP : 21st October 2012 at 13:08.
SDP is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st October 2012, 14:14   #4488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli

Sorry to hear about that, Manu. The dent doesnt seem very visible - maybe you have to live with that.
The pic is not doing justice, that's okay. I have to live with it and move on :-)
Old 23rd October 2012, 10:34   #4489
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Official Joke thread

Mod Note: Moved to Bad Drivers Thread
Don't know where this photo would belong. An accident waiting to happen!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-523019_263132993779661_732192676_n.jpg

Last edited by noopster : 23rd October 2012 at 11:03.
Old 23rd October 2012, 11:01   #4490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
That's insane! I hope it was just posing and they really dint take the car underneath the JCB.
Old 23rd October 2012, 11:05   #4491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mod Note: Moved to Bad Drivers Thread
Lol now is this is a trick question on who is the bad driver? Or bad spectator, that guy seems too close to the JCB
Old 23rd October 2012, 11:29   #4492
Distinguished - BHPian

Obviously a stunt, so, although it might be a stupid thing to do, it's not really a case of bad driving. Unless it's the JCB driver's idea to let someone pass!
Old 23rd October 2012, 11:46   #4493
Senior - BHPian

Seriously hope it was just a stunt.

But I don't see any operator sitting in the JCB cockpit. That makes me think that it could be a case of genuine case of foolishness too!

Just like this

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 23rd October 2012 at 11:50.
Old 23rd October 2012, 16:21   #4494
Senior - BHPian

Today, in the afternoon, I was driving from Kadavanthra towards South Railway Station (in Ernakulam). There was one BMW 525D in front of me. This fellow had stopped on the extreme left lane at Pallimukku signal. As the signal turned green, this fellow turned extreme right, and kept crawling right in the middle of the road, hogging both the lanes of MG Road, heading towards Jos Junction. He had both his ORVMs closed, and kept crawling throughout, even as traffic was building up behind and people were honking madly.

He finally reaches Jos Junction signal - guess what? He stops right in the middle of the road - atleast 50mts before the signal! There was enough space for a few buses to go ahead of him and stop - he would not budge even as people behind him honk asking him to move forward. The end result - all the lanes jammed. The typical, "I have a big car, I own the road" attitude was evident from the way the guy was behaving.

The fun part - there was a traffic police constable at the junction. He did NOT bother to check what was the issue, even as the entire road jammed up!!
Old 23rd October 2012, 17:31   #4495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
As the signal turned green, this fellow turned extreme right, and kept crawling right in the middle of the road, hogging both the lanes of MG Road, heading towards Jos Junction. He had both his ORVMs closed, and kept crawling throughout, even as traffic was building up behind and people were honking madly.
He stops right in the middle of the road....he would not budge even as people behind him honk asking him to move forward. The end result - all the lanes jammed.
Last Sunday around 1600 hrs, there was a black BMW 5 doing exactly the same thing at the same place blocking even the free left. One change was that this bloke had his right ORVM open. I had seen many such creatures at the bypass running through the centre of the road. Perhaps the adage own the road had pampered him.

Last edited by rajeev k : 23rd October 2012 at 17:34.
Old 23rd October 2012, 17:33   #4496
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Obviously a stunt, so, although it might be a stupid thing to do, it's not really a case of bad driving. Unless it's the JCB driver's idea to let someone pass!
Bad driving extends to what you do outside the driver's seat as well. Things like bad parking, making the road less safe for others etc. certainly fall in my book of bad driving!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2012, 23:35   #4497
Distinguished - BHPian

I completely agree. I'm thinking this was set up, maybe even on a private track rather than a public road. The car might even belong to a worker!

On the other hand, if I were stupid enough to do this, as a stunt, I'd take the pic with the car under the JCB, so perhaps it isn't a stunt.

All wild conjecture...
Old 24th October 2012, 13:05   #4498
BHPian

A new guest of honor on the thread here.
Was planning to go for a temple visit, but this guy has some other plans in store for me.
I get down at 12:12 PM and see this optra parked bang in front.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-abcd0012.jpg

Wait there for some time hoping that this guy might be around and come seeing me near his car.
Finally give up standing there in the hot sun due to some idiot making me sweat there and return up.
The time of returning up, i click one more pic, and its 12:29PM and no clue of that guy.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-untitled1.jpg

Sometimes I feel I should myself scratch their cars, but then I gain my cool.

It is a frequent phenomenon occurring in front of my building's gate, but this time, there was lot of space beside where the car is parked. Some may argue that there might be another car parked there before which is now moved.
At this time of the day, there is ample pf space available for parking if you go just about 50 meters ahead.

When are these morons going to learn?
Old 24th October 2012, 14:34   #4499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
....When are these morons going to learn?
That's absolutely ridiculous. On top of blocking your exit, he has occupied almost 1/4th of the public road. It would have served him right if some heavy vehicle had knocked his boot down.

BTW.... from the first image the gap appears wide enough for a hatchback to sneak out. Were you planning to set out on a larger vehicle?

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 24th October 2012 at 14:36.
Old 24th October 2012, 14:43   #4500
BHPian

Quote:
That's absolutely ridiculous. On top of blocking your exit, he has occupied almost 1/4th of the public road. It would have served him right if some heavy vehicle had knocked his boot down.

BTW.... from the first image the gap appears wide enough for a hatchback to sneak out. Were you planning to set out on a larger vehicle?
Yes, I agree that my car (WagonR) would have sneaked out, but as it was nothing urgent, I returned home. My building houses a Xylo as well and just like me, he too is fed up of these kind of people. Blocking 1/4th of the road is common in this part of Mumbai as there is lack of parking space.
If it was evening time, I can bet all my money that there would have been another car behind this Optra with the driver waiting in probably. But nonetheless, it does block half of the road leaving just enough gap for a bus to pass.

Last edited by carzone : 24th October 2012 at 14:44.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks