Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2013, 22:59   #5251
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhishekB86 View Post
One lesson that comes out of this situation is that people have given up on acknowledging their mistakes. I wasn't as bothered about my Beat as I was about her attitude. I wish she learns the hard way.
Sad but true. These days most people don't want to acknowledge their mistakes on the road and instead go on the offensive - wonder if they think offence is the best form of defence
Recently, a guy on a 2 wheeler front-ended our car(!) - the moron turned right at a junction from the extreme right side of the perpendicular road just as I was turning left at the same junction (in the opposite direction) and he immediately starts shouting saying I'm driving rashly and not careful when turning.
Strangely, a lot of auto drivers were nearby and they shouted at that guy saying it was his mistake. Luckily it was just the motorbike's front tyre rubbing into the strong black bumper of the M800 so no damage
Old 5th April 2013, 00:15   #5252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Miscreants always keep an eye to engage in a drama and start robbing you.

I whole heartedly wish that she bangs right into a wall and says that the wall moved. LOL :-D
Hahaha. That had me in splits. Looking at her expressions today she's fully capable of blaming the wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Sad but true. These days most people don't want to acknowledge their mistakes on the road and instead go on the offensive - wonder if they think offence is the best form of defence
Recently, a guy on a 2 wheeler front-ended our car(!) -
Strangely, a lot of auto drivers were nearby and they shouted at that guy saying it was his mistake. Luckily it was just the motorbike's front tyre rubbing into the strong black bumper of the M800 so no damage
It is the first time I'm hearing something nice about the auto guys in Bangalore. Lucky you, the black bumper of Maruti is indeed strong. At least you don't have to deal with paint scratches.

The lady didn't step out of the vehicle to check the damage her car sustained. Guilty much?
Old 9th April 2013, 19:01   #5253
BHPian

I was driving in my Santro and i came across another Santro doing a slow 30kph in the fast lane on a four lane road. I constantly honked but the car didn't respond because of the high volume and bass they had which was audible to me who was behind it. Having no choice, i switched on the left indicator, moved to the left lane and overtook and saw 6 or 7 young men in it including the driver talking and shouting among themselves.

I go ahead and the road now becomes a median-less two lane road. Just as i was about to overtake a painstakingly slow fully loaded ten wheeler truck, these young hooligans who probably saw all the TBHP stickers on my Santro's rear and were 'challenged', zoomed past my right side in the middle of the opposite lane and all looked at me and screamed!

All i heard immediately after that was a desperate honk from a distant lorry which was in the opposite lane.

Any other fellow BHPians faced road rage possibly because of TBHP stickers?
Old 9th April 2013, 20:36   #5254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharc_biker View Post
there have been reports of road rage due to stickers from fellow BHPians more than a couple of times.
All we can do is hope these guys reach home safely without hurting themselves or fellow road users.
God give sanity to these creatures.
Old 9th April 2013, 20:47   #5255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharc_biker View Post
I must have been the 1st one to experience this.Check the tbhp sticker spotting thread, page 128 onwards.
There is an infamous blue esteem, bangalore registered and the number is something like ka01 z90 or z99.
Old 10th April 2013, 09:06   #5256
Senior - BHPian

Had a hilarious experience on Monday to work. The signal at the RV college turned green to signal my entry into the Ashoka Pillar road in Jayanagar. I was beside an Alto and we both started to move. Now this Omni cargo van started off from Trinity heart foundation side even though the signal was red and barged across us. I saw this foolish move and slowed down, but the Alto had to resort to emergency braking to avoid and stopped in the way. I managed to go around the Alto and spotted this van now behind a Driving school car and managed to squeeze him behind and made him go at 15kmph. The smart guy started to fall behind do that he can overtake me and run away. Just then I saw this Alto come along side and we managed to move this cavalcade till Ashoka pillar in the same way but not to trouble other motorists at the same time and teach this guy a lesson in his own den. By this time all the vehicles from the Trinity side had overtaken us all and left this guy in Omni red faced. Hope he had learnt the lesson of the day.
unk9ja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 13:33   #5257
Team-BHP Support

Saw a blue Mercedes climbing the Narne Hill road (Hyderabad) at around 12:30 PM today.

Car was full of kids wearing a reddish uniform. Sun roof was open and the kids were standing with half of their bodies outside.

Car was being driven in a rash manner.

I don't think a parent was present in the car. Because I don't think even the stupidest parent is that stupid.
Old 15th April 2013, 14:20   #5258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don't think even the stupidest parent is that stupid.
Sadly, they can be, and neither money nor "education" necessarily makes any difference.

I might get thrown out of T-BHP for saying this but while people of any age treat cars and bikes as toys, this stuff will go on.
Old 15th April 2013, 16:17   #5259
Senior - BHPian

This is a incident of a Bad Driver & a Funny Driver.

Bad Driver/Rider: Two blokes on Activa loaded with construction material going on the inner ring road towards Indiranagar side in Bangalore. They are on the left lane and since I need to go under the fly over I am also on the left lane. About 50 ft from the fly over the Activa driver seems confused on whether to go under or over and ended up stopping the bike all together in the middle of the road. I guess the rider saw my car in the RVM because he moved closer to the upward ramp of the flyover while stopping. I just smile at the guys peril and moved on. Indecision at its best.

Funny Driver: On the same above incident there was a K10 Alto following me and as soon as I came to a dead halt due to the Activa, starts honking and flashing lights like the car rear end is on fire. Once I start moving ahead as the situation clears the Alto becomes all quite and orderly
Old 15th April 2013, 17:06   #5260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post

Funny Driver: On the same above incident there was a K10 Alto following me and as soon as I came to a dead halt due to the Activa, starts honking and flashing lights like the car rear end is on fire. Once I start moving ahead as the situation clears the Alto becomes all quite and orderly
Come on, don't tell me you didn't know about this method of "energy transfer".

The alto was honestly trying to help you assuming you were stranded. Flashing and honking incessantly transfers power from the other car to yours, and makes it move.

Good natured bikers and auto-wallahs try to help you gain extra acceleration during signal stops in this manner. SUVs are the best. They do this when you have no space on the side to let them go ahead. The more jammed you are, the more incessant this becomes. They strongly believe that enough energy will be transferred to your car making it fly vertically to let them pass. Such kind souls!
Binzone is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 18:52   #5261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Saw a blue Mercedes ....

I don't think a parent was present in the car. Because I don't think even the stupidest parent is that stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Sadly, they can be, .
Parents aren't the smartest, because that necessarily is not a qualification to be a parent.

I saw such a "smart " parent the other day :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ml#post3080520
Old 16th April 2013, 01:36   #5262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I saw such a "smart " parent the other day

When I read bblost's post, I knew I'd seen something very like it recently.
Old 19th April 2013, 08:38   #5263
Senior - BHPian

A bad driver can generally be one who drives the vehicle in a manner causing inconvenience to the public at large and no respect to rules and regulations that are in place.

I have found another bad driver who did not violate the above but does in a manner that can spoil the vehicle itself and that too some body else's car. The car happened to be an Audi A4 with an auto tranny.

The bloke tried to start first by fiddling with the controls and switches. (The car has Key less start) Then applied brakes with the left leg and accelerated and the vehicle jumped and engine stopped not once but several times. I went near and peeped in. The guy was keeping his left leg on the brake pedal and the right led on the throttle control.
A second valet arrived with guidance but complicated further. Then the third one arrived. Too many cooky idiots spoiling a nice car. The show went on for almost ten minutes.

I really pity the owner. The car definitely belong to a customer and not the shop owner for sure. I pity the owner.

The scenes are from in front of a Textile Shop on MG Road at Kochi.

This doubly points to the fact that be very very careful in handing over the car keys for valet parking.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bd-.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bdb.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bdc.jpg  

Last edited by rajeev k : 19th April 2013 at 08:48.
rajeev k is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 09:17   #5264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k
be very very careful in handing over the car keys for valet parking.
Actually many of us (including me) never ever give our car for valet parking - I believe there is even a thread on that. My friends / colleagues find it funny that I park on my own, but I would rather not trust my car with someone I don't know. BTW, Cochin looks neat.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em ?
It is not that tough - check out the bus-driver in the snap who created and unnecessary traffic jam for 30mins or so by trying to be smart and thinking he could save a few seconds. Idiot.
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20130406-11.02.28.jpg

Not sure if it is a characteristic all over Kerala, but near my place, I see that people on both sides of a closed railway gate are allergic to stay on their side of the road.
Instead they crowd all over the road and by the time the gate opens, everyone is blocked & no one is going anywhere. Literacy obviously does not translate into common-sense.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 19th April 2013 at 09:18.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2013, 09:40   #5265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Not sure if it is a characteristic all over Kerala, but near my place, I see that people on both sides of a closed railway gate are allergic to stay on their side of the road.
Instead they crowd all over the road and by the time the gate opens, everyone is blocked & no one is going anywhere. Literacy obviously does not translate into common-sense.
So this is catching up in Kerala too. Good good. The traffic behaviour should be consistent all over India, so that foreigners are not confused.
This is a common scene in Bangalore. Usually the public transport buses, tippers and sand-laden lorries do such things. Worst part is, they get the first chance to proceed the moment the gates open!
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks