Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2012, 00:12   #4516
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Always remember, whenever you see a bus, auto or a taxi closing on you, just give way.
And when turning left or right, expect a biker to overtake on that side. It may be the guy's problem that he's risking his life, but it will yours if your innocently help him to do it.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2012, 00:26   #4517
Senior - BHPian

Looks like every section of the society (Cab drivers, tempo drivers, Auto wallas, 2.4.6.8 wheelers,)have been covered. So, Instead of just adding it on to the list, here is my take on TRYING to avoid these so called bad drivers (I dont consider them as drivers/riders in the first place, due to their lack of respect for their and others lives).

1. Times when people really get high (New years, India winning a tournament, ETC ETC)...avoind venturing into the night with your car/bike unless you really need to. Better safe than sorry, and I have personally enountered this on a new years eve.
2. IF you see two yellow boards out to get each others throat on any road, let them have their way.
3. Autos - I try to keep my distance, I strongly believe they are themselves not sure where to head. I remember a quote heard during my child hood, Auto's are like cockroaches, if then can get then head into any hole, they squeeze their whole body inside.
4. Volvos - Especialy the BMTC ones, looks like they have run out of all the good drivers and these guys still believe they are driving the ordinary busses. I have seen them drive these Volvos with such rashness that I feel sorry for the bus and if it could react, the bus would have slapped the driver multiple times...
dass is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 08:59   #4518
Senior - BHPian

Witnessed 3 bad drivers - 2 by me and one by my wife.

Wife on our Activa was waiting at a traffic signal on the ever busy Ghodbunder Road in Thane and moved when the light turned green. Suddenly from nowhere there came a car which bolted in the exactly opp direction and in the process slightly brushed the Activa which made wife lose control of the scooter. She somehow managed to bring the Activa to a halt from the wobbling and keep the Activa in the upright position itself. The driver was a female.

Today morning when coming to office saw a chaffeured Civic being driven slowly on the fast lane near the Mulund toll. Signalled him twice, honked but the guy didnt budge. So had to overtake him from the left, this I guessed pissed him off and he tail gated me for a considerable distance quite often driving very close to me. I slowed down coz I didnt want to encourage the Civic driver. When he passed I smiled at him and gave a thumbs up for which I got a smirky look from him.

When I neared Hirandani gardens at powai as usual there were some bovine characters on the road enjoying the morning walk and had to stop to acknowledge their freedom. There was a red i10 behind me who was honking like as if driver had to move to go the loo. I held myself but when the road cleared, the i10 simply cut me off so sharply that I had to brake hard again. Unfortunately this time the driver was a female (again).
ghodlur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 10:56   #4519
BHPian

Came across this bad driver today in a white/silver Verna (old model) bearing the following Regn. Number : KL 06 D 7496.. Immediately knew he was a bad driver / didn't care much about traffic and associated rules because:
  1. He overtook me from the left without honking / signalling
  2. He was trying to sqeeze his Verna on the left -between my car and the side walk where there was barely enough room for a 2 wheeler
  3. He ended up swiping my left mirror with his right
  4. He didnt know how to handle a slope as his Verna kept moving back - ever heard of clutch-driving on slopes?
  5. He had really DARK tints - couldn't see his sorry face
  6. This tops it all - he had a "GOT BHP?" sticker on right rear bumper !!!!

I think such bad drivers shouldn't even be given the chance to come close to Team BHP stickers - they bring a bad name to this wonderful community. Can we have some sort of "filtering" or "karma" points by which only deserving members are given a chance to purchase and use Stickers responsibly?

Last edited by bblost : 31st October 2012 at 11:17. Reason: Please refer forum rules. Use of foul language is strictly prohibited. Thanks.
vsathyap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 11:24   #4520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post

Wife on our Activa was waiting at a traffic signal on the ever busy Ghodbunder Road in Thane and moved when the light turned green. Suddenly from nowhere there came a car which bolted in the exactly opp direction and in the process slightly brushed the Activa which made wife lose control of the scooter. She somehow managed to bring the Activa to a halt from the wobbling and keep the Activa in the upright position itself. The driver was a female
Very dangerous thing to happen. Good that your wife was able to keep the scooter in control. Riding a bike, this is one thing that I dread the most
Old 31st October 2012, 13:36   #4521
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
Can we have some sort of "filtering" or "karma" points by which only deserving members are given a chance to purchase and use Stickers responsibly?
IMHO,not a practical solution. I am pretty sure that most of the Team bhp'ians must have done their bit of bad driving at some point.

Last edited by ecenandu : 31st October 2012 at 13:39.
ecenandu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2012, 14:09   #4522
BHPian

Had my share of bad driver spotting a couple of days ago.

It was around 5ish in the evening and we were stuck in traffic on the Kala Nagar flyover going northbound. Since the Kherwadi signal was red for both north and south bound traffic, the other side of the flyover was nearly empty. Out of the blue I spot a white XUV500 revving hard and taking a U-turn on flyover.

We were standing still on the ascend hence it was even more of a dangerous stunt to try taking a U-turn. But the guy after a slipping a few feet down desperately revved hard climbed over the median and turned to the other side. All this happened so quickly that I doubt the moron would have had the time to observe if any traffic was coming on the other side.

Thankfully there wasn't any accident.
Old 1st November 2012, 12:44   #4523
BHPian

Date and Time: 1st November 10:00 AM
Vehicle: Scorpio Black KA-05 MA-7776 with a Team-BHP sticker

The scorpio was packed to brim. Saw an elderly lawyer sitting next to driver as well. The traffic was not dense yet this gentleman was trying to get past everyone by driving in a non-gentleman way. Muscling past smaller vehicles and after a furlong, stops on the main road blocking the way.

Seriously, what's wrong with you dude? If team-bhpian was not driving, kindly educate the driver or please take out team-bhp sticker.
akhil_007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2012, 18:02   #4524
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsathyap View Post
This tops it all - he had a "GOT BHP?" sticker on right rear bumper !!!!
I say, put up the registration number here. Not that it would shame someone but basaically others in the area can be warned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
We were standing still on the ascend hence it was even more of a dangerous stunt to try taking a U-turn. But the guy after a slipping a few feet down desperately revved hard climbed over the median and turned to the other side.
Looks like someone took offroading a bit seriously?
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 09:16   #4525
BHPian

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

I got to write this, a black vento (MH 12) registration in Bangalore with team-bhp stickers proudly pasted on the back of the car. Dear BHPian I don't know if you were in a hurry or you normally drive like that. Whatever be the case please stay away from this kind of edgy driving. All guys on the road are not as smart or skilled to understand and accordingly adjust to your smart (read that as stupid) maneuvers.

Today morning you almost hit my white corolla from behind in Mahadevpura. Immediately noticing your hurry/impatience I thought I will give you a pass, but then I noticed the smart man driving the Vento passing from left at a turbulent speed on a skewed road. It's basic that when you need a pass honk or flash lights and pass from right. I would suggest you drive cautiously if not then atleast remove the drive safe team bhp stickers from the back of your car. My two cents take it for whatever it's worth.
Old 2nd November 2012, 09:27   #4526
Team-BHP Support

Re: My Rant on Bangalore Traffic (and now even a note of appreciation... its not all

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesomeone View Post
I got to write this, a black vento (MH 12) registration in Bangalore with team-bhp stickers proudly pasted on the back of the car. .
It might be ambivalent 98 identified here

Last edited by Vid6639 : 2nd November 2012 at 09:32. Reason: url not working
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2012, 13:19   #4527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
It might be ambivalent 98 identified here
Thanks ajmat, yes this was the one. I hope this was ambivalent 98's one off day driving differently.
Old 4th November 2012, 10:38   #4528
Distinguished - BHPian

Saw one of the worst and ill behaved driver yesterday night. We were causally driving our way back home when these two guys jumped in front of our car from left suddenly to take a right turn. These guys were riding the heavily modded dio which is very common in cochin nowadays. It happened so quickly that I had to brake hard and my wife almost banged her head on the windshield. I tried to catch them but couldnt. They knew this and seeing this they decided not to take the turn and started chasing us. They did the same think again and this time I managed to overtake and stop in front of them. I asked him the reason for this mad driving and he literally started abusing in bad language. I was in a complete shock. He was driving in such a manner and was abusing me as if I did the mistake (he was in a "I dont care" kind of attitude). When i tried to note his number plate, he just took off. I could see him continue his stunts (taking a wild u turn which nearly missed a truck). There were two guys on this modded Dio. I seriously wanted to catch him red handed. Anyways, I just caught my eye on his plate. It's a "KL-5 V" reg modded Dio. These were kids am talking about.
Old 4th November 2012, 10:51   #4529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju
Saw one of the worst and ill behaved driver yesterday night. We were causally driving our way back home when these two guys jumped in front of our car from left suddenly to take a right turn. These guys were riding the heavily modded dio which is very common in cochin nowadays. It happened so quickly that I had to brake hard and my wife almost banged her head on the windshield. I tried to catch them but couldnt. They knew this and seeing this they decided not to take the turn and started chasing us. They did the same think again and this time I managed to overtake and stop in front of them. I asked him the reason for this mad driving and he literally started abusing in bad language. I was in a complete shock. He was driving in such a manner and was abusing me as if I did the mistake (he was in a "I dont care" kind of attitude). When i tried to note his number plate, he just took off. I could see him continue his stunts (taking a wild u turn which nearly missed a truck). There were two guys on this modded Dio. I seriously wanted to catch him red handed. Anyways, I just caught my eye on his plate. It's a "KL-5 V" reg modded Dio. These were kids am talking about.
Where did you spot these guys?
Old 4th November 2012, 11:20   #4530
BHPian

Today morning around 2 AM while returning from Shoolagiri McD (after Hosur, TN) to Bangalore, Beige colored Scorpio (TN registration) with LTD was driving as if there is no tomorrow. Cutting between vehicles, overtaking every possible way. Got saved twice by long trailers. Also cutting me from left at high speed (I was at 100 kmph).

If you are really a T-BHPian, please drive safe!

As onesomeone mentioned,
please stay away from this kind of edgy driving. All guys on the road are not as smart or skilled to understand and accordingly adjust to your smart (read that as stupid) maneuvers.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks