Originally Posted by mayankk View Post

That's a fake sticker.
Thankfully, yeah?
Yup, that was indeed a fake sticker.
Old 13th July 2015, 11:29   #7667
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Yesterday on the Hosur Road Elevated Toll road I was on the right lane going towards E-City and suddenly there was a biker with pillion zooming down on the wrong side in my lane When will these guys learn and stop doing such utterly dangerous things ? Luckily I moved to the left lane to let the moron pass safely.
Old 13th July 2015, 13:32   #7668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Last night at Phoenix, Lower Parel.

Attachment 1391130
This is unbelievably stupid!

It's hard to understand that educated folks staying in metro cities don't even possess basic civic sense to park decently. The Polo guy would have almost scraped the Amaze's side bumper while parking!

We do have such idiots in our society as well, they are blind to parking lines and logic.

trek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2015, 19:11   #7669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Last night at Phoenix, Lower Parel.

Attachment 1391130
Just wondering on a few points!

-Assuming that the Amaze was parked first and then the Polo came in later, after the man oeuvre Polo driver realized that he couldn't open the door, so tried to move a little to the left (look at the front wheels), which made his rear right to scrape the Amaze and somehow managed to wriggle out of his car!

-If Polo has to leave that park first, how will he get out of this mess. Well, he can always retrace his own man oeuvre and go back!

-Now, if it is Amaze's turn to leave the park first, I leave it to you all to solve this puzzle.

-I love solving puzzles!!!-
philgrac is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2015, 21:49   #7670
BHPian

To add to the list (already bludgeoning)
Dashboard cluttered with half eaten items or rubbish strewn.
Parcel tray having dolls that befit a toy shop
Windshield front and rear not clean thereby reduced visibility. Cracked windshield not repaired well life is more important than a few bucks
Sideview mirrors folded or hanging loose best of all no mirrors but unfolded
Broken number plate
One hand on the door whilst driving mate you're not Rajnikanth
Old 16th July 2015, 11:33   #7671
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Check this out, a bad driver or what!
Quote:
A BMTC driver who was booked on Wednesday for wrong parking turned out to be a serial offender with 66 traffic cases pending against him.
Source:Indian Express, Bangalore 16 July 2015 - Link
Article - "This Driver Faces 67 Cases"

Last edited by NPV : 16th July 2015 at 11:35.
Old 16th July 2015, 12:12   #7672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post

came across this [ in The Hindu, probably ] !

The way the police caught the 'driver' was surprising. The driver was blocking the path without complying to the orders of cops who were asking to give way and instead hurled abuses. OMG

I wonder whether the tag of a Govt bus made him act like a moron [ with cops] - Mental Fellow

Last edited by poised2drive : 16th July 2015 at 12:13.
Old 16th July 2015, 12:29   #7673
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieseldunk View Post
To add to the list (already bludgeoning)
Dashboard cluttered with half eaten items or rubbish strewn.
Parcel tray having dolls that befit a toy shop
Windshield front and rear not clean thereby reduced visibility. Cracked windshield not repaired well life is more important than a few bucks
Sideview mirrors folded or hanging loose best of all no mirrors but unfolded
Broken number plate
One hand on the door whilst driving mate you're not Rajnikanth

Drives with both ORVM s folded in.
Old 16th July 2015, 14:32   #7674
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
....The driver was blocking the path without complying to the orders of cops who were asking to give way and instead hurled abuses. OMG .......
Nothing new. Witnessed such behavior personally multiple times. In an instance not too long ago, I was waiting at the Mayo Hall junction signal (where Infantry Road meets Metro line) when a BMTC Blue & White driver brazenly ran the RED light, nearly ran over a few people (including the cops at the junction), abused the cops when stopped, and nonchalantly drove off laughing when asked to alight from the bus. The cops just looked around sheepishly and moved on.
Old 16th July 2015, 14:52   #7675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
...and nonchalantly drove off laughing when asked to alight from the bus. The cops just looked around sheepishly and moved on.
Why were the cops so dumbfounded ?

