Team-BHP > Road Safety

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 19:22   #7696
BHPian

Re: Superbikes spotted in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
I was literally rolling with laughter seeing this.

Reminded me of Upendra's Dialogue

India is Great but Indians are not great
It's a green Z, just like mine. I have seen him doing this many times. I take the lake road route on my Z too but never had the chance to shoot
Old 21st July 2015, 20:23   #7697
BHPian

Funny, the one 'Indian' thing missing from the sbk scene is probably riding triples. I guess that's not too far from the corner. That'll be a sight, chappals, no helmet, riding triple or more on an R1 or a Busa
hifisharu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 06:32   #7698
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Reporting a bad driver, bhpians. Fortunately the video is captured using professional equipments and shown on youtube.

He is taking off quick, but looks like it is the 2nd gear. Not good for the engine.

Affirming his feelings for the co-passenger, taking his eyes off the road often, even when driving through water puddles.

Overtaking a Volvo bus when nearing a blind corner. No sufficient distance maintained. If only he had an idea about how these Volvo monsters brake!

And blind in overtaking as well- failing to spot the (so-called) landslide just ahead of the volvo.

Sudden steering inputs for no apparent reason in loose gravel.

The only solace is is that he believes in women empowerment, he gladly vacates the seat for her. #Mytime #Mychoice.
ramzsys is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 07:11   #7699
Senior - BHPian

^ ok, that's a pretty stupid ad, but bad driver? and what's with that yanking on the shifter? Are they trying to pluck a banana or shift gear?
Old 22nd July 2015, 07:37   #7700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryputtar View Post
Apologies if I offended you in any way
No not at all. I had anticipated these responses and there us a bit of bad driver in me (presume everyone may have it deep in there some where) and I am correcting myself every day. Planning to get a dashcam to replay my trips on occasions like these and see where I can fix my manners and responses.

At times the monkey in me gets triggered and try to tame it before it turns into a godzilla .
Old 22nd July 2015, 11:40   #7701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifisharu View Post
Funny, the one 'Indian' thing missing from the sbk scene is probably riding triples. I guess that's not too far from the corner. That'll be a sight, chappals, no helmet, riding triple or more on an R1 or a Busa
I'm surprised you haven't driven/ridden past mosque road in the evening. Ive been one of the lucky ones to see one guy ride with two pillions on a old R1. Was quite a sight to see the rider positioned to accommodate two more riders in the rear.

Something 'dud' looking about those lights on the R1. Every other angle of it looks simply superb. Looks properly engineered for aerodynamic efficiency with all those winglets, especially at the rear. The ignition system with that old fashioned key looks quite bad too.

Last edited by Fullrevs : 22nd July 2015 at 11:44.
Fullrevs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 11:55   #7702
BHPian

Dangerous and irresponsible driving.

Courtesy : Times of India
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-times-india-bangalore-24th-july.jpg  

Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2015, 13:26   #7703
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Drive View Post
Dangerous and irresponsible driving.

Courtesy : Times of India
The clipping talks about the 2 wheeler guy along with the pillion riding near a graveyard. There cannot be a perfect advertisement than this. This shows that if one drives recklessly, the grave yard is not far away.
Secondly in the event of sudden braking, he will not be in a position to do so. God forbid if some pedestrian accidentally comes in the way of the 2 wheeler. Not only is he ready to go to graveyard, he will be taking someone else as company.
suresh_gs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2015, 15:21   #7704
BHPian

Had gone to the Bangalore airport to pick up my brother-in-law yesterday evening around 7. It was raining, the airport cabs were up to their antics, changing lanes aggressively in a bid to out-drag each other, speeding to at least 120+ and the general taxi/cab behavior. The spray from the rear tyres of these cabs was making it very difficult and hence had to maintain longer than usual distance to get a clear view of the road.

Anyway, as soon as I got off the toll expressway and took the road that curves to the left and takes you in the direction of the terminal, I was overtaken by a dude on a KTM Duke doing atleast 110+ and leaning to his left, with his left knee almost touching the ground.

To make things worse, he had taken his hands off the handlebar and would you believe it, both rear indicators were blinking together, giving nearby drivers absolutely no idea of which way he would turn/go next. He continued in his mad rush and driving atleast 100+ on a wet road with cars zooming around till we reached the parking area and he didn't even slow down for the yellow rumbling strip near the parking and went over them at full blast. He was not even in proper gear and I noticed he had on a denim jacket, jeans and everyday sneakers for footwear.

It was one of the most careless, terrible displays of rash and dangerous driving on two-wheels I had seen in a long time and left me silently cursing that fellow for endangering himself and many others.

Off late I've started seeing many people taking out these powerful bikes on this route for a joyride, where they can easily speed up much more than any other stretch would allow, especially in the evenings. These idiots give other bikers a bad name with this kind of behavior and hence whenever people see these kind of powerful bikes, they invariably think a spoilt brat must be out to show off with no regard to traffic rules and overall driving conditions.

Last edited by Parth46 : 26th July 2015 at 15:29.
Old 26th July 2015, 23:36   #7705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar R View Post

On my daily commute, I commonly encounter situations like this with the rental Sumos and Gurkhas, as well as the white government / PSU board vehicles. Even schoolbuses. I usually immediately yield to these vehicles if I sense they are in a speedy mood but sometimes due to lane speed differences / obstacles I might end up in front of them after a signal or a jam. That's when they renew their mission to overtake every car (like mine) that has passed them 'illegally' and in the process create chaos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srinih75 View Post
. Even at higher speeds he was relentless and wanted to pass me. Remembering the Hemamalini case I sobered up and let that guy go ahead. Not sure what his intention was but such folks wont learn even if they end up running over few people. Not sure if people get some rush chasing others for no reason..
+1 to both of your observations
I have similar experiences very frequently on my daily commute.
especially in the outer ring road, i see many vehicles flashing their headlights trying to overtake you, even when there is bumper to bumper trafffic condition. God knows what is the hurry for these folks.
Old 28th July 2015, 10:08   #7706
BHPian

Spotted 3 examples of bad drivers on my way to my daughters school this morning:

1) A Toffee brown Jetta HL (noticed the DRLs), with the driver (looked like a well educated professional) on a hand-held phone on a busy fast-moving junction, I am quite sure Jetta HL comes with bluetooth connectivity for taking phone calls

2) A white Maruti Ritz with 2 ladies in the front, not sure about their seatbelt status as I was following them, when I came in line with the rear window I noticed 2 4-5 years girls sitting cross-legged on the rear seat, playing some board game

3) Now this is really common, I regularly see at least 10-15 2-wheelers blatantly coming in the wrong direction, on my way back from my daughters school to the next junction. Reason being the split in the road is too far and people coming from the opposite direction on that junction cannot be bothered to "waste" another 5 minutes of their precious time dropping their kids safely. But today was exceptional, as I ran into a Ciaz coming from the wrong side, with the kid nowhere to be seen. Finally spotted the kid standing and hiding behind the dashboard, in some strange hide and seek game with the onlookers. Bravo!
Old 28th July 2015, 13:05   #7707
Senior - BHPian

Staying on my lane on an empty road today morning and this GOI ford fiesta joins from a side road, cuts across me without even slowing down and goes off blissfully ignorant of the accident he almost caused.
Old 28th July 2015, 13:54   #7708
Senior - BHPian

Saw this driving school vehicle being parked beyond the zebra crossing. All the makings of the future bad driver. Even the lady driving this car did not bother to question the one who was educating nor she herself had the will to follow traffic rules. The car took off even before the signal turned green.

When we are being taught to be bad drivers, why do we expect good drivers on the road. Sad state of education in this country.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-p_20150728_073818.jpg  

Old 28th July 2015, 14:12   #7709
Senior - BHPian

After seeing so many posts above , I can't resist posting this. An elderly gentleman driving with a kid (probably his grandson) on his lap talking on the phone. Took his pic at a signal after trying to warn him of the dangers. But he just zoomed off. Hadn't even put on his seat belt .

Spotted in Vashi

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1438072777286.jpg
Old 28th July 2015, 14:24   #7710
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
After seeing so many posts above , I can't resist posting this. An elderly gentleman driving with a kid (probably his grandson) on his lap talking on the phone. Took his pic at a signal after trying to warn him of the dangers. But he just zoomed off. Hadn't even put on his seat belt .

Spotted in Vashi

Attachment 1396487
Ahh!
He pulled a Hungarian Maldonado there, 3 offences at a go!

But, as far as kids go, I think you have to bring up your kid to know that he is not allowed in the front, without giving in. I've ingrained that in my sister's boy. My own little guy is still a bit too young to be out of the car seat at all, but he actually gets into the pose every-time we go to the door where his seat is. As if he knows that car=baby in car seat.
mayankk is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed