Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2014, 10:48   #6226
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
I'm sorry for your inconvenience but if I were in your place, I would have certainly deflated one of his tyres (only one)
If he wastes my time, I would like to give him a dose of his own medicine and make him change the deflated one with the stepney. Would serve him right, and make him more wary of parking without a care for others
, if not tyre deflate I would have blocked his way by some means so that he should feel equally ashamed and gruesome. This happened with me few days back when one dzire in my society was parked in such a way that 3 cars were blocked. I called a known too person over there and he too blocked his way by parking his car neck to neck. Finally that chap came to my house, apologized an then we let him go.
Old 16th June 2014, 13:07   #6227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneToughRider View Post
I called a known too person over there and he too blocked his way by parking his car neck to neck. Finally that chap came to my house, apologized an then we let him go.
You acted in a manner befitting your user id in T BHP. One has to get tough with morons who do not understand the ethics of how to park the car.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2014, 12:55   #6228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
You acted in a manner befitting your user id in T BHP. One has to get tough with morons who do not understand the ethics of how to park the car.
Thanks for your nice words but why did I select this user id is mentioned in this post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post3454294

Yes, Neither I take things for granted nor I allow anyone to take me for a joyride
OneToughRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 12:09   #6229
BHPian

Well I just had an experience of being surrounded by plenty of fools on the roads.

I was standing in a jam on a road which joins Dwarka to NH-8 via kapashera and my car being the last in queue. I was chatting with a colleague with whom I have pooled up my car. Suddenly I saw a mad driver in the rear view mirror coming from behind at an amazingly fast speed for this kind of a road in his blue Hyundai Santro. Next thing I know this guy bangs into my car which was till now stationary. The impact being so high that a car like Safari moves completely and hits the car standing in front of me which was a dark blue swift.

This swift guy also saw this santro guy driving in a crazy manner. We made him come down his car. His own car was damaged more than mine or the swift. Then started a heated argument and to my utter shock he says - " Kya ho gaya agar accident ho gaya - insurance claim kar lo - main bhi to karunga" ( Unapologetically he says what if there is a damage, lets all claim our respective insurance). Felt like givng him a blow, but that obviously would not serve any purpose. Told him to pay but he said I am not carrying any money. Talking to such fools in itself is a big challenge. I decided to move since I felt there was not much damage except that my both bullguards front and back got damaged.Rear Bumper got a bit scratched and alignment of the plastic part around the backlights got skewed.

Just left it with the workshop and the guy says approx 4k - 5k on welding works and part of the rear plastic (black in colour ) needs to be replaced by the company - cost around 3.5k.

The worst part is the driver was a well educated person working in an MNC at a manager level. Such people also if drive like this, how can we blame the cab drivers and other people.
Old 18th June 2014, 12:33   #6230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASMEET MATTOO View Post
Well I just had an experience of being surrounded by plenty of fools on the roads.

This swift guy also saw this santro guy driving in a crazy manner. We made him come down his car. His own car was damaged more than mine or the swift. Then started a heated argument and to my utter shock he says - " Kya ho gaya agar accident ho gaya - insurance claim kar lo - main bhi to karunga" ( Unapologetically he says what if there is a damage, lets all claim our respective insurance). Felt like givng him a blow, but that obviously would not serve any purpose. Told him to pay but he said I am not carrying any money.

Just left it with the workshop and the guy says approx 4k - 5k on welding works and part of the rear plastic (black in colour ) needs to be replaced by the company - cost around 3.5k.

The worst part is the driver was a well educated person working in an MNC at a manager level. Such people also if drive like this, how can we blame the cab drivers and other people.
He can easily say "Insurance claim karlo" but for whose mistake? And what about the time, energy spent? And what about the effect on no claim bonus? Some may say the right way to teach a lesson to such audacious white collar people may be to break couple of their head lights and ask them to add it to their claim. And drive away.
alavandar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 12:50   #6231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Told him to pay but he said I am not carrying any money. Talking to such fools in itself is a big challenge...
Damn! That was a bad incident. Wonder what he was doing in the car while he was supposed to apply the brakes! From my recent experience, these fools needs to be made to pay on the spot! One idiot crashed into me while overtaking at a high speed on a narrow road. He agreed to pay me whatever the expense is after insurance claim. So I took his address, phone number and left the spot. After that he said he cant pay the full amount, so I agreed to pay some from my own pocket since there was a small mistake from my end too. But now even after behaving in an understanding manner, that moron is not even picking up my calls and has not payed till now. I know his address and can track him down or even file a complaint against him! But considering the effort that is required and wasting further of my time, its not worth it. The only dent that happened is to my own pocket!
man_of_steel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 13:01   #6232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_of_steel View Post
Damn! That was a bad incident. Wonder what he was doing in the car while he was supposed to apply the brakes! From my recent experience, these fools needs to be made to pay on the spot! One idiot crashed into me while overtaking at a high speed on a narrow road. He agreed to pay me whatever the expense is after insurance claim. So I took his address, phone number and left the spot. After that he said he cant pay the full amount, so I agreed to pay some from my own pocket since there was a small mistake from my end too. But now even after behaving in an understanding manner, that moron is not even picking up my calls and has not payed till now. I know his address and can track him down or even file a complaint against him! But considering the effort that is required and wasting further of my time, its not worth it. The only dent that happened is to my own pocket!
I can understand that my friend. The reason that these people do not mend themselves if that they get away with it. It is a fact that punishing them or making them pay on the spot is not that easy. And the fact is that they are so many and seem to be multiplying every minute. How many times can one take the effort of tracking them and wasting your own precious time.

Earlier also, I had met with a similar accident some 6 years ago. We called the police and the police said that you guys settle amongst yourselves. Ultimately the resolution given by the police was to claim your respective insurances.
JASMEET MATTOO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 13:16   #6233
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Earlier also, I had met with a similar accident some 6 years ago. We called the police and the police said that you guys settle amongst yourselves. Ultimately the resolution given by the police was to claim your respective insurances.
Hardly surprising.

Police in this country is useless. Arriving at a "compromise" amongst the said parties seems to be their only goal. Saves them the trouble of filing an FIR and work on a case I guess.
Old 18th June 2014, 13:28   #6234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear friend, I too had a similar experience. A private bus rammed into the rear of my santro at a signal when it just turned green. The conductor started arguing with me that i should have moved on. I told him there was senior citizen on a wheeler in front of me. I waited a bit for that gentleman to move on. In the meanwhile the bus rammed into my car.
The traffic cop was the sole witness. I was initially reluctant to call the police and decided to leave the matter. When the conductor started demanding compensation from me, my anger got the better of me.
The cop too supported me. From here onwards it was a total anticlimax. That same conductor who was yelling to glory started pleading with us.
Now it was my turn. I told it is useless speaking to you and asked him to get his owner.
The conductor and driver called the owner who came to the spot in about 10 min. I blasted him about the bus being driven rash. I demanded 5k from him.
The owner literally pleaded with me to settle for 1K. Infact he had predetermined that he was going to pay this much only. The cop too supported me
In the end i had no other choice but to accept that amount.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 13:34   #6235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao
Met this super-dad a few days ago in peak rush hour traffic. It must take a super-human kind of moron to be this stupid
Yesterday late-evening, as I walk to my apartment entrance after parking the car, an auto-geared scooter comes and parks in the parking area. For some reason the light is not working in the parking area and all I can see is one person on the bike. Then I hear him talking and I assume he is on the phone, but that is when I see a small kid on his shoulders, just like how the guy in your post had. So apparently we have super-dads in Chennai too.
Old 18th June 2014, 13:51   #6236
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
... but that is when I see a small kid on his shoulders, just like how the guy in your post had. So apparently we have super-dads in Chennai too.
Why people need to lose someone to get to the importance of safe driving or riding? Are their minds so naive that they cannot imagine the consequences or they think that they are paidawaar (read: stuffs) of some special batch processing and nothing can happen to them?
Old 18th June 2014, 13:57   #6237
BHPian

Would like to share my experience -

The event is not a street experience but the apartment parking troubles.

In the corner of my society, there was an unattended empty space where in I used to park. A Safari guy and I happened to share that place, it was kind of first come first serve area wherein I always used to keep space for his Safari if reached earlier and he seldom happened to reciprocated the same. He used to knowingly park his car in such a way that no space is left for me (Yes I wasn't having an allotted parking space, but neither that SUV guy had) We both had very unscheduled timings which lead to higher disorientation.

One fine evening I parked my car (keeping enough space for him) and after having dinner I came down for a walk. I glanced at my car and to my horror found front right tyre completely flat, I quickly checked for his Safari and found it parked at another location. I checked with the watch man but he dint know the building/Flat no. number of the guy. I returned back to my flat with full of anger and tried to calm myself down. I was literally unable to sleep as I just could not digest his uncouth gesture and went downstairs and went towards his Safari and started flattening his rear right tyre; however I never knew it takes so long to flatten a tyre of this size, I left it half done and walked towards lift but again somewhere I was not convinced and again went back and did the complete job and flattened his tyre all the way down (I know its sheer stupidity but somewhere I felt better after doing this)

The next morning both of us saw each other and I find him trying to inflate his tyre with an electronic tyre inflator. I walked towards him and he gave a wicked look and I expressed my plight and told him that some crook made my tyre flat yesterday night; he did not say anything and offered his tyre inflator which I politely refused and bought the puncture wala along and inflated the tyre and offered him help as his tyre-inflator was apparently not working.

Conclusion - The guy learnt his lesson and now sanely parks his SUV beside my car and keeps space for another car fella..
sudeep.pandya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th June 2014, 14:29   #6238
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
Yesterday late-evening, as I walk to my apartment entrance after parking the car, an auto-geared scooter comes and parks in the parking area. For some reason the light is not working in the parking area and all I can see is one person on the bike. Then I hear him talking and I assume he is on the phone, but that is when I see a small kid on his shoulders, just like how the guy in your post had. So apparently we have super-dads in Chennai too.
I'm starting to see more and more of these around Bangalore nowadays. Seems to be the new IN thing, dangling kids from two-wheelers/riders.
Old 18th June 2014, 14:35   #6239
Team-BHP Support

This morning while on my way to work, I had a close call.

I was at the traffic signal on Murphy Road waiting for the lights to turn green. As soon as it turned green, I began to inch forward and had almost reached the end of the junction when this rashly ridden two wheeler jumped his red-light and nearly came under the wheels of my car!

I honked furiously and that managed to catch his and his pillion's attention. The guy riding the bike and the woman sitting behind responded by gesturing obscenely like I'd done something wrong and then whizzed away.
Old 18th June 2014, 14:49   #6240
BHPian

Quote:

Ideally, we should be claiming the cost from the person who is at fault, either he pays or his insurance.

Most Viewed