After all, he is a driver and no spoiled-brat son of XYZ, who may take out a gun or get their asses burnt {It does not mean I back those brats and is a separate issue altogether }

Incidents involving the Govt. vehicles [ especially, the Military]have to be taken up pretty seriously by the govt. since such nonchalance would not only tarnish the image of the Govt but also allow such crooked acts go unpunished.

I remember a story where, once a civilian was killed in an accident involving a Military truck in Kashmir and when the police registered a case, the military officials stated that the truck was 'On Martial Duty' carrying logistic support and thus above the civil laws and coerced the police to leave the driver. And when inquired, it was known that the logistical gear that was being transported were ROPES ...

I do not know the authenticity of the story or it might have been cooked but it is not uncommon for civilians around cantonment areas to face problems from a few, if not many, irksome 'Sarkari' drivers !

Last edited by poised2drive : 16th July 2015 at 15:04.
Old 16th July 2015, 16:09   #7676
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by poised2drive View Post
Why were the cops so dumbfounded ? .....
I can only quote from the little I've seen happening first-hand (lest I be censored for generalizing), but govt. vehicles seem to be a no-go when it comes to traffic offence accountability. I believe BMTC traffic offences actually get written up to the dept. (not individual drivers) and no prizes for guessing if any of them are ever actually paid for.

I've once been a victim of a BBMP garbage truck driver who refused to move his truck blocking the exit of my residential lane (for 20-odd mins when there was plenty of space for him to park at a different angle without being a nuisance) until his truck was loaded, and used the choicest language in the presence of the area's beat cops who happened to stop by. He appeared drunk and claimed being a caste 'brother' of the ruling CM, who was indebted to him due to his bestowing his invaluable vote that arguably secured the hot seat, apparently. Nobody could make him budge. While my better half prevented tempers from flaring, I just had to mash my teeth and stay home until His Majesty (of the filth collecting kind) deemed the lane fit to depart.

It's not just the high & mighty Sarkari fellows who act like kings; everyone, his uncle and the uncle's lame dog is a kingmaker here who can't be touched even for murder. Traffic offense? Humbug!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 16th July 2015 at 16:15.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th July 2015, 12:56   #7677
Senior - BHPian

Impossible to spot particular bad drivers because they are almost everywhere. The analogy is like the stars in the sky and impossible to pinpoint any minor stars. I would say that minor stars are all bad drivers, and the major distinguishing stars are the good drivers.

Instead of spotting bad drivers, I pray everyday that maybe today my vehicle will also escape unhurt.
Old 17th July 2015, 14:22   #7678
BHPian

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:

If the cops do the same thing here in Kerala, most of those bus rocket pilots would have the same fate. Then only there would be any hope of improvement.
Old 19th July 2015, 10:35   #7679
BHPian

There are times when folks get ticked off just based on misunderstanding. One day on Nice road I was cruising may be at 100 one (inappropriate word) started acting funny and kept trying to cut me off. Even at higher speeds he was relentless and wanted to pass me. Remembering the Hemamalini case I sobered up and let that guy go ahead. Not sure what his intention was but such folks wont learn even if they end up running over few people. Not sure if people get some rush chasing others for no reason. I even saw a youtube video where a Tata Aria was for no sane reason was chasing an Audi. That idiot was bragging to his co driver - "Audi has great pickup but after a while I can catchup". God save the world.

Last edited by bblost : 21st July 2015 at 15:38. Reason: deleted speed references.
Old 19th July 2015, 12:39   #7680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinih75 View Post
Not sure if people get some rush chasing others for no reason.
Hi Srini, I believe this race / chase mindset is a very common reason for bad driving and leads to more than a few accidents. It's not just about beating the high end cars.

On my daily commute, I commonly encounter situations like this with the rental Sumos and Gurkhas, as well as the white government / PSU board vehicles. Even schoolbuses. I usually immediately yield to these vehicles if I sense they are in a speedy mood but sometimes due to lane speed differences / obstacles I might end up in front of them after a signal or a jam. That's when they renew their mission to overtake every car (like mine) that has passed them 'illegally' and in the process create chaos.
Kumar R is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks