Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2015, 10:37   #7576
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

A rickshaw entered the BRTS lane (in Rajkot as per the source) and the bus forced it to reverse all the way back where the divider had a break:

Serves him right!
Gannu_1 is offline   (39) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 11:57   #7577
BHPian

Now how in the world would anyone know, if this guy is going to turn left or right?
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20150530_130037.jpg  

Old 8th June 2015, 12:03   #7578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
(pic taken by my 8 yr. old who was pretty excited to see this spectacle)
Was it your 8 year old kid who was driving the vehicle or you were driving with him/her on your lap?

Its quite obvious the photograph was taken from the driver seat position. The bonnet scoop gives me an idea that this is probably a Scorpio, which is not available in LHD, atleast in India.
nitinbose is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 13:42   #7579
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielthomas View Post
Now how in the world would anyone know, if this guy is going to turn left or right?
Sorry- where exactly is the bad driving in this pic? Am I missing something? The truck seems within its lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
Was it your 8 year old kid who was driving the vehicle or you were driving with him/her on your lap?
That's quite a leap of logic to make. Will wait for OP to answer but seriously doubt it was taken from driver's seat.
Old 8th June 2015, 13:46   #7580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Sorry- where exactly is the bad driving in this pic? Am I missing something? The truck seems within its lane.
Well if you see the tail lamps are covered now due to the loading bay flap dangling down.
How would anyone know which turn the driver wants if the indicators are covered up.

Anyway I think half the trucks/goods vehicles on the roads do not have a proper working tail lamp assembly in the first place

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 8th June 2015 at 14:03. Reason: Fixing quotes. :)
racer_m is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 14:01   #7581
BHPian

Quote:
Not exactly a piece of bad driving but a case of bad road manners. Albeit I think that such vehicles can be noticed slowing down (if we are maintaining a proper distance) and taking abrupt turns is rarely possible.

Maybe the hatch was broken and hence it was hanging the way it was; anyway a hazard at night for sure with no lights visible.
Old 8th June 2015, 14:15   #7582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
Not exactly a piece of bad driving but a case of bad road manners. Albeit I think that such vehicles can be noticed slowing down (if we are maintaining a proper distance) and taking abrupt turns is rarely possible.

Maybe the hatch was broken and hence it was hanging the way it was; anyway a hazard at night for sure with no lights visible.
Well sorry to say, but this definitely qualifies as a bad driving case.
A driver is totally responsible for driving safely as well as keeping/driving a safe vehicle. Using public roads for using unsafe/unsecured vehicles tantamounts to bad driving, in turn bad drivers.

Is it a good reason for me to keep the bootlid/hatchlid of a sedan/hatch or the tailgate of SUV, open and flapping wildly on the road citing "oops must have my lock/latch broken...no issues i'll pretend I never saw it"
racer_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 14:18   #7583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post

Its quite obvious the photograph was taken from the driver seat position. The bonnet scoop gives me an idea that this is probably a Scorpio, which is not available in LHD, atleast in India.

good observation...it is from behind me from the back seat.
m_upreti is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 14:26   #7584
Senior - BHPian

today could have been the end of me on the BETL flyover. four wheelers need to be extra careful around two wheelers! i was minding my own business on the left lane (BETL has two lanes per side) and progressing through the traffic and all of sudden i see something red approaching fast through the corner of my eye. i check my mirror and see there's nothing immediately behind me and i brake to avoid the oncoming red thingy.

i brake in the nick of time as a red Skoda Fabia bearing registration number KA-06-N-2250 comes charging from behind on the right lane and switches to the left lane abruptly without signalling - if i hadn't braked, he would have certainly rammed me against the wall as from his speed and approach it didn't seem like he had any intention of slowing down. he then squeezes through the the sea of bikers ahead either by scaring them with his rash approach or honking hard behind them till they gave way

all this just to get ahead and wait in a long line of waiting cars that too twice the time (or more) i took to get through the toll!

Last edited by IronH4WK : 8th June 2015 at 14:28.
Old 8th June 2015, 14:27   #7585
BHPian

Quote:
Yes that is what i meant here, with the flaps hanging down, I really found it very confusing, to assess which lane the truck was moving into - few minutes before clicking this picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
Well if you see the tail lamps are covered now due to the loading bay flap dangling down.
How would anyone know which turn the driver wants if the indicators are covered up.
Racer was spot on!

Last edited by gabrielthomas : 8th June 2015 at 14:30.
Old 8th June 2015, 14:50   #7586
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielthomas View Post
Yes that is what i meant here, with the flaps hanging down, I really found it very confusing, to assess which lane the truck was moving into - few minutes before clicking this picture.
Ah ok Have got so used to seeing all manner of trucks without rear lights even on the highways that one with indicators not visible hardly raises an eyebrow! You need to look at the driver's side door, if he has stuck his hand (or leg) out and is waving it furiously that means he wants to turn right. Ditto left if it's his 'cleaner' on the passenger side
noopster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 15:11   #7587
Senior - BHPian

Bad driver + bad parents

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-bad-dri.jpg

They were doing 80kmph with Dad driving and Mom at front passenger seat. Rear seats were occupied by three adults and these kids enjoying an open boot nirvana.

I was at the passenger seat and gave an earful to the great dad and drives off.

What we saw in RVM was even terrifying. Dad stopped the Wagon-R walked back and closed the hatch.

Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 15:17   #7588
BHPian

I've had it with this traffic in Bangalore! Especially yellow board cabs (TTs, Sumo, Indica Etc).

A couple of hours ago at the Agara lake signal I was on the extreme left to head towards Sarjapura. Suddenly the Tempo Traveler from behind seems to be in a crazy rush and overtakes from the left side. Now I was on the extreme left so there is no space to overtake, this Charlie gets on the footpath and overtakes me rashly and soo close to my Bimmer that he nearly dashes into me if I hadn't pushed brakes immediately. There was another crazy TT on my right side as well. Looked like they were racing each other. I lost my cool and immediately rushed and pulled him over. I tell you that bugger got a piece of my mind so aggressively that he should think again ever to do that and fortunately I dint raise me hand. The employees in the TT were shouting at him as well. I took photos of him and the cab and have lodged a complaint with his company.

Cops don't seem to pull such drivers/yellow boards.
Quarter Mile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 15:35   #7589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Bad driver + bad parents

They were doing 80kmph with Dad driving and Mom at front passenger seat. Rear seats were occupied by three adults and these kids enjoying an open boot nirvana.
Can we nominate the parents for the Darwin Awards please?
etrast75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 16:11   #7590
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post
Can we nominate the parents for the Darwin Awards please?
Too late. Not only have they NOT removed themselves from the gene pool (mandatory qualification criteria), they've added two more boot-riding geniuses to it.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks