Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2015, 14:46   #7111
Senior - BHPian

Talking about idiots with a kid in their lap, spotted this enroute to my home town: the wife was sitting at the back and chatting away in the phone.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imageuploadedbyteambhp1420103687.532077.jpg
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imageuploadedbyteambhp1420103712.737225.jpg

I took this picture at a toll, but he was driving erratically till there.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2015, 21:12   #7112
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Good lord. You'd think if he is driving with his family he would be extra careful for that one reason. No seat belt either I would guess. At least I can't see any in the picture. :headdesk
Old 2nd January 2015, 11:40   #7113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Talking about idiots with a kid in their lap, spotted this enroute to my home town: the wife was sitting at the back and chatting away in the phone.
Oh God...I hope you told him how unsafe it is, but knowing these type of guys he would probably subject you to a round of abuse and carry on regardless. Poor kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Good lord. You'd think if he is driving with his family he would be extra careful for that one reason. No seat belt either I would guess. At least I can't see any in the picture. :headdesk
How will a seatbelt help? In case of an accident that kid is going to be crushed against the steering wheel or worse.
Old 2nd January 2015, 11:41   #7114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even a seat belt will not help in case of an accident as there is less gap between the steering wheel and the kid. All that i can say is IRRESPONSIBLE PARENTS
Old 2nd January 2015, 11:57   #7115
Senior - BHPian

Had a good fortune of bumping into 4 idiots on a bike last weekend. This was just at the turn to the lake road from Banerghetta road, apparently there was some police checking going on further ahead and these 4 morons were travelling on a single bike of course without helmet, suddenly in the middle of the turning they decided to stop and 2 guys almost jumped out onto my bike (to avoid getting caught by cops), somehow maintained control my bike. If it was a car I am sure one of the guy would have been hit.
Old 2nd January 2015, 12:12   #7116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Had a good fortune of bumping into 4 idiots on a bike last weekend. This was just at the turn to the lake road from Banerghetta road, apparently there was some police checking going on further ahead and these 4 morons were travelling on a single bike of course without helmet, suddenly in the middle of the turning they decided to stop and 2 guys almost jumped out onto my bike (to avoid getting caught by cops), somehow maintained control my bike. If it was a car I am sure one of the guy would have been hit.
something similar happened to me a while back.

was returning from work in the evening and was on the IRR heading towards Indiranagar. at the S-bend on the IRR, where usually the cops are hiding to extort the public, one of the three idiots riding on a bike suddenly decides to jump off, while the bike is in motion! and guess what, i was right behind them and i had to literally stand on the brake to avoid running the fella over with my car!

thankfully nobody rear-ended me.
Old 3rd January 2015, 10:35   #7117
BHPian

Speaking of people driving with kids on lap, take a look at this photo.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-ssub.jpg

This guy is a celebrity.., a very famous musician by name Shashank Subramanyam. But that status seem to have not had any influence on his road sense. He excitedly put up this photo on FB and all the others have 'liked' and commented words such as 'so cute' 'so sweet' 'wonderful' and the list just keeps growing. Not a single person in the 5000+ friends and followers pointed out his mistake (of course, nobody dares to in the case of celebrities). That is the sad state of affairs we have all around us
vnidta is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2015, 11:02   #7118
Distinguished - BHPian

Gosh! In all certainty, the car is in motion too! For a second, I thought it to be stationary, but then the background and instruments tell its not.

Last edited by saket77 : 3rd January 2015 at 11:03.
Old 3rd January 2015, 14:05   #7119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Gosh! In all certainty, the car is in motion too! For a second, I thought it to be stationary, but then the background and instruments tell its not.
There were a couple of please tell me that car is stationary posts. I posted pointing out the car was in motion, requested him not to potentially deprive us of his talent like this.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th January 2015, 13:55   #7120
BHPian

Quote:
requested him not to potentially deprive us of his talent like this.
He is expecting only good comments, he deleted all comments related to driving discipline

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 4th January 2015 at 13:56.
Old 4th January 2015, 16:53   #7121
Senior - BHPian

I suppose he will also ignore any reviews that say his flute playing is horribly populist
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th January 2015, 23:58   #7122
Distinguished - BHPian

Have bikers developed neck paralysis?

Not only do they not stop before driving out from a side road, they do not even glance to see if anything is coming. This seems to apply in almost every situation where I see a biker joining the road in front of me.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 02:03   #7123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
This seems to apply in almost every situation where I see a biker joining the road in front of me.
Many a times I felt their, not all, attitude is that "If you want them alive, you better watch out, its not their headache"
Old 5th January 2015, 08:39   #7124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Not only do they not stop before driving out from a side road, they do not even glance to see if anything is coming. This seems to apply in almost every situation where I see a biker joining the road in front of me.
The other thing too - when you are coming out of a side road and they're driving down the main road, they accelerate and try to zoom past you when you're midway through your turn. If they miscalculate, they slam into the back of your car. The same thing when you're doing a U turn and they try to zoom past going straight.
Old 5th January 2015, 09:52   #7125
BHPian

Quote:

In my 10 years of riding and another 10 years of driving, I can certainly vouch for a fact that bike riders have really lost it! I still ride my bike however make it a point to follow the rules I learnt a long time ago. I just do not get the attitude they have these days.

Just an hour back, on my way to the office, a biker popped out of no where bang in front of my car and i had to hit the breaks. My fear has always been what if a person from behind hits (here we do not even maintain respectable distance) . Really frustrated with the road behavior these days.

Most Viewed