Team-BHP > Road Safety
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2015, 14:35   #7816
BHPian

Speaking of badly driven KA vehicles, this person with a pea sized brain thought it would be a good idea to park his zen like this. Look at the gap on the left! I had to get in through the passenger door! -_-
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-1443085507000.jpg
saadat1992 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 03:22   #7817
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Ahhh, sweet! The Zen wants a cuddle!

I think that is the funniest picture I've seen on this thread.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 25th September 2015 at 03:23.
Old 25th September 2015, 09:08   #7818
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Speaking of badly driven KA vehicles, this person with a pea sized brain thought it would be a good idea to park his zen like this. Look at the gap on the left! I had to get in through the passenger door!
Is it the camera angle or that zen is really looking small in front of your car?
Nevertheless it's people like these that sometimes make me want to park my car in a way that it occupies 2 places. Most of such people don't think twice before banging their doors in your car.
Old 25th September 2015, 10:27   #7819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Yesterday ..While passing he shouted at me - saale, agar bachcha saath nahin hota to bahut maarta. I was flabbergasted; had half a mind to go back and beat the shit out of him. Thankfully sense prevailed and I carried on my way.
A simple to question to this ALTO moron "Is that what your parents taught you to behave in public, that you are teaching your child as well" could have devastated him. Something that DryIce also stated. I had given the same to one off Neta's Maruti Esteem, during an altercation at Vashi bridge some time ago. He was with his wife, his son would have been at least 6 years. His number plate carried a political parties logo. He simply drove -off.

However I understand you were with your daughter. Great job in not responding to his provocations (silence is killer sometimes) & letting your child understand what is right & what is wrong on the road.. .

--NOM--

Saurabh.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 25th September 2015 at 10:39.
Old 25th September 2015, 11:29   #7820
BHPian

Quote:
You wanna race? Go to the track! Just because I flashed my headlamps when you tried cutting me off, doesn't mean I wanted to race
I do not understand one common behavior among people lately.., especially after sticking the LTD on the Rear Bumper on my car. No matter where I am, people try to race me Are people misinformed that "TEAM-BHP" is a Racing Group?

I request the mods to consider this option for the sticker set. We can have a new sticker with the tag :
"Team-BHP - WE ARE A RACE, BUT WE DON'T RACE" (I was discussing the option with silversteed the other day)

I just hope that this will solve half of the existing problem with the confused racers out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
For some weird reason, people take a flash by or warning flash (incoming) quite offensively, and start to behave rash. Not sure why people react in this manner.
I had an experience with such rash behavior some time back. There was this old man.., may be in his 60s driving a Maruit Omni. It was around 6:30PM in the evening.., and neither of us had the headlights on just yet. We were driving opposite to each other and the road was narrow. He stopped and let me pass. As a method of courtesy.., to thank him, I gave one flash. Don't know what offended him, but he started shouting the very moment and proclaimed "Yaakappa? Yen problem? Bittillva jaaga?" (Translation: 'Why? What's the problem? Did I not give you the way?") The old man misunderstood the gesture for no good reason.

As you mentioned, even I'm not sure why people take it offensive
vnidta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 14:21   #7821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnidta View Post
I had an experience with such rash behavior some time back. There was this old man... courtesy... to thank him, I gave one flash
That reminded me of an incident that happened in Detroit. Two of us were on a business trip, and my colleague was driving. We reached a crossroads, where a semi trailer coming in the opposite direction wanted to turn left. Since we were closer to the junction, the truck guy slowed down for us to pass (first in, first out - the gentlemanly way). My friend here, flashed his headlights out of instinct, in a bid to let the trailer driver know that we'll pass first. He had no idea that flashing in that part of the world is to show that we are yielding. Oblivious to the contradicting meaning of the gesture in India, the truck accelerated and completed the turn - missing our right fender by millimetres. Never ever have I sat shotgun with this colleague.
Old 25th September 2015, 17:15   #7822
BHPian

I have arrived in Hyderabad 5 days back and while walking near Hussain Sagar lake I saw a Hyundai Verna being driven with kids enjoying the evening air sitting in the boot.

At the same time, this gentleman also had his ORVM folded in. I was surprised as to how was he assessing the flow of traffic.

The Most surprising part was that he was standing on a traffic signal and Traffic police just allowed him to carry on that way itself.

I am sorry for the poor image quality. I wish to have carried my camera along.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20150921_190729437.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20150921_190815407.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20150921_190737453.jpg  

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20150921_190810114.jpg  

Last edited by cruising_rapid : 25th September 2015 at 17:30.
cruising_rapid is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 19:28   #7823
BHPian

Quote:
Speaking of badly driven KA vehicles, this person with a pea sized brain thought it would be a good idea to park his zen like this. Look at the gap on the left! I had to get in through the passenger door! -_-
Attachment 1419097
These are the occasions, when I wish my car had Remote, Hydraulically operated doors!
Old 25th September 2015, 19:36   #7824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruising_rapid View Post
At the same time, this gentleman also had his ORVM folded in. I was surprised as to how was he assessing the flow of traffic.
Good lord. I was like, the IRVM has no use, since its blocked by the open boot lid. Then I saw the folded ORVM .

No words, by far the worst bad driver spotting lately.
ecenandu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 21:03   #7825
BHPian

Quote:
I have arrived in Hyderabad 5 days back and while walking near Hussain Sagar lake I saw a Hyundai Verna being driven with kids enjoying the evening air sitting in the boot.

Look he has his hazard light ON. So, he is warning other what kind of moron is he
500ContyCruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 21:20   #7826
Senior - BHPian

Spending 25L gets you two parking slots anywhere you go. Spotted at BIAL parking lot.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-imageuploadedbyteambhp1443196195.668213.jpg
IronH4WK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 22:09   #7827
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank god it's not a VW Diesel!

But, seriously... whatever the car, this is the route to CO poisoning for the family
~
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 23:47   #7828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post

But, seriously... whatever the car, this is the route to CO poisoning for the family
~
Personally, I am a big fan of VW diesel and the turbo kick these engines give. VW and Toyota have always been very strong on diesel.

That apart, while this was an exemplary display of the maxim that says that "Common sense is not so common" the oblivion attitude of traffic police constables standing there was more irritating to see.
Old 26th September 2015, 10:59   #7829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
Spending 25L gets you two parking slots anywhere you go. Spotted at BIAL parking lot.
I guess he's more worried about the sand on the left-hand side. The rare-case SUV enthusiast who does not want to have any trace of dirt on the wheels. With this, I remember the character TJ Hummer from the animated movie - Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I drive a Hyundai Diesel myself. Trust me, this Getz CRDi I have is no less than any Volkswagen. Anyway, I cannot comment on that Verna as I do not know if it's a Diesel or a Petrol Jokes apart, that guy who's driving it is a serious disaster himself! There's no way he would have any clue on what's happening on his back
vnidta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 12:38   #7830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post

Attachment 1419601
Looking at the photo, I think we cannot blame the SUV driver but the people who made the last slot of the parking lot should take the blame. The last slot is not only narrow but also the shrubs are intruding into the already narrow width.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks