Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2013, 12:24   #5656
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Hopeless. No manners. Bad creatures. No point in even trying to talk to them, they are vicious looking, evil, uneducated, thuggish characters whom one does not wish to tangle with as an outsider and as a mere visitor to that part of the country.
Right decision Shankar, after honing my driving skills in that part of the country what I can say is talking to these "creatures" as you put it may lead to more than just dents / scratches in the car.
Old 12th September 2013, 12:28   #5657
Senior - BHPian

MVD asking what is the offence takes the cake! Such a blatant rule breaker and they seem clueless?!
Old 12th September 2013, 17:24   #5658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Here is one more, with kid(may be around 2 years old) on the drivers lap, this is not only a violation but putting others life on danger as well. This was on the busy bannerghatta road, bangalore.
See this quite often, even with people in my apartment. I have tried to "advise" one of them whom I know, but I still see him doing the same. It irritates, but then I feel sorry for them in the end.
Old 12th September 2013, 17:30   #5659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Note the wickedly neat manner in which first the little Swift and then the bigger Duster both barged in directly in front of the car I was travelling in...

Hopeless. No manners. Bad creatures. No point in even trying to talk to them, they are vicious looking, evil, uneducated, thuggish characters whom one does not wish to tangle with as an outsider and as a mere visitor to that part of the country.
+1 to this sir. I have noticed such kind of an attitude and behavior at most of the Toll Plazas, especially Ulundurpet. When you are heading back home after a long and tired road trip, these kind of morons further irritate you!
Old 12th September 2013, 17:53   #5660
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
+1 to this sir. I have noticed such kind of an attitude and behavior at most of the Toll Plazas, especially Ulundurpet. When you are heading back home after a long and tired road trip, these kind of morons further irritate you!
I was waiting at Porur toll plaza few weeks back with some 5 vehicles in front and 2 behind me. Suddenly a Ritz comes, enters between two toll lanes, puts his left indicator to join my lane. I close in and honk so that the car infront doesnt allow him. But that guy allows him happily. I was so irritated that i almost thought of getting down and 'talk' to the Ritz guy, but being with family and kids decided against it. They think that others are idiots and they are the only ones in hurry. Would they do the same in a railway ticket reservation queue or similar queues? In toll, they know that most of them would not get down from their vehicles and fight with them.
Old 12th September 2013, 19:09   #5661
BHPian

Quote:
Here is one more, with kid(may be around 2 years old) on the drivers lap, this is not only a violation but putting others life on danger as well. This was on the busy bannerghatta road, bangalore.

Attachment 1137458
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post
Another one
Saw this today at Trinity Signal, Bangalore. The kid was rolling all over in the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-wp_20130912_001.jpg  

Old 13th September 2013, 11:26   #5662
BHPian

Talking of kids, look at this poor chap hanging for dear life. He probably is enjoying the ride, but the rider was really rash on the roads. This was clicked sometime back , but got reminded of it seeing other dangerous parents .
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-163692_479471782875_8216503_n.jpg  

Old 15th September 2013, 00:33   #5663
BHPian

Notes to all parents - Please make use of the child lock feature of car doors. Its available in most cars and MUST be used when kids are there in car.

This evening I was luckily dodged a major accident. A lady driving Maruti Swift in front of me on Old Madras Road after garden city college junction braked suddenly, without any indicator or sign. I swiveled my car to avoid hitting the Swift. Just when I was about to cross, the rear door slammed open, missing my car by a whisker. Had I been unable to control my car or was driving slightly faster, my car could have hit the kid who opened the door wide open on a junction at the national highway. Its surprising how careless a parent could be!

Thank God nothing major happened and hope the lady reads this and takes a lesson.
pahwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 11:25   #5664
BHPian

Yesterday I traveled around 200 KMs on NH45. I spotted five persons (4 trucks and 1 Tata Ace) coming on wrong side. They way they drive on wrong side on innermost lane proved that it is a very common thing for them.
Old 16th September 2013, 14:42   #5665
BHPian

Name:  ForumRunner_20130916_144045.png
Views: 1320
Size:  530.8 KB

This hoshiyaar singh was in hurry and blocked incoming traffic. And blocked he with impunity and no remorse. Just scoffing at people who paid respects to his parents while crossing him.

Some people are just dumb.
Old 16th September 2013, 14:58   #5666
BHPian

Its justified for an ambulance to go wrong side of the road if the correct lane is all choked up. However, it was funny to see people taking shield of that ambulance and drive behind it for a km in the wrong lane.

Bangalore no doubt has the most impatient drivers in the country.
Old 19th September 2013, 13:57   #5667
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Driving School:

This is what they say(took this from their website)

Quote:
"Road safety is a key concern area for both the Government and the people on Indian roads. Safe driving today requires a higher level of confidence and competence, given the poor traffic planning, increasing number of vehicles, lack of professionalism in driving and untrained drivers on road. In a bid to address these issues, Maruti Suzuki India Ltd. has launched Maruti Driving School — its initiative for promoting safe driving.

MDS not just imparts better driving skills but also tries to inculcate safe driving culture through special theoretical sessions for behavioural training and road sense. The school was the first to introduce advanced driving training simulator for better judgment and concept of route maps for holistic on-road practice. "
This is what they DO

This guy was behind me with his student driving, then goes off the road to escape traffic, and then comes back on the road blocking me, again went off the road doing all kind of stunts. I just felt bad for his student because I could see him struggling to follow his teachers instructions as it was during peak bumper to bumper traffic on bannerghatta road.

Poor fellow(student)! He is getting trained as a bad driver from day 1.

Note: This is not a one-off incident, I have seen similar stunts before as well. They are advise their students to take "U" on a "No U turn" signal, I have seen this multiple times.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo0003optimized.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo0004optimized.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-photo0005optimized.jpg  

arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 14:19   #5668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Maruti Driving School:
This one is EPIC !! Just can't believe what I just saw !! Absolutely unacceptable atleast from a branded driving school like Maruti.

Action, that needs to be taken against the above:

1. Navigate to: http://www.marutidrivingschool.com/Center_Locator.aspx
Fire an email with the picture attachments to the Driving School.

I suppose it is Bimal Driving School on BG Road. Got it from Maruti.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bimal.jpg

2. Go to BTP Public Eye and Upload the pictures.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 20:45   #5669
BHPian

That is the most common scenario at all tolls nearly. The best thing to do is ignore these blokes since they eill understand the hard way later in life.
Old 19th September 2013, 23:43   #5670
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
This one is EPIC !! Just can't believe what I just saw !! Absolutely unacceptable atleast from a branded driving school like Maruti.

Action, that needs to be taken against the above:
I have stopped posting in BTP site, all they do is put a fine of Rs. 100 which will go unnoticed by the owner. I have seen a post here regarding a BMTC bus which has around 34 violations since 2010 unpaid.

Anyways, I will drop a mail to Bimal. Thanks for the details!
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks