Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2012, 00:58   #4816
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Today I witnessed a joker or profoundly low intelligence on Marathalli bridge on Old Airport road, around 9:00PM or so.

I was in middle lane and I see that the cab ahead is not moving. Then I see the car(santro) ahead of cabbie is not moving. A guy stepped down from Santro and went ahead dead in middle lane. Frustrated for 5 mins, I gave a right indicator to shift to right lane when it appeared safe and crawled ahead. I decided to check what the hell is wrong with this Santro guy.

Guess what, there is a Einstein on Activa without helmet right in front of Santro. It is stationary and the idiot is chatting away on phone in middle of the road. I guess the Santro guy went to ask him to move. Looked like the Activa guy was a local and he gave a rat's rear to his request and just stood his ground happily talking on phone.

I so wish the police wala couple of mtrs behind in busy traffic comes up and teaches the Activa guy some civic sense.

Hopeless!
Old 25th December 2012, 01:03   #4817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
There are a million drivers here I have seen who just have no idea of how to negotiate a turn and rules that must be followed while doing so.

I have seen many cars that use the blinkers just a feet or two away from the median gap and turn causing a hard braking from the driver at the back and on the opposite direction. Ad while doing so they don't wait for the traffic to ease but cut through the traffic and drive as if all was normal and if tried questioning they look at you as if their one month salary was asked.

The other mistake they do is after negotiating a U-Turn they continue to drive in the 'Fast Lane' causing an irritation for the high spped drivers. No one understands the need to move away from the fast lane and drive in the slow lane.

Anurag.

Sorry to hear that buddy but theese drivers think they are right always and you are at fault so Why should I say sorry. Overtaking from any direction is always seen but if you do the same they get angry. How is the car now buddy and is the damage seen and repair cost??
I think, the 's car's no plate screws made contact with my bumper, so I have got a pretty deep scratch there!

I tried polishing it , but one of the scratch is catching my fingernail , so I'll have to use touch up paint with a tooth pick!

Seems like I will have to get Marauder as my next car! Then people rear ending me will damage their own cars! hehe
Old 25th December 2012, 05:29   #4818
Senior - BHPian

I was waiting for the signal at Kadavanthra and a guy in a bike wanted to squeeze through and hit my left ORVM with his mirror. The idiot without bothering rode past. I could notice his number, KL36B5650. Checked in MVD site and the bike is registered in the name of a lady.
Old 25th December 2012, 10:06   #4819
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
I was waiting for the signal at Kadavanthra and a guy in a bike wanted to squeeze through and hit my left ORVM with his mirror. The idiot without bothering rode past. I could notice his number, KL36B5650. Checked in MVD site and the bike is registered in the name of a lady.
Can you please provide the link to check the vehicle details on the MVD website?
Old 25th December 2012, 10:43   #4820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Can you please provide the link to check the vehicle details on the MVD website?
Here you go : https://smartweb.keralamvd.gov.in/km...trationnew.php

Klub Class is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2012, 10:58   #4821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Quote:
Here you go : Link
The Kerala MV Department is becoming smart these days.
https://smartweb.keralamvd.gov.in/km...trationnew.php

Last edited by rajeev k : 25th December 2012 at 11:00.
rajeev k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2012, 19:23   #4822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was waiting for the signal at Kadavanthra and a guy in a bike wanted to squeeze through and hit my left ORVM with his mirror. .. KL36B5650. Checked in MVD site and the bike is registered in the name of a lady.
Quote:
The Kerala MV Department is becoming smart these days
It used to be smart. But these days, a lot many clerical errors could be found. Most often, registration transfers do not get reflected in the website. New registrations take ages to get updated. Some older series are not available. Very often, the wrong make/model/engine capacity/type/etc can be found. The best of all, the wrong name appears in the owner details.
Old 25th December 2012, 20:55   #4823
Senior - BHPian

Found this on the net. Dunno if we need a new thread called "Potential Accident Pics" Don't you think 180 KMPH is an overkill for our Indian roads?

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-speedo.png
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2012, 23:21   #4824
BHPian

I see a lot of cabbies trying to overtake from the left side. Today i was going on the right side of the road and there was an auto on the left side of the same road (There was a gap in between my car and auto). The ford ikon cab was in such a hurry that he wanted to squeeze between the auto and my car. He was coming so close to the left side of my car.

What do i do in such a situation? Should i move towards the left and not allow him or just allow him. What if he hits my car while moving to the left?
Old 25th December 2012, 23:40   #4825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
It used to be smart.... Some older series are not available. Very often, the wrong make/model/engine capacity/type/etc can be found. The best of all, the wrong name appears in the owner details.
Why I said smart because a lot of online deals are possible. That is all.
Regarding the errors you are mentioning is accepted by the MV Department as indicated, pertaining to backlogged data.
Old 26th December 2012, 00:32   #4826
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Don't you think 180 KMPH is an overkill for our Indian roads?
It's way too fast for photography, on any roads

My current bugbear: bikers that take up the road riding two (or more) side by side, often chatting. I'm a great believer in the right to drive slowly, but this is just obstruction.
Old 26th December 2012, 00:55   #4827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Found this on the net. Dunno if we need a new thread called "Potential Accident Pics" Don't you think 180 KMPH is an overkill for our Indian roads?
180 kmph an overkill? Its just a "kill" recipe. And not just the indian roads, almost any road (barring the Autobahn maybe). The last comment had something silly in it. It said dont try 220 kmph unless you have skirts?!? How does that fit among ABS etc?
amitoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2012, 08:21   #4828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post

180 kmph an overkill? Its just a "kill" recipe. And not just the indian roads, almost any road (barring the Autobahn maybe). The last comment had something silly in it. It said dont try 220 kmph unless you have skirts?!? How does that fit among ABS etc?
Yeah that didn't make much sense, unless he was talking about body design factors to make it more aerodynamic and create down force.
Old 26th December 2012, 10:12   #4829
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarunt View Post
Yeah that didn't make much sense, unless he was talking about body design factors to make it more aerodynamic and create down force.
No amount of skirts will help a Corolla Altis at 180kmph. From the dials the car is an Altis petrol.
Old 26th December 2012, 10:39   #4830
BHPian

Off late, I've noticed a lot of private buses stopping at the beginning or end of flyovers to pick up/drop passengers (in Mumbai and Thane). They create bottle necks. Most of these buses ferry IT/BPO staff. So much for their corporate social responsibility and "Call this number XXXX if driven rashly" stickers. A few taxi/rickshaw drivers and private cars have taken cue from this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks