Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2013, 11:20   #5761
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet-tooth View Post
Today on my way to office, I was driving in a single lane road behind a Red Swift. He was doing a decent 40-50KMPH and then all of a sudden he braked in the middle of the road and I managed to stop my vehicle and over took him only to see him offering prayers to a temple in the side.
Not at all my intention to hurt anyone's religious sentiments, but people like these do need prayers. I have myself came across this situation numerous times, since I cross through three big temples everyday to reach office.
Old 24th October 2013, 11:49   #5762
BHPian

An incident I witnessed last weekend when I was in Chennai.

At the signal, where you take a right turn towards T.Nagar from Mount road (near the Audi showroom), saw a number of two wheelers and cars taking the turn before the signal turned green. But a construction worker, who was waiting patiently, crossed the road after the signal turned green.

Another example to prove Education and Common sense do not go hand in hand.
Old 24th October 2013, 13:33   #5763
BHPian

Stupid driver on suicide spree, Indigo driver tried to overtake me on a very sharp turn from my left at high speed. Well, I did not relent and he screeched like a tractor.

Not my headache dude, you don't overtake a vehicle from wrong side on sharp turns no matter what the excuse is.
Old 24th October 2013, 13:52   #5764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Today on my way to office, I was driving in a single lane road behind a Red Swift. He was doing a decent 40-50KMPH and then all of a sudden he braked in the middle of the road and I managed to stop my vehicle and over took him only to see him offering prayers to a temple in the side.
Between Palakkad and Thrissur in Kerala on the National Highway is an incline called Kuthiran. There's a small temple atop. Some devout smart alec decided to offer money without getting down from the vehicle. Soon, this became customary. People throw coins towards the temple, and quite a few buses have lost their front windshields because of the coins hitting them at speed. I wish the Gods impart some sense into such devout peabrains.
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 20:02   #5765
BHPian

Quote:
Today on my way to office, I was driving in a single lane road behind a Red Swift. ...over took him only to see him offering prayers to a temple in the side.
I can only recall what actor Vivek brought out in his films as a comedy track so true but so sad. People want to live long but not pray safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
An incident I witnessed last weekend when I was in Chennai.

At the signal, where you take a right turn towards T.Nagar from Mount road (near the Audi showroom), ... But a construction worker, who was waiting patiently, crossed the road after the signal turned green.

Another example to prove Education and Common sense do not go hand in hand.
+1 to that. Common sense is an uncommon commodity. Generally speaking (no offence meant) our perception that lesser educated/ poorly dressed folks are not well behaved is the biggest freudian misconception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Between Palakkad and Thrissur in Kerala on the National Highway is an incline called Kuthiran. There's a small temple atop. Some devout smart alec decided to offer money without getting down from the vehicle. .. I wish the Gods impart some sense into such devout peabrains.
Thank God the custom is to throw coins do not know what would be state of affairs if the custom was changed to throwing lighted lamps/ bells/ as offered in temples etc.,
Old 24th October 2013, 20:42   #5766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
+1 to that. Common sense is an uncommon commodity. Generally speaking (no offence meant) our perception that lesser educated/ poorly dressed folks are not well behaved is the biggest freudian misconception.

None taken. My statement on common sense and education was targeted at the motorists and not on the pedestrian.
Old 24th October 2013, 22:22   #5767
BHPian

Could not find such a thread for Bike Rider's, so thought of posting it here. Saw this guy on a Harley. He looked in his mid-late 20's. Was driving it rash on the Service Lane (NH8-Signature Towers) alongside trucks without any gear or helmet.
Looks stupid as I drive a scooty which effectively has 1/8th power of this machine. And I still wear Helmet+Face Mask+Gloves.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-wp_20131024_18_08_41_smart.jpg
Old 25th October 2013, 08:18   #5768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Looks stupid as I drive a scooty which effectively has 1/8th power of this machine. And I still wear Helmet+Face Mask+Gloves.
I feel the same when I see drivers behind the wheels of 15+ lacs cars on the roads of Delhi/NCR driving without seat belts, both ORVMs folded, high beams ON in B2B traffic,speeding and more interested in talking on the phone than concentrating on the road.

The most funny part is, they all love turning their heads(sometimes looking back thorugh the rear windshiled) around to check if there is a car in the other lane or not while switching lanes.
sinharishi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2013, 09:03   #5769
BHPian

Quote:
Could not find such a thread for Bike Rider's, so thought of posting it here. Saw this guy on a Harley. He looked in his mid-late 20's. Was driving it rash on the Service Lane (NH8-Signature Towers) alongside trucks without any gear or helmet.
After all, Harley owners do say - You don't ride a Harley if you don't feel the air! Same reason they wear half face/bucket cheapo helmets.
Old 25th October 2013, 09:48   #5770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
After all, Harley owners do say - You don't ride a Harley if you don't feel the air! Same reason they wear half face/bucket cheapo helmets.
In most part of India, it will probably mean "if you don't feel the dust"

If not for love for my life (and family), I wear a full AGV helmet (with air filter) to beat the dust in Mumbai streets
Old 25th October 2013, 10:08   #5771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham_City View Post
In most part of India, it will probably mean "if you don't feel the dust"

If not for love for my life (and family), I wear a full AGV helmet (with air filter) to beat the dust in Mumbai streets
Same here! Bangalore is very dusty IMO. For me, its ATGATT! Helmet + riding jacket + gloves + bionic knee guards. I do carry a balaclava with me and put it on when the area is extremely dusty.
Old 26th October 2013, 01:48   #5772
BHPian

Was glad to see a new 5 series in apartment parking but turns out the owner has his/her style of parking .

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-parking.jpg
josejoseph is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2013, 09:12   #5773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post
Was glad to see a new 5 series in apartment parking but turns out the owner has his/her style of parking .
Like they say, money can't buy you brains

PS: love that matte black Camero in the last picture
Old 26th October 2013, 09:24   #5774
BHPian

Quote:
Could not find such a thread for Bike Rider's, so thought of posting it here. Saw this guy on a Harley. He looked in his mid-late 20's. Was driving it rash on the Service Lane (NH8-Signature Towers) alongside trucks without any gear or helmet. Looks stupid as I drive a scooty which effectively has 1/8th power of this machine. And I still wear Helmet+Face Mask+Gloves.
Agree with you fully - however, please take care of yourself while clicking pictures like this. I don't know what equipments you used, but distractions like this while riding bikes is dangerous. Mere description of scenario by text is also equally acceptable. Thanks anyways.
Old 26th October 2013, 11:35   #5775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josejoseph View Post

Attachment 1157827
Jaw dropped when i saw the cool car and your location! till i saw the numberplates

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks