Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2014, 22:41   #6316
BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
When he stopped at the signal, i went upto him and screamed my heart out. Gave him a piece of my mind. Told him, how his ABS / Airbags (if ever he had) are there to save him and NOT the people he might ram into.
Thank you! Society owes you one. We have to intervene and give these sort of drivers a genuine hiding. It's a new year resolution well broken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post

My top ten vehicles types to avoid are as follows:

Top Ten signs of a dangerous driver
Incredibly spot on Ajmat! I too have a personal thing against lane creators. Absolutely drive bumper to bumper to keep them out. Alas! someone in the rear who's a little less confident with their car always ends up giving way to these aggressive drivers.

Note from Support - Please avoid quoting an entire post as it inconveniences our mobile and small screen users.

Last edited by n_aditya : 17th July 2014 at 11:29. Reason: quoted posts shortened
Old 17th July 2014, 01:55   #6317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis86 View Post
Attachment 1262301Attachment 1262302
Followed you today from Chandan Nagar to Viman Nagar signal but was utterly disappointed to see that you were busy on your phone all the time.
At least the people having team-bhp stickers on their ride should refrain from breaking traffic rules.

Friendly advice to all bhpians: If you can't stop yourself, then take those stickers off.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP

I don't think the person driving this city is a member. I have spotted him a lot many times as we were staying in the same society earlier. When I was staying there I did wave at him a few times and even posted his car's pics here, but never got an acknowledgement. Off lately I see many cars in Pune having Team-bhp stickers and 90% of them are non members. LTD has a great fan following. It's high time people realise that they shouldn't be breaking traffic rules, especially with tbhp stickers.

Asit
Old 17th July 2014, 08:06   #6318
Senior - BHPian

Re: Team-BHP STICKERS are HERE! Post sightings & pics of them on your car...

Spotted a white swift MH02 VA XX47 sporting a URL sticker at the rear on the Ghodbunder Road joining from Brahmand in Thane. Seriously mate you need to keep your speed within limits and zig zagging dangerously is not the way BHPians drive. God save people in his path.
Old 17th July 2014, 09:41   #6319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Spotted a white swift MH02 VA XX47 sporting a URL sticker at the rear on the Ghodbunder Road joining from Brahmand in Thane. Seriously mate you need to keep your speed within limits and zig zagging dangerously is not the way BHPians drive. God save people in his path.
Buddy, I see so many people driving like crazy that it amazes me that they have the TBP Logo.. Last night raining like hell and there was this XUV in front of me on the Eastern Express highway who had his hazard lights flashing and then was changing lanes with impunity and I think everyone is aware of the speeds on the eastern express highway. with the rains it was one of mthe most dangerous things to do and i wont be surprised to hear this guy banged someone.

I dont think a TBHP sticker proves that the guy will behave proper or has civic sense.. As they say common sense is not so common and civic sense is even more uncommon.

If we in our forum can come up with a reporting and penalisation format then probabbly all TBHPian's would adhere to better driving skills but then again you are only guilty till sighted sigh!
Old 17th July 2014, 11:08   #6320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi63 View Post
If we in our forum can come up with a reporting and penalisation format then probabbly all TBHPian's would adhere to better driving skills but then again you are only guilty till sighted sigh!
No need to penalize anyone. I am sure the regulars don't drive like that, however, there are a lot of non-members sporting these stickers as well.

Just check the stickers thread - spottings != acknowledgements.
Old 17th July 2014, 11:19   #6321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
I don't think the person driving this city is a member. I have spotted him a lot many times as we were staying in the same society earlier. When I was staying there I did wave at him a few times and even posted his car's pics here, but never got an acknowledgement. Off lately I see many cars in Pune having Team-bhp stickers and 90% of them are non members. LTD has a great fan following. It's high time people realise that they shouldn't be breaking traffic rules, especially with tbhp stickers.

Asit
I do realise that Team BHP probably has commercial interests in selling Team-BHP stickers to non-members. But, I been seeing lot of rule-breakers with team-bhp stickers driving around the city in Bombay and Pune (more so in Pune). If I had never followed team-bhp on the internet, by now, I would have surely had the impression that drivers with 'team-bhp' stickers are best avoided and the group probably encourages arrogance and reckless driving.
neelchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 11:35   #6322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelchak View Post
I do realise that Team BHP probably has commercial interests in selling Team-BHP stickers to non-members. But, I been seeing lot of rule-breakers with team-bhp stickers driving around the city in Bombay and Pune (more so in Pune). If I had never followed team-bhp on the internet, by now, I would have surely had the impression that drivers with 'team-bhp' stickers are best avoided and the group probably encourages arrogance and reckless driving.
Neel, I know having a tbhp sticker on the car/ bike and driving dangerously surely gives bad impressions of the community but frankly tbhp can't really do the policing of picking up the reckless drivers with sticker-ed cars. It is however imperative for a member tbhpian to control his/ her driving and rather set an example for other reckless drivers.

As for purchasing the stickers, it's an online process and tbhp can't discriminate on the buyers.

Remember, One step in the right direction shall make 1000's fellow it gradually.

Thanks.
Old 17th July 2014, 12:25   #6323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad3952n View Post
As for purchasing the stickers, it's an online process and tbhp can't discriminate on the buyers.
Thanks.
Was just wondering, if commercial gains are not a hindrance, then there should be a way to restrict the online link to purchase team-bhp stickers to group members only. Just like the way, only group members are able to post msgs et al.
Old 17th July 2014, 13:35   #6324
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Was just wondering, if commercial gains are not a hindrance, then there should be a way to restrict the online link to purchase team-bhp stickers to group members only. Just like the way, only group members are able to post msgs et al.
No use. The stickers can be distributed to friends and families too. I think it should be one's own human & moral responsibility to drive safe and follow the traffic rules; TBHPian or not. Let me also add that it is not that all TBHPians are angels and all other are demons on road. Driving safe & sound is a realm above all this and everyone on road should conform. If one does not, sooner or later he has to pay. Unfortunately, the rules of road are such that even the innocent people have to bear the brunt of insane drivers at times.

Last edited by saket77 : 17th July 2014 at 13:54.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 14:42   #6325
Distinguished - BHPian

I've said this before, and it may not be popular, but... the Live to Drive motto means different things to different people. To a lot of youngsters it may imply pushing their car and themselves to the limit, and that is a philosophy which, especially when combined with the inexperience of youth, very often leads to bad driving. There is no member/non-member distinction there. Sometimes the biggest enthusiasts can be the worst drivers.

One of my usual disclaimers applies here: if this offends you, then it probably applies to you.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 15:01   #6326
BHPian

Quote:
I had never followed team-bhp on the internet, by now, I would have surely had the impression that drivers with 'team-bhp' stickers are best avoided and the group probably encourages arrogance and reckless driving.
My friend already hates it. He has warned me that if I put these stickers he would not step in my car. All this because he had some very bad experience with some one sporting a team bhp sticker.
Old 17th July 2014, 15:05   #6327
BHPian

Quote:
Was just wondering, if commercial gains are not a hindrance, then there should be a way to restrict the online link to purchase team-bhp stickers to group members only..
Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
No use. The stickers can be distributed to friends and families too..
Suggestion: We can have personalized stickers. With our handle names on it. Serves two things, if you find one with a personalized sticker, you are sure this guy is genuine and recognize him as well. Someone then finds a tbhpian driving insanely, report him and you know you have also reported the right guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I've said this before, and it may not be popular, but... the Live to Drive motto means different things to different people.
Very well said. Appreciate the thoughts.

I was 18 and crazy once, and I do feel I am far better driver now. Used to drive bikes like crazy (no stunts, just speed) Though ours used to be a small town and hardly any traffic. I paid my price as well with accidents here and there, all hurting me. My dad at one point simply refused to give me a bike until and unless I rode sanely. And I cannot thank him enough for that.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2014, 15:16   #6328
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Suggestion: We can have personalized stickers. With our handle names on it. Serves two things, if you find one with a personalized sticker, you are sure this guy is genuine and recognize him as well. Someone then finds a tbhpian driving insanely, report him and you know you have also reported the right guy.
That is taking things too far and not practically feasible. And as far as reporting rash driving goes, people here do refer to registration numbers of the offending cars. But as I said, rather than policing, I would like to see self regulation as this involves everybody on road and not just TBHPians.
Old 17th July 2014, 15:44   #6329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I've said this before, and it may not be popular, but... the Live to Drive motto means different things to different people. *SNIP*
Thad, the sticker says "Live to drive", not "Drive to Live". Completely different connotations, wouldn't you agree?

When I first saw the sticker, the impression that I formed was exactly what the youngsters in your post had - drive your car/bike at the limit; except that my mind always adds a rider to that clause: "of safety, without crashing or causing others to crash". In fact, my impression is still that. Yes, I know I am not endearing myself to anyone here by stating that.

Maybe it's time tBHP came up with a sticker that says "Drive to Live" instead.

Cheers
tilt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2014, 15:25   #6330
Distinguished - BHPian

Here's one I spotted recently.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks