BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Heights of not wanting to break the rules
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_0215.jpg  

Old 8th March 2016, 09:39   #8207

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Part of morning madness. Any vehicle entering this flyover is around 40kmph minimum. I would have been around 45. This guy decides to reverse on this one way flyover. I was among the first cars to get up this flyover since there is a Signal just half a km behind this approach & I was in the first line. There is a whole swarm of traffic behind me.

Icing on the cake : Does not even have a reverse light.

Safe speeds saved both of us.
This is a problem on Hebbal flyover. Since it's been split at the entry from the southern side, the traffic including buses will go all the way till mouth of the flyover and then try to squeeze into the left slip lane blocking the entire traffic towards Airport. People don't realise that impatience causes further delay and possibly accidents.
attrishekhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 18:24   #8208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Part of morning madness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
it is precisely because we allow such behavior that it is so rampant.
Let me explain to you what happens it you confront such people. This happened while I was driving last week at Koramangala, BLR, in front of Sapna bookhouse. Technically, this is a 4 lane undivided road, but one lane is always taken up by parked vehicles on both sides. Traffic police just uses this stretch as a honey pot to challan the parked vehicles rather than enforcing the no-parking rule. So, I was on the extreme left, and a BMTC bus coming from my opposite direction had crossed over to the wrong lane overtaking a line of cars. Now comes the auto, overtaking even the bus, even after seeing that I was coming face to face with him. Usually, I stop sparing some space for such people to brake, and merge back to their lane. This time, I decided than I will at least make him reverse, so I stopped just in front of him. (Me, the bus and the auto were doing sub-30 kmph). What followed was that he got worked up, came to my window and started abusing me, and even threatened to strike my window. I didn't want to go physical, so I just switched off the engine and gave him a piece of my mind. In the next couple of minutes, about 4-5 bikers stopped and scolded him, showing where his auto is, but the auto driver had gone full retard by then and were abusing them too. Traffic was getting piled up behind me, so I reversed, and went on my way.

On hindsight, may be what I did was also not 100% the right thing, but I strongly believe that it is because we tolerate so many such "small" violations that we are seeing the level of indiscipline on our roads.
Horizon81 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 19:03   #8209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon81 View Post
Let me explain to you what happens it you confront such people.
I know and I have experienced this first hand, the most recent being last week. I used to take stands against such behavior but seeing the pathetic attitude of other road users who would rather go on their way than stop to show the wrongdoer his mistake made me change my take and now I allow all the maniacs a free road.

Just yesterday an omni in a hurry brushed against my left mirror and caused it to fold. Now I went alongside him (heavy traffic brought about that - I did not race to catch up with him) and opened my window to ask him to open the mirror. He thought I was going to scold him and started saying that the other guy come towards me so I brushed etc etc.

I told him just open my mirror and lets go. All this took a mere 2-4 seconds but by that time the whole cacophony of horns had built up a crescendo. Nowadays it is like - I should be able to go my way and while going my way I should be first in line, the others go to hell.
luvDriving is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 14:01   #8210
Senior - BHPian

Thread looks pretty "thanda". Let me warm it up with a quick dashcam footage from my office travel this morning

Scene: Cop riding wrong way, almost rams into pedestrians (you can call they jaywalkers also). Icing on cake was the Mobile stuffed into his helmet. Bad lighting couldn't capture the registration number

Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 22:57   #8211
BHPian

Guys like these, spoil my day. I mean, why can't one be considerate of others? Every day one or the other retards park their car like this depriving others of parking space.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-p_20160317_184551_1_p.jpg  

Old 17th March 2016, 23:27   #8212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijelj View Post
Guys like these, spoil my day. I mean, why can't one be considerate of others? Every day one or the other retards park their car like this depriving others of parking space.
If I were you, I would find out the owner from the Transport Dept website, search for the imbecile's name in the employer's security/facilities management records, and send this pic to those concerned. A rap on the knuckles is much needed for such educated fools.

But, playing the devil's advocate, it could also be the case that the Safari had to be parked that way because some other imbecile(s) left not enough space for another vehicle to park and the large turning radius of the Safari made things complicated
Old 18th March 2016, 07:43   #8213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
But, playing the devil's advocate, it could also be the case that the Safari had to be parked that way because some other imbecile(s) left not enough space for another vehicle to park and the large turning radius of the Safari made things complicated
This is exactly what happened to me. Some Learner had parked the car in an awkward angle. So Parked my Palio car in the same angle as per the instruction of the attender. When I came out after 5-6 hours, some one had put a stick-on saying 'Learn to Park Correctly'.

Regards

Damodar
chandrda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 10:51   #8214
BHPian

Does this moped-rider (riding without helmet) should be considered as a bad rider?

Old 20th March 2016, 14:21   #8215
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Does this moped-rider (riding without helmet) should be considered as a bad rider?
Utter madness. Risking one's own life with tricks like that is fine, but on a public road

Having said that, I have some respect for the road sense of dogs that live on the street: it is often greater than that of nearby human pedestrians!

Is this for real? is the dog actually steering? Or is the guy doing something with body weight. I am almost completely ignorant about 2-wheelers and their control and dynamics; I don't know what is possible. It does look like the dog is actually far from being a bad driver!

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 20th March 2016 at 14:23.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 08:47   #8216
Senior - BHPian

KA 53 C 2709 - Bangalore Cabbie

Watch out this crazy Dzire cabbie. First he tries to overtake the bus logically from the right side. He is at a good speed, and so am I. Suddenly he decides to squeeze in between the Tata Ace and the Bus. He puts on his left blinkers and forcefully tries to bully infront of the bus, but gives up because the bus is also at a good speed. Then he looses his mind and almost side swipes the bus in a mad effort to overtake and get ahead of the bus. Ofcourse he doesn't have the common sense that he is in the bus driver's blind spot. And suddenly swerving into my lane without realizing that some other vehicle was behind him.
The bus driver is pissed off, stops and blasts him. I stop behind for a second and then overtake him and give him another mouthful.

Why did all these drama happen ? Because the retarded driver was on his phone, while an employee was sitting in the passenger seat.
Actually, I should have shouted some choicest English language expletives for that educated moron who was sitting like a dumb eff.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 30th March 2016 at 08:53.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 12:45   #8217
BHPian

India - a land of people with no time to spare.

Image Source: G Plus Magazine

P.S: Also look at how the entire road has been taken over by vehicles as if it is a one way road. Happens on both sides of the railway crossing. So when the train passes and the crossing is open, it takes another 10 mins to clear the traffic because of the deadlock created. Vehicles on the right will try to cut into the left causing delays, scratches and what not.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-12923146_1043801192352326_221510140799217388_n.jpg  

Last edited by TD_GHY : 2nd April 2016 at 12:49. Reason: Added the P.S part
TD_GHY is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 13:23   #8218
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
P.S: Also look at how the entire road has been taken over by vehicles as if it is a one way road.
This seems to happen on every road here now. It can be a narrow lane, two vehicles may be passing slowly: they will find themselves facing wrong-side-of-road drivers. Result: logjam.

First the bikers, who have no idea about queues except to overtake them. Then a cab, a car, and the others will follow. It also means that one can't U-turn and get out of there.

This behaviour is anti-social and just plain stupid beyond belief. Is it not obvious to each of those individuals that they are blocking the road? Whatever happened to basic intelligence?

There are junctions where right-turning traffic takes up the right hand side of the road, and moves off quickly. The one I am thinking of in particular is a T junction with signals, so when the upright of the T gets a green, it, and only it, moves left and right. These places are the exception, and I suspect that it works more by luck than by design or driver judgement
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 13:33   #8219
BHPian

Ah absolutely spon on video about our people's road manners while waiting. Excuse me, but What's waiting by the way - is the attitude of most if not all drivers here. No surprises if we find 8 or 10 lanes of vehicle in a 6 lane roads.
Old 3rd April 2016, 17:33   #8220
BHPian

This moron with the number KA03MD4150 a black wagon r with team bhp stickers pasted all over his car, a broken side right mirror with only a single working tail light nearly sent me and my family to heaven today (03/04/2016) at around 4 30 near MS Palya, Bangalore. The idiot driver severed and went away like he did no wrong, followed him till Yelahanka New Town and couldn't follow anymore since my home was near and my parents were with me. As soon as the driver almost hit me at full speed, I swerved to my left narrowly missing him by a few inches. I told my father to click and pic and he did do it immediately with fury which resulted in a blurred picture, I have tried to enhance it to make the number plate legible. I was shocked by a team bhp member with the forum motifs all over his car driving in such a terrible way and keeping his car in such bad condition. Members please shed light on who this is so that I can let him know how he almost ruined my life and almost gave a heart attack to my parents. Please help me in finding this guy.
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_20160403_16464901.jpeg  

Thebat is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks