Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2012, 11:09   #4606
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbkumar View Post
It really annoys me when someone jumps queue. For some reason it tends to provoke me. You should have told her that there are no signs for lots of other things that people are expected to follow.

Last week on my return from Chennai, was waiting at the tollgate to take the BETL. Due to the sudden closure of the lane I was in the toll assistant diverted me to join the adjacent lane. The car coming on that lane yielded way for me to merge. I acknowledged and joined in front of him. The moment it happened the car behind me ( a black santro with KA registration I think, could not see all complete number) just tailgated me and joined the queue ahead of the guy who gave way for me. This despite the fact that the guy who gave way honked and indicated that he wants to come. I could see that it was chauffeur driven (an old one) but the passenger on the front who seemed like an educated one was smirking. I am sure the poor guy who gave me way would think twice from now on. I was driving slowly below the speed limit to get a better view of this stupid, but could not get to see him somehow.
Its precisely for this reason I refuse to give way to most of the people around. Its like a buffalo herd, yield to one buffalo, yield to all.
Now with a bigger car to drive, I give way to who ever indicates or asks me. Lane cutters are still shown their place. God forbid if someone still cuts me off, the very next moment, when i safely can, I cut them off completely, then slow down to a 5kmph crawl, he/she has no choice but to slow down or have a Safari on their hood. This definitely wipes all unwanted smirks from the moron's face
Old 21st November 2012, 11:33   #4607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
From where did you get that!
Hilarious. Forget a RVM, the driver would have to get down and check anyone behind before making a turn
He's got a living RVM sitting right above him! Realtime commentary he gets

On a serious note, another new (and obviously dangerous) trend I've observed: Two-wheeler retards who think RVMs are TO LOOK AT THEMSELVES! Noticed this just outside my office this morning. A guy on an Activa (chappals, three shirt buttons open, Sallu-miaan hairstyle, the works!) with both his mirrors pointed to his face. And he's got the morning sun behind him, with the mirrors reflecting the glare straight at him. Squints, contorts his face, etc. but doesn't figure he can just turn the mirrors away for a few seconds! Ha! The mind of a genius!
Old 21st November 2012, 11:56   #4608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
A guy on an Activa (chappals, three shirt buttons open, Sallu-miaan hairstyle, the works!) with both his mirrors pointed to his face.!
I see this far too often. Well the same attire you described, face inches from the mirror, yelling away to someone on a phone while running a comb through his mush and out comes the shower of pan parag.

Such scenes are a must in most low budget regional movies.
Old 21st November 2012, 13:42   #4609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carzone View Post
From where did you get that!
Hilarious. Forget a RVM, the driver would have to get down and check anyone behind before making a turn(if at all they check!).

From the pic i thin it is carrying a long trailer. Is it?

How can a tractor pull up such heavy loads, and that too driving in the right lane. He must not be doing anything above 20-25kph.
It's a pretty common sight on Haryana, Punjab and western U.P. highways. The load may look heavy but it's mainly animal fodder (something like hay) which is very light.

I think there is a truck tailgating that tractor. Crazy I know !
Old 21st November 2012, 22:09   #4610
BHPian

Spotted this bentley an hour ago at the Qutub institutional area. The driver had stopped in the middle of an intersection nudging onto the oncoming traffic when the lights were red . As soon as the lights turned green, he zoomed off as if his pants were on fire !

Sorry for the crappy pic. Taken from a BB
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img00384201211212054.jpg  

Old 21st November 2012, 23:32   #4611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.bhardwaj
Spotted this bentley an hour ago at the Qutub institutional area. The driver had stopped in the middle of an intersection nudging onto the oncoming traffic when the lights were red . As soon as the lights turned green, he zoomed off as if his pants were on fire !

Sorry for the crappy pic. Taken from a BB
You could post this in the supercars and imports in India section as well! :P

Well, the drivers of such expensive cars usually drive them with atmost care. But, this guy seems to be an exception!
Old 21st November 2012, 23:33   #4612
BANNED

A common thing here as the bikers remove the RVM from the bikes so as to increase the looks of the bike (RVM's supposedly spoil the looks) and drive at 50-60kmph and keep looking their shoulders to see if anyone is tailgating or not before changing lanes or overtaking.

If you honk from behind while overtaking they look at you as if you have asked their salary!
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2012, 23:42   #4613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag

If you honk from behind while overtaking they look at you as if you have asked their salary!
HAHA! Couldn't agree more! This is what happens everytime.

And also, when you are negotiating a left turn, you will have to leave some gap on the left so that your car wont scrape through the pavement or any other stuff that's on the road. These bikers think that we are giving them way and overtake you through that gap. There have been instances when i was forced to slam the brakes to avoid hitting them.
Old 22nd November 2012, 14:09   #4614
BHPian

The cab driver that I travel with these days is one reckless driver, and despite instructions every other minute, he stays that way. Finally I had to call his owner. To my surprise, the following was the conversation:
Me: This driver is very reckless and unsafe. I cannot travel with him, please ask him to drive safe or arrange for another driver
Cab guy: Saar if he gets late you only will complain, that's why he drives like that
Me: I am ok getting late, I would not complain
Cab guy: But Saar he has to go for another pick up, they complain if he is late
Me: Then plan pick-ups accordingly. I need a safe driver.
Cab guy: Saar all are like that, no one is safe
Me: Fine I change the cab
Cab guy: Saar all other cab drivers are also the same
Me:

I have finally told him I don't pay for the trips that I feel unsafe and the driver has improved only to a very small extent.
swarooppatil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2012, 16:14   #4615
BHPian

A bit old but got this video today via whatsapp, and thought of this thread.
Old 22nd November 2012, 19:03   #4616
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmadhok View Post
A bit old but got this video today via whatsapp, and thought of this thread.
Damn

Thats bad and dangerous driving and pretty shameless way for bullying other road users as he has a big car.

Hope the sedan didn't have the windows open.

Anurag.
Old 22nd November 2012, 19:48   #4617
Senior - BHPian

^^ I saw this video elsewhere too. And the sedan did have its windows open.
Here is another version of the video, with some funny descriptions.
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t.../Road_Rage.mp4
Old 22nd November 2012, 21:24   #4618
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj
^^ I saw this video elsewhere too. And the sedan did have its windows open.
Here is another version of the video, with some funny descriptions.
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t.../Road_Rage.mp4
that's a good one

I think Clevermax had posted it on Facebook.
Old 22nd November 2012, 22:56   #4619
Senior - BHPian

What a place to stop the truck and fix the garland falling from the truck! It's a bridge!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-22112012774001.jpg  

Old 23rd November 2012, 00:31   #4620
Senior - BHPian

Had a scary experience very close to my house just now. Was about 500m away from my house and driving on the correct side of a one-way road. A man in his 40s may be, is coming in the opposite direction (wrong side) on his Activa with high beam, I dip the headlights thinking he'll switch over to low beam, but alas that wasn't to happen.

The second I was done flashing, this man comes straight in my way, does some crazy zig-zag driving for a second or 2 and then zooms off from the drivers side after showing the finger!

Can you believe it ? So much aggression all for flashing the headlights, and from a man who's to be more 'mature' than a 23 year old guy!

What did I do ? The minute he came in my way, I jammed the brakes, ABS kicked in and she stopped. No drama. Waited for the moron to get done with his drama and moved on, why spoil an otherwise eventful drive in the last minute for another low life.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks