Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2016, 08:48   #8221
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebat View Post
Please help me in finding this guy.
Here is your tormentor's details. Google / Facebook the name for more details.

Source:
http://rto.kar.nic.in/ - Click on Vehicle Search - http://164.100.80.164/vehiclesearch/

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-vehicle.jpg
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2016, 18:42   #8222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Here is your tormentor's details. Google / Facebook the name for more details.

Source:
http://rto.kar.nic.in/ - Click on Vehicle Search - http://164.100.80.164/vehiclesearch/

Attachment 1493824
The record show that this is the 3rd owner for this car. Possible that the current owner might not be a TBHP member. Better to peel off the TBHP sticker when selling your cars.
enzo10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 10:51   #8223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebat View Post
This moron with the number KA03MD4150 a black wagon r with team bhp stickers pasted all over his car...
Some tidbits:
  1. If you see a car with multiple Team-BHP stickers smeared all over it, either it could be an active, too-proud-to-be-confined-to-the-forum BHPian, OR, a random owner who simply wants to make every paisa he paid for the set of stickers count, by sticking all of them on the car. The latter outnumbers the former by a vast margin.
  2. There's no guarantee that the first category has only law-abiding citizens. There could be bad apples, and there could also be those moments when the behaviour defies logic. To err is human, and we all are human (except Superman of course; he came from Krypton )
  3. Never confront such low-lives unless it caused some damage to your car or a pedestrian, or you have the might and means to "handle" the erring driver - it's not worth our time (IMHO).
silversteed is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 14:46   #8224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Some tidbits:
  1. ....a random owner who simply wants to make every paisa he paid for the set of stickers count, by sticking all of them on the car. The latter outnumbers the former by a vast margin.
To add on there are lots of folks who also make "duplicates" out of the Team BHP stickers. A distant relative of mine, who lives in a very small town/village in KL had a couple of these stickers. I started talking about Team BHP forum and that chap was like "***...". He had no clue on Team BHP at all, and said that the stickers were locally made.
Old 5th April 2016, 22:48   #8225
BHPian

This idiot almost killed a motorcyclist when he suddenly swerved, trying to squeeze in to the narrow space between two cars. On top of that the car had rally lights turned on blinding everyone nearby. The car belongs to a renowned cardiologist in Vijayawada. God! the driver's a terrible sod.

Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_3540.jpg
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 08:17   #8226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post
The car belongs to a renowned cardiologist in Vijayawada.
More scares, more shocks, more heart attacks, more patients!
Deep thought, or maybe not. :P
schakravarthy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 10:55   #8227
BHPian

An example of another careless motorist- spotted in the bylanes of Nalanchira, Trivandrum today morning. I was enroute to the Technopark campus in Trivandrum. This gentleman is on his cellular phone, doesn't wear a helmet, and also has his daughter sitting in front of him- GOD save us !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Bad Drivers - How do you spot 'em-img_7546.jpg  

jacobvarughese is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 15:44   #8228
Senior - BHPian

Bad driver: Does not know about the basic features of a car.

Like ... suspension.
Today, I almost rear-ended a Santro because the (very bad) driver suddenly slowed down from 40kmph to near-standstill to negotiate a - wait for it, hold your breath - expansion joint!
This isn't one of your badly constructed ones either. Autos, and other vehicles that have no functioning suspension to speak of, take it at normal speeds.
KiloAlpha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 23:56   #8229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
the (very bad) driver suddenly slowed down from 40kmph to near-standstill to negotiate a - wait for it, hold your breath - expansion joint!
I'm sure I've done that and hey, I'm not a very bad driver

With stuff like that it is hard to blame. Sometimes it looks like there is a bump when there isn't one. Sometimes one notices something at the last moment and slows down just in case, whatever. Sometimes, yes, it turns out to have been an idiot thing to do.

The answer is easy: never drive so close that you almost rear-end the vehicle in front if they do slow down suddenly, unexpectedly, and even without any good reason. That's your responsibility, and it would be your fault if you had hit him.

But I'd have shouted at the guy!
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 00:11   #8230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
....Sometimes it looks like there is a bump when there isn't one...
Expansion joints are usually on bridges and bridges never have a speed breaker. To be honest, I have never mistaken an expansion joint to a speed breaker - there is too much difference to notice, even in night. And then, am sure there are vehicles almost always at the front and it's speed and movement is a clear indication of what's on the road.
Old 7th April 2016, 07:22   #8231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
...bridges never have a speed breaker...
Don't say that! there's a long fly over of more than 5kms in Bangalore(KR Market flyover) which had humps at every expansion joint for quite some time. Its only recently that they removed them and put good quality road-level joints.
Anything can happen in our country. We also had a signal on a bridge.
in both cases, the engineers later convinced the authorities that these will put additional load on the bridge and it is not built to bear that.
hemanth.anand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2016, 08:01   #8232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Anything can happen in our country.
Not just 'on' the flyover, there are speed breakers at the beginning as well!

I remember hitting one on my bike one early morning and my pillion loosing balance. I took me by surprise because I never expected a speed breaker to be placed at the beginning of a flyover and since it was dark, failed to see it!

So yes, anything can happen here!
Old 7th April 2016, 13:11   #8233
BHPian

Quote:
We also had a signal on a bridge... engineers later convinced the authorities that these will put additional load on the bridge and it is not built to bear that
I just hope that some engineer convinces the traffic cops not to stop the traffic on Agara Flyover. Every single day, it scares me since I keep imagining the flyover falling off due to the heavy load and I getting stuck in the mayhem It is plain stupidity to stop traffic on a flyover since the main intention of building the flyover is negated!
Old 7th April 2016, 13:41   #8234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Don't say that! there's a long fly over of more than 5kms in Bangalore(KR Market flyover) which had humps at every expansion joint for quite some time. Its only recently that they removed them and put good quality road-level joints.
Anything can happen in our country. We also had a signal on a bridge.
in both cases, the engineers later convinced the authorities that these will put additional load on the bridge and it is not built to bear that.
That is Sirsi Circle flyover. Since it is assembled flyover, the whole stretch took just few months to build. The drawback is it require periodic maintenance for joints (job which our BBMP fails), hence the bumps. It is one of the most useful flyovers in Bangalore.
Technical details: http://dar.dargroup.com/Projects/Sirsi-Circle-Flyover
Old 7th April 2016, 15:36   #8235
BHPian

What is it with Indians and jumping queues? This happened for the third time this week, on my way to work. There is this girl on a white Activa (KA03, I didn't get the remaining, I'll try to take a picture next time) who absolutely refuses to stay in line to pay the toll at the EC expressway. There is a long queue of two wheelers at the left-most lane, waiting to pay the toll and this female rode on between the 2 and 4 wheeler lanes all the way to the toll booth and bullied her way in to the line and paid the toll. As soon as they saw her bypass the queue this way, motorists who had been patiently waiting suddenly decided it was better to have 3+ lanes of two wheelers in a free-for-all dash to reach the toll.

The first day I thought it was a one off thing, but it repeated often in the last week. Every day at around 8-am give or take a few minutes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks