Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2013, 11:37   #5536
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
These idiots trying to break the signal stopped only when they realized Traffic Police standing right across the street. Do we need police every now and then to make sure that one follows the rules?

Attachment 1121803
They can still be fined for waiting beyond the zebra crossing. I believe the fine is Rs.100 for this offence. But then the only offence cops know today is sun films, in fact, the cops have stopped asking for licence, PUC and insurance paper's nowadays. All they look for are sun films & of course signal jumper's.
amit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 11:46   #5537
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Came across this on FB.

Appreciate the guys sense of humor!

Mods: Please delete if its inappropriate as per forum rules.
That is amazing sense of humour. The humiliation will make sure that the owner does not park carelessly in future...unless he likes the freebies!
Old 8th August 2013, 12:24   #5538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post

That is amazing sense of humour. The humiliation will make sure that the owner does not park carelessly in future...unless he likes the freebies!
In India people love freebies! Doesn't matter in what shape n size it comes in. Even if its used, they don't mind

Sorry.. Another post from FB

Seriously, every time I get this feeling!!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-image3822846027.jpg  

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 8th August 2013 at 12:27.
Old 11th August 2013, 21:34   #5539
Distinguished - BHPian

This is on the NICE road exit towards Silk Board. Its a "No U turn" , but 4 cars decided to test their turning radius blocking the traffic.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo0e015optimized.jpg  

Old 11th August 2013, 21:44   #5540
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
This is on the NICE road exit towards Silk Board. Its a "No U turn" , but 4 cars decided to test their turning radius blocking the traffic.
But logically and legally it is a Service Road which will allows traffic flow on both directions. So they can take a U-Turn to join the service road. Deadlock.
Incase the NICE Exit merged the main road, then these people could not take U-Turns. Planning error, ehh..

In my opinion, the concept of Service Road should be removed. Its a menace when high speed traffic flows on opposite directions on a narrow patch of road called service road.
Old 11th August 2013, 22:38   #5541
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
But logically and legally it is a Service Road which will allows traffic flow on both directions. So they can take a U-Turn to join the service road. Deadlock.
Incase the NICE Exit merged the main road, then these people could not take U-Turns. Planning error, ehh..

In my opinion, the concept of Service Road should be removed. Its a menace when high speed traffic flows on opposite directions on a narrow patch of road called service road.

People take this "U turn" to avoid the traffic at EC exit especially during the peak hours.
Yes, this is a high speed service lane. I have seen people doing crazy speeds on this service lane. Also, its a puzzle to follow the signals when you take this service lane, at least for me .
Old 12th August 2013, 08:59   #5542
Senior - BHPian

Look at these. Pune = Daily Traffic Jam = 2 wheeler riders now driving on footpaths!

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20130801_20270511.jpg

Some people have a hard time reading some basic signs.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-20130803_130516.jpg
Old 14th August 2013, 14:12   #5543
BHPian

Quote:
Came across this on FB.

Well given the fact it is not in India the freebie would be collected by the owner of the car but am sure in India it will be anybodys guess.
Old 15th August 2013, 20:28   #5544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Watch this video 25 seconds onwards.

The gentleman in the Maruti decided that he wanted to eat at a roadside stall. He stops in the middle of the road and blocks one lane to satisfy his urge to eat. There is quite a number of vehicles honking behind him but he does not care and continues to eat. This is one typical example of a moron on the streets of Shillong.
What on-board camera are you using?

-- Torqy
Old 16th August 2013, 09:04   #5545
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
What on-board camera are you using?

-- Torqy
http://www.blackvueusa.com/DR500GW-HD.html
SumitB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 11:16   #5546
BHPian

Couple of weeks back , My Cousin and I were on elevated toll road. It was around 6:00 in the evening and raining. The traffic was pretty dense but most vehicles were doing sane speeds. There was a Swift ahead of our Pajero and a Fiesta to our right. All doing 70-80 kmph. Thats when I spotted flashing headlights in my RVM and constant honking followed. Soon I could see an AP registered Scorpio. He desperately wanted to pass me , I couldn't move immediately coz there was no space. Finally he squeezed between the Fiesta and Pajero and gave me an ugly grin.

My cousin said something to me , but I missed it as I was busy figuring out which is loudest , His Horn / noise from his ill maintained engine or Kashmir mein tu Kanyakumari which he was playing so loud , someone in Kashmir could have heard it.

Anyway the guy continued rash overtaking , bullying smaller vehicles , irritating bigger ones, At one point almost taking down two bikers. I am sure his parents would have felt sick that day as many a road user were mentioning them once he passed.

But after all these stunts we caught up with him at the signal before Madiwala. The guy might be thinking the horn pad is a multipurpose device which turns a red signal to green , make vehicles ahead of him disappear and give his vehicle a nitro boost. Once the Signal turned green he continued his antics. He went to the extreme right lane , where vehicles were waiting for signal to turn towards St.John's , seeing the lane blocked he cut left almost taking out two ricks , both praising his parents again.

Finally we were parallel with him at the Forum signal. My cousin told him to drive safe as he is being unsafe to himself and others. He replied "I am in a hurry". My Cousin replied with all this heroics , you are just reaching the next signal first and waiting there. He wanted to say something but didn't (Probably coz my cousin looks every bit the Air Force officer he is). His passenger -GF/Wife - gave us a thanking smile. From there he went straight and we took a right.

Later that evening, I saw the same guy at Garuda Mall getting shouted at for trying to make his own queue at the food counter at Inox. Is there some phobia which prevents people from following lanes/queues or just bad upbringing ?

Last edited by JoeMichael : 16th August 2013 at 11:30.
Old 16th August 2013, 12:35   #5547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMichael View Post
Is there some phobia which prevents people from following lanes/queues or just bad upbringing ?
Well narrated. I would have probably stopped him and given him a piece of my mind.

Plain arrogance, disrespect towards fellow motorists, bratish behavior and assuming that they own the roads and law, makes such morons exist on our roads. Such guys should be taken behind bars and a good thrashing will bring some good brains hopefully. Disgusting morons...

Last edited by sumathindra : 16th August 2013 at 12:36. Reason: edits
Old 16th August 2013, 13:23   #5548
BHPian

Quote:
Couple of weeks back , My Cousin and I were on elevated toll road. It was around 6:00 in the evening and raining. The traffic was pretty dense but most vehicles were doing sane speeds. There was a Swift ahead of our Pajero and a Fiesta to our right. All doing 70-80 kmph. Thats when I spotted flashing headlights in my RVM and constant honking followed. Soon I could see an AP registered Scorpio. He desperately wanted to pass me , I couldn't move immediately coz there was no space. Finally he squeezed between the Fiesta and Pajero and gave me an ugly grin.

My cousin said something to me , but I missed it as I was busy figuring out which is loudest , His Horn / noise from his ill maintained engine or Kashmir mein tu Kanyakumari which he was playing so loud , someone in Kashmir could have heard it.

Later that evening, I saw the same guy at Garuda Mall getting shouted at for trying to make his own queue at the food counter at Inox. Is there some phobia which prevents people from following lanes/queues or just bad upbringing ?
Joe Michael

Welcome to Hyderabad: The land of Rude/ Rash/ Irresponsible / Uncouth Drivers. This is how majority of people in Hyderabad drive. Typical AP drivers ( ranging from Nano to Bentley) are basically auto-rickshaw drivers with money. Educated or not ,they have very little class.

Its sad that a resource rich state like this produces such low quality people. I feel that there is a need for a mandatory "finishing school program" over here. People are so inconsiderate over here and this is not restricted to road manners.

Primarily, it is a combination of bad upbringing and poor rules implementation. People pay no attention to rules. Traffic cops hardly ever catch someone breaking the law. They always seem to be content with soft targets ( Catching some 2 wheeler driver who is wearing a helmet and driving properly).

And when they do catch someone, that person happily dials some bigwig's number and tries to wriggle through.
I saw the cop catch a Ford Fiesta come in the wrong way. The driver instead of being ashamed , boasts that the Superintendent of police is his relative and demands to be let free.

Last edited by dreadknight5 : 16th August 2013 at 13:29. Reason: grammar correction
Old 16th August 2013, 13:24   #5549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Couple of weeks back , My Cousin and I were on elevated toll road.
Well penned , especially the parents part

This was a huge co-incidence seeing the 'dude' again and it just proves that it is each one's actual character and attitude in life that comes out on the road as well when driving.

Regards
Old 16th August 2013, 14:49   #5550
BHPian

Quote:
Came across this on FB.

Awesome!! I am going to print a few like this and keep it handy. Every evening I find some nut case plonking his\her car in front of my gate. These nut cases are regular morons. Repeated requests fall on deaf ears. One day, I removed the jack-rod from my car and threatened to break his windshield.

I think leaving such a note everyday printed with huge fonts should help me solve the problem.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